• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

NAYL, ANY, ALL
    as the winds blow, so will I know...
    The panther woman's call rings out over the land, and Simeon answers. His gut tells him what this will be about, though he holds his conclusions until he comes to join the small group gathered before her. The bay roan steps in on the other side of Stillwater, filling in the empty spaces of the semi-circle. Mismatched gaze skims over them, recognizing all but the speckled white mare. He looks up to Naga as she states her reason for the calling of this gathering, confirming his suspicions. As she concludes and steps down, making way for Nayl, Sim's eyes seek hers out, conveying his empathy for her and hopefully sending some positive vibes. He wants to console her, but as she settles in with the gathered few, this pale mare is there to do it for him.

But then, this mare whose name Simeon hadn't heard, opened her mouth in what sounded like protective outrage, which he supposes is to show her support of the former queen. He understands where she's coming from, however misplaced her derision is directed. Just a little too late, and altogether misguided. Naga was a great person, but unfortunately hadn't been able to prove herself as queen in the silent months that had followed and with the dwindling of Nerine's numbers. Hell, for a kingdom supposed to be dominantly female, they stand here today pretty  equally rationed. The roan stallion is at a loss for words, but it doesn't matter as the silence is filled with both Stillwater and Djinni's voices.

Simeon shakes his broad head, moving to place his body between the inky black stallion and Djinni (whom he doesn't remember being mouse-colored, as she'd been shades of pink when last they'd met- interesting, that). "Now, now, mi amicos. I'm sure we can all be civil here." He keeps his tones smooth and even, seeking to diffuse the tension. "Signora, it is good of you to stand for Naga, but perhaps you should hear Nayl out before casting judgement that she is unworthy, no?" It is a gentle suggestion directed at the unknown mare. He looks to Djinni next, nodding to her with a friendly expression. "Pardon my friend, but you can't completely blame him for defending our new queen after such rudeness. I am sure he means no disrespect." He spares an apologetic glance at Naga before he turns to stare at Stillwater, shooting him a pointed look as if to say "don't you ruin this for us". He certainly doesn't wish to be cast out, and he knows the peculiar wet stallion doesn't either. With a light sigh, Simeon turns back to Nayl, nodding to her. "I, for one, am here and ready to hear the answers to the queries that have been laid out by these fine ladies." No ass kissing, it is all out of respect from him, attempting to keep the focus on the change of leadership and its runnings, and hopefully (if he was to be successful) tension-free.
    as the grasses grow, so will I go…
    as far as the skies will take me nothing can break me…
    as the winds blow

Messages In This Thread
    NAYL, ANY, ALL - by Naga - 11-27-2016, 06:54 PM
    RE: NAYL, ANY, ALL - by Nayl - 11-27-2016, 09:03 PM
    RE: NAYL, ANY, ALL - by Celeana - 11-27-2016, 10:30 PM
    RE: NAYL, ANY, ALL - by Stillwater - 11-28-2016, 01:14 AM
    RE: NAYL, ANY, ALL - by Djinni - 11-28-2016, 02:52 PM
    RE: NAYL, ANY, ALL - by Simeon - 11-29-2016, 02:50 AM
    RE: NAYL, ANY, ALL - by Bowie - 11-29-2016, 08:43 AM
    RE: NAYL, ANY, ALL - by Nayl - 11-29-2016, 08:11 PM
    RE: NAYL, ANY, ALL - by Naga - 11-29-2016, 11:35 PM
    RE: NAYL, ANY, ALL - by Sunday - 12-02-2016, 07:25 AM