• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i've got some damn bad intentions - jay's wing
    djinni

The crash of waves along the beach are dimmed in an instant ,replaced by the quiet birdsong and friendly chatter of the Meadow. Djinni blinks away the sudden shift in location easily, shaking her head.

She’d abandoned natural color entirely today, though the placement of her patterns mimic those of a typical medicine hat tovero. The color is striking: indigo-to-violet ombre against the white paint markings. Tucked against her back are the violet wings of a dragon, tipped in gold, and she wears a pair of elegant golden dama gazelle horns on her head.

She lowers her head to the frozen ground for a moment, and then steps out of the shadowy woods and into the Meadow. She’s not looking for anyone in particular, and so she stops beside the first horse she sees, which is @[Jay's Wing] “Hello.” She says, her voice surprisingly rough for such a small figure. “I’m Djinni.”

current appearance:
    natural build – slim
    indigo-to-violet ombre and white tovero
    violet dragon wings
    golden dama gazelle horns

@[Hamster]
    D J I N N I
    genie | rose gold tobiano dun | trickster
    Jay's Wing
    I will wait for you forever
    Jay's Wing dozes lightly in the meadow, her weight shifted so she can daze in the noon day sun. Her pelt was fuzzy, due to the fact her winter coat had fully come in. Her sky colored orbes disapeared shortly, before being awoken from their slumber. A strange looking mare had approached her. Infact, she wasn't too sure if it was equine or even just her foggy imagination.

The mare greeded the child. She sounded OK. Jay's Wing blinked before answering. "I'm Jay's Wing. Jay, for short. What brings you this way, @[Djinni] ?" The wintery breeze stirred up snow drifts, the result making the child have a light dusting on her back.

The meadow seemed unuseually empty, a few others to the right. But otherwise, not much was happening.
    HTML by Call

(ooc: This is junk. (-_-) I know super short too.)
    djinni

She doesn’t have to bend her had too far to see eye-to-eye with the child. It’s not often she gets to converse with someone smaller than she is. Though Djinni has rarely interacts with children (at least, not since she was a child herself), she finds that it is often best to treat them simply as if they are small adults.

“I like the meadow,” she replies honestly to Jay’s question, “there’s always something happening here.”

The things are not always pleasant, but at least they are constant. They seem to be quiet today, and after a brief glance at the crisp white hills, she looks back at the foal.

“So, Jay’s Wing. That’s an interesting name for someone without wings.” She says it gently, not meaning to prod at a possible sore spot, but rather just for something to talk about. “Or did you lose them in the Reckoning?” The foal looks small, too young to have been alive when the world changed; then again, Djinni has no experience with guessing the age of children.

current appearance:
    natural build – slim
    violet dragon wings
    D J I N N I
    Jay's Wing
    The yearling rolled her shoulders, where she had imagined many a time were wings. "No, I've never had wings. But parents can be strange and give you a name that doesn't fit."

Jay smiled. Her mind wandering thinking on why Shira and Dungaree would ever decide to name her that. Then she just comes back to the now.

"It just seems strange, to me. That's why I go by Jay." her back was dusted in snow, her mane had a few flecks of it. Then she waited.
    HTML by Call
    djinni

Her eyes flick to the filly’s shoulders and then back to her face, nodding in agreement. Naming a child has always seemed a monumental task, one that Djinni is grateful she has never had to face. Her own name had not been chosen, but rather traded. Perhaps she knows more about it than she lets on.

“Jay is good too,” she replies.

“And what brings you to the meadow?” Asks the grullo mare, turning the filly’s question back around. Does she live here, or is she simply wandering? Perhaps she’s here looking for something, and perchance Djinni might be of assistance.

current appearance:
    natural build – slim
    violet dragon wings
    D J I N N I
    Jay's Wing
    Jay tilted her head, wondering the same thing. Why had she come to the meadow? "Well, I heard there's horses with magic. Ones that can do pretty much anything. I was trying to find one so they could help me with my name. I would do anything for wings! Just somthing so I don't have to feel strange."

She searched. What else would be polite to say? "I like your coat, it's very pretty."
    HTML by Call
    djinni

Djinni has long since given her happenstance meetings to Fate; there is no other way to account for them. She stumbles upon those in need far more often than she finds those warm with content.

It seems that this meeting so no different; the silver black filly admits to looking for a magician.

She rather prefers the term mage, much to her djinn’s amusement. Nayl had been wiser than perhaps she’d intended in titling the pied mare so.

“You should be careful who you say such things to,” Djinni says with a quirk of a smile on her indigo face. There are those who would take Jay up on her offer: she would do anything. The genie tilts her head a bit to the side, surveying the young horse with a gaze far more scrutinizing than when she had first stumbled across her. She seems to find something satisfying, or at least as much is suggested by her response.

“I could give you wings.” She says, “even ones that match your name.” Djinni pauses, her golden eyes wide as she takes in the filly’s response. She does so like to see their reactions, and equally anticipates the cautious hesitation that often comes afterward.

current appearance:
    natural build – slim
    violet dragon wings
    D J I N N I