• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

don't make any sudden moves; marlyn
    some kind of quote here
    The mare chuckles - a sound that Terra does not entirely like - and steps closer to smile benevolently at the dark yearling. "Well something is amiss.” Terra shakes her head slightly, leaning backwards though her feet remain fixed to the forest floor. “I don’t think …”

“Stand still, Terra.”

Marlyn needn’t have asked. The girl stands transfixed, watching in awe as a point of light begins to form in front of the speckled mare. The light grows and draws closer to Marlyn, and then suddenly the mare lashes out and some how grips it with her teeth. Terra stands frozen, baffled as the mare fights with the light, tucking it closer until …

The motion is too quick for her to react - Marlyn jumps forward, pressing the ball of light against Terra’s chest. And she feels it enter her. She’s stunned for a moment, quiet until the now sweaty mare steps back to say, “There, Terra, whatever you may have lost is now restored.”

She snorts and opens her mouth. “What did you …” But her question is lost as her body forcibly ripples. “Wha … ? Her head cranes about, just in time to see her the colour begin to bleed from her beautiful feathered wings. Within moments she can see right through them, but the thought is quickly quashed by the fact that she can see her very coat begin to change. A ripple of colours and textures spreads out across her sides (though they are quickly replaced with her ordinary coat), and a strange sensation spreads through her body. She feels …. light. She feels free.

But she doesn’t know what that means. 

Her eyes return to stare cautiously at the speckled mare - she doesn’t know they’ve turned turned cat-like, and gold. “What’s happening to me? What did you do?!” 

TERRA
    HTML by Call

@[Marlyn] I don't know if it was an issue with my html, or your html, but I couldn't reply to the old thread and still read it (her html was all squished to one side). Tongue
    Marlyn, who is quite exhausted, does not have much energy or patience to answer such questions. Instead, she stands against the sturdy tree as she catches her breath. "I-I returned what was lost." Marlyn answers as plainly as she could. The spotted woman does not know how she does it but she just does. "Consider it a gift from the fairies." Her tone is rather matter-of-factually though a smile touches her features. Already the younger female's eyes are liquid gold, her body responding to the magic. Marlyn falls silent as she does not know what else to say. "Good luck, Terra." She wishes the other luck before finding her feet after a few unstable steps and moving herself onward to the next horse.
    MARLYN