• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Lagertha, any
    Keifer walked along the shoreline, her tail waving in the wind. She had longed to see some of the sisterhood she joined seasons ago. Her fondest memory was of Maus, the mare that invited her so warmly. She remembered Lagertha and Adalyn.

Now, she was wondering who had survived the Reckoning. Had Lagertha made it? What about the others? What elements of the sisterhood had survived and what hadn't? Would anyone recognize her?

As she neared what appeared to be the border, she stopped. Had that one call only the sisterhood survived all this time?

She hoped it had, and made the call. It sounded similar to the many macaws that flew in the jungle. Though she hadn't ever mastered it, she had gotten close.

"Now's time to wait. she murmered to herself.
    Standing at the edge of the cliff, Djinni stares off over the water. It's been a full year since they had first settled in Nerine, and so much has changed. Their leading trifecta had vanished as quickly as seafoam on the shore, leaving only Nayl, Djinni, and the shadowy stallions to keep the coast alive. They'd done it - with Nayl taking the brunt of responsibility as well as the empty throne - and now life on the sea is beginning to settle into a comfortable rhythm.

Strangers are now coming to their borders, and it is them that Djinni is watching for (when she is not watching the sea.) Her own occasional soft echolocating whistles toward the land behind her finally return something new, and the pied mare turns to see an unfamiliar bay mare in the distance.

She pauses for a moment to shake the stillness from her skin, and then the smokey grullo tobiano approaches the newcomer. "Hello," she says with a smile when she is close enough to converse comfortably, "Welcome to Nerine. I'm Djinni." She doesn't say more, but the casual way she has placed herself between the overonmare and the rest of the realm makes it clear that she expects some sort of explanation as to what brings her here.
    D J I N N I
    genie | rose gold tobiano dun | trickster
    Keifer smiled warmly as Djini approaches. She had sceen her around beqanna, but not officially met her. She let worry slightly show on her brow as she noted the stance the grullo had about her.
    "My name is Keifer, I was one of the sisterhood." she said, briefly explaining. "I had lived in the jungle previous to the reckoning."

She still smiled, though it faultered. The wind picked up in the south, warning of a possible storm. She pawed the sand nervously as she awaited her answer.
    The worry that flits across the stranger's face is not entirely;y unwelcome or unexpected.

The Nerinian coast is no unguarded haven easily topple; it is best that the the new Beqanna learn this.

Djinni does not look like a warrior, but there is only confidence in the positioning of her slim physique and the steady way she waits for an answer from the graying mare.

"Keifer," She repeats, "A pleasure, I'm sure." She is nothing if not polite, and the answer she has received is a perfectly acceptable one. "Are you here to rejoin the Sisterhood?" She asks curiously.
    D J I N N I
    genie | rose gold tobiano dun | trickster