• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

TO THE MOON POOL (ALL KINGDOM - INITIATIONS)
    breaking waves of change
    The air is warming, the salty scent in the air is thick and refreshing. A full moon rising high into the clear sky, it looked like a dark blanket covered over a bright light with holes poked in it. Dazzling stars and fully visible constellations shone just as brightly as the huge pale moon. Naga felt her spirit lift, she felt it was time...this was the night she was to hold the initiations. She emerged from her favored coastal cave and made her way to the meeting rock, her warrior queen whinny boomed over the sound of the crashing waves that were drawn back more than usual. Her tone was not demanding, but welcoming, inviting. She waited for all the residents to come forward before she excitedly and warmly announced the rarity and highly ritualistic this moonlit evening was to be.

As she mentally took a headcount, she finally was ready to begin. Her voice was a bit more rhythmic and euphoric sounding than usual, but still silky and deep. Her eyes shone bright and her body seemed to radiate a kind of energy that could almost intoxicate those around her. Like when someone bright, energetic, and spiritual comes into a room and everyone seems to feed off that energy she emits and feel good. She begins.

"My fellow sisters....and brothers...I have called you all here tonight for a special occasion. The tides have pulled back and the moon is full. I have taken a long time to study our beloved new home and found a special place in our kingdom that is only accessible on rare nights like these.

Tonight, we hold the initiation ritual. Hestia, Lagertha. Please follow behind me with your caste members single file behind you. Those who are residents, follow us as well. Everyone, even those not within a caste, males, and elders alike, you will also be a part of this as well. Children are welcome to be initiated too. It is time.

Please, follow me to the Moon Cave.

She then smiles and motions for everyone to follow, leading them in a structured procession. The feeling was heavy, but, not a bad kind. That of heavy ritualistic energy, an intoxicating and relaxing feeling. As she lead the way through ebony sands, they make their way into the lowered tides. The sound of the crashing waves against the cliffs sound like drums. For some reason the feeling and heartbeat of the jungle seemed to sound as they enter the glowing blue cave.

The black sand they trod down was dotted with puddles and wet from being underwater for so long before the rare tide pulled away for them to venture inside. The puddles reflecting the blue of the glow worms that adorned the cave ceiling and walls made the walk through the winding path seem more magical. Soon as they turned a corner, divided by a stalagmite, the cave opened up into what seemed like a giant room. The walls glowed brighter than those of the path they came down, and placed in the middle of the farthest wall, was a perfectly sculpted natural fountain with a bowl formation to catch the water. The roof of the cave opened up above it, where the water streamed down from a creek above, it ran down into the moonlit pool of the fountain.

Naga stepped up beside the pool as the others gathered. She dipped her muzzle down into the moon pool, letting the cool water wash over her. She raised her head up, smiling warmly. Her voice echoed through the cave eerily as she began the initiation ritual.

"Fellow residents of Nerine. Here we gather to formally and officially dedicate ourselves to this land as the sisterhood of the Jungle once did when the Amazon Jungle was first founded. Be you a sister....or a new brother...You are all welcome here, and will be a part of a new kinship.

I, Naga, pledge to uphold the new traditions and laws of this new land. I promise to love and protect you all with all of my being. I promise to take care of this land, and not let it fall into ruin. I pledge to be the best queen I can possibly be."

She looked to the others and nodded to them respectfully before speaking again.

"Please, one by one, step forward and tell me why you wish to dedicate yourself to the new Fellowship of Nerine, and vow to protect and be loyal to your fellow sisters and brothers.

After you make your pledge, please come forth to the Moon Pool I shall bless you with the cool and purifying, moon charged water. A symbol of purity and rebirth. A symbol of trust and loyalty.

May the initiations begin...

With that, she then allows the initiates come forward, High positions, their caste members, and men, residents, and children. This was the beginning of a new siblinghood. The sisterhood still lived, but they were to now welcome brothers if they wished to become a part of Nerine. Though Naga knew she was going to keep with tradition and have Nerine still be a very feminine kingdom. But, this was a new tradition built off of an old one, the initiation ritual. She hoped things would only get better from here, and she was eager to hear the pledging of loyalty from all the residents and sisters she loved so dearly.
    Naga

Alright!! Our first Nerine initiations!!!
    Have fun!! I look forward to reading your pony's experiences with this initiation ritual!!!
    Celeana

Finally the time had come, initiation night was upon them and Celeana knew well they mustn't waste their precious time. While the moon was still cradled in it's heavenly bed of constellations, blanketed by the gorgeous and frightening nightfall. As waves lapped at the coastal sands of Nerine's beaches, sinking back into the ocean itself, revealing the wonders of low tide. Nocturnal creature residents scurried about excitedly, turtles, lizards, and avians alike called out in chorus as the sisterhood marched on. Led by their just panther queen into the night, followed by their new brethren, sisters and brothers congregated for the first time in ages. This was a time of new traditions, and beginnings for the strong women and now men of Nerine.

Celeana trails behind Hestia, and her other caste members while she had failed to recruit newcomers of beqanna. She still held her elegant cranium of hers high, it as the first time in a while since she'd been this proud of herself and her sisters. And with a comforting grin forming upon her muzzle, the girl marches on towards this moon cove. A place of new beginnings, for all of them. Even for the most stubborn of sisters.

The moist sand beneath her hooves, grows darkens as they proceed through a maze of puddles left by the previously aquatic area. Her heart quickens as they reach the mouth of a cave, glittering with a gorgeous azure iridescent glow. Her verdant eyes dance about her surroundings as the crashing of low tide waves beat across cliffs thundered in her ears, sending echoes throughout the magnificent cavern. The path is windy, and maze like as she follows Hestia and Naga down the windy passageway revealing a gorgeous fountain ruin within working order, sculpted to perfection. And how could it get any better? The Moon reflected upon the waters through the roof above which seemed to have eroded over the years, allowing the waters to glow with luminance giving each of the bodies within the cave a cobalt tint.

With admiration practically glowing in her eyes, Celeana watches with a fondness as Naga pledges to Nerine, as she pledges herself to the sisterhood. Her heart flutters with excitement as adrenaline rushes through every vein in her body. She felt like a child initiating herself into the sisterhood for the first time, except this time she would be a diplomat.

Stepping forwards, with a sense of pride and accomplishment she recites her own pledge. "I Celeana, pledge to uphold the new traditions and laws of this new land. I promise to fill Nerine's land with life, and to pass down the knowledge of our sisterhood's history. I pledge to fulfill the duties, as a diplomat and spiritual caste member throughout my days." The ebony speckled girl steps forth into the glittering waters, bowing her porcelain cranium in deep respect towards her queen. As the cold waters lap at her coat, purifying her being and initiating her into the new castes.

Where the Wild Things Are

OOC: I love this post <3 for the spiritual caste Queenie said it was by volunteer...
    [Image: celeana1_zps6eonkecp.gif?w=480&h=480&fit...1483304507]
    The beach has long been absent of any hoofprints save her own and Nayl's, but she heeds the summons like the good little follower that she isn't. When Naga invites them all - women, men, and children - to follow her and pledge themselves to the kingdom, Djinni does not.

"I came for the Sisterhood," she says to no one in particular, "I won't pledge myself to a Fellowship." As they all (and who will they all be, really?) follow Naga, Djinn turns away and heads north along the sea.
    D J I N N I
    genie | rose gold tobiano dun | trickster