• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I shall carry you to the gates of Valhalla - army type folks
    The dolphins are not particularly lively today - Djinni has seen only a few sleek grey backs since dawn. She likes to stand atop the cliffs and watch them; sometimes she even joins them. This morning she had abstained, and stands alone amid the tall grasses, her dark eyes watching the churning waves.

She knows that Lagertha is nearby, and there is something almost palpable in the air. So when the grey mare trumpets a summons, Djinni is not startled. Hestia had recently called together the women interested in peacemaking, so it only makes sense that the same would be done soon for those interested in battle.

Djinni is not particularly fascinated with either, but her skill at both of them far exceeds the basics. She comes from a time when the children of royalty were tutored and cared for; not simply sired by kings on any passing mare and then forgotten. They grullo mare had mastered the art of conversation; her father had once said she could tell someone to 'go to hell' in such a way that they looked forward to the trip. From Uncle Marston she had learned how to defend herself and those around her. Army training though, was something else entire. She simply does not "do" offense.

It's time to learn then.

She moves forward, closing the distance between herself and Lagertha with a smile on her dished face. She offers a simple nod in greeting, but there is really nothing for her to say - her presence speaks for itself - so she remains quiet.
    D J I N N I
    genie | rose gold tobiano dun | trickster

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I shall carry you to the gates of Valhalla - army type folks - by Djinni - 10-11-2016, 07:44 AM