• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  all of my devils are free at last; any

all of my devils are free at last
    all my secrets revealed

One minute, Time is before her - the next, she is in the midst of the forest. For a moment, she simply blinks, attempting to comprehend her surroundings. When she realizes she is back in the forest, back in the very place (the very time) she had been taken from, she releases a breath she feels as though she has been holding for ages.

Birds continue on from their frozen flight and leaves flutter to the ground, the feeling of time continuing unaffected far too surreal given the events of the past few days (weeks? Hours? Seconds? So hard to tell). That so much could have happened, yet nothing in the world had changed seems too odd to be real.

But perhaps odd is subjective. This is Beqanna after all. She is a mare colored purple and gray surrounded by those gifted with the fantastical. Perhaps saving Time’s beloved is but a small feat in this land of eternal strangeness.

Taking another deep breath, she closes her eyes briefly as she basks in the warmth of the sun. For some reason, the light of that brilliant orb feels different. Feels somehow… familiar.

She soaks it in, a slow smile curving her red-tinged lips. With her eyes closed and head tilted up towards the call of that warm light, she does not realize that she has begun to glow. A glow that radiates from her with the very essence of the sun.

divide

ORION'S BELT
    He had been wandering the shadows of the forest for quite some time.  Movements slow and without purpose.  Almost depressed like.  Needing to free himself from the seemingly endless black hole of the lands.  His orbs scanned the terrain for light. Anything would do.  A break in the thick canopy, an opening to a meadow,  anything would do.  His search came up empty so he halted, head hung low in defeat.  Tassels blanketed his masculine profile.  A snort of frustration at his situation...

Suddenly an aura beamed within the shadows.  Radianting almost.  It sparked hope within his soul, and a need to seek out its source.  Lobes perked in interest as he stepped forth.  Orbs locked into his destination almost trans like.  As he neared he compared the light to that of the stars.  Glowing a bright white among the dark curtain in which it hung.  A guiding light to some, hope for others.  He missed his home within the stars and galaxies.  The thought pulled a smile from his lips.  Home...

To his surprise aother of his kind stood before him.  The same but different.  Her bodice glowed in a brilliant array of lights.  He would have questioned it's reality if he hadn't been mesmerized by her.  His muzzle extended towards this Angel before him.  Do not touch an Angel! The thought snapped his muzzle back to his chest.  Was she real?  Was this a dream? He questioned everything in that moment.  His gaze shifting focus from the light to the equine it radiated from.  He spoke softly,

M'dear ye are but an Angel in a world full of darkness. A dream amongst nightmares, thee Moon which outshines the brightest of stars.  My name is Orion.  What do thee stars call ye?  His crown dip respectfully as gaze lowered.  His actions and tongue aged him.  He was immortal afterall...
    Wish Upon A Star
    HTML by Call

OOC: Just throwing this out there.  Seemed fitting Smile

all my secrets revealed

For her entire life, she had been a wanderer. Small feet carrying her through far-reaching fields and close, sheltered glens. Her life had been a blur of days, of sunrises and birdsong, of sunsets and stormclouds. Until Time had found her, snatching her from her cozy little world and placing her on a perilous path.

Somehow, she had arrived victorious. Somehow, she had braved terrors and defeated monsters. The small girl of purple-red and gray, with no particular abilities or special skills, had faced fear, had faced death, and won.

She hasn’t yet realized she has returned to this world changed. Different in a wholly fundamental way that would no doubt affect the entirety of her future. But she soon would, and oh what a glory it would be. For now though, she is a simple girl basking in one of life’s simple joys. Her bones are weary, and though skin has been knitted and healed, she can still feel the phantom pain of bruised and torn flesh. But she is happy. Truly, remarkably happy.

She could finally say that she has accomplished something. That her life has given meaning to another.

When a newcomer speaks beside her, she starts rather violently, delicately formed head whipping around, small frame shying sideways, and gray eyes widening in alarm. The light abruptly dissipates, scattering into the ether as though it had never been.

Breathing out a laugh, she shakes her head as her eyes catch on the dipped head of pale stallion. One whose words are mild and quaintly spoken. Not to mention quite flattering.

She is not used to being flattered.

She offers him a bit of a wry smile, her puce form relaxing as the realization sinks in that no threat is imminent. ”Oh no,” she responds, a faint note of humor evident in her voice. ”I am none of those things, I promise you.”

She smiles then, a true, deep smile filled with natural warmth. ”I’m Divide. It’s nice to meet you Orion.”

divide

ORION'S BELT
    He stood contently in her presence.  It was as warm as the light that had surrounded her.  Lost in her thoughts she startled slightly upon noticing his large frame.  He wasn't easily unseen but beside her he faded to her glow.  The light vanished abruptly as her features twisted into contemplation.  He held his position.  As quickly as her features had twisted into confusion they unraveled and softened.  He was no threat and his demeanor made that obvious...

She spoke with a hint of bashful laughter.  Her voice carried out like a choir of the Angels he was sure she belonged.  Then the light radiated from herself again.  This time not a physical light but something much deeper.  He smiled genuinely as she spoke her name.  Divide... Surely she walked the line that divided the heavens and earth.

'Tis a pleasure to meet thee Divide.  I shall hope I did not disturb thee much Miss.  I beg thee pardon if I had.  His crown dipped once more in apology as he spoke gently.  
    Wish Upon A Star
    HTML by Call

all my secrets revealed

Her bright smile broadens as she turns the full weight of her attention onto her newest acquaintance. She ducks her head a bit beneath his compliments, gray eyes drifting downwards a bit bashfully until she forces them back up to meet his. His words are soft and smoothly spoken, apologies freely offered for any fright he might have given her.

Shaking her head a bit, she laughs wryly before demuring, ”Oh no. You did not disturb me at all. I was just a bit… well, distracted.”

Shifting, she glances at the trees around her. They are redolent with scent, busy with birds that fly to and fro and the occasional flicker of a small woodland creature scurrying through the brush. As far as she can tell, there is no one else nearby. They are quite alone.

Which is good, because she is not entirely certain she should be sharing stories of her recent escapades. But Orion is so friendly and sweet. She feels she could quite comfortably share her secrets with him (though she has few).

”You see,” she continues, glancing furtively around once more before her gaze jumps back to the gray stallion. ”I just came from… somewhere else.” Her gaze turns a bit distant as she tries to figure out a good way to explain where she had been. Abruptly, she shakes her head once more and lets out another soft laugh. ”You know, I’m not entirely sure I can explain where I was. Far, far away, I suspect.”

She smiles then, gaze turning once again slightly bashful. ”I apologize for going on so,” she goes on, a bit deprecatingly this time. ”I’m just bursting I suppose. Can’t seem to keep it to myself.”

divide

ORION'S BELT
    When her gaze drifted about their surrounding, shying his, his did not follow.  There was no need.  His lobes flickered at the movements of the Forest but his gaze never strayed from the rosey hued beauty before him.  Her vail of stone gently fell upon the curves of her profile.  His own, having brightened over his many years of immortality, had been that dark once.  He spoke gently to calm any fears,

Do not fret M'Dear.  Yee are protected 'ere.  He looked to her with sincerity.  Gentle smile christened his profile.  She began to speak in whispers.  Secrets directed for his ears only.  Lobes flicked to caught the soft tones as she danced the subject about.  Not completely sure she should trust her lives details to a stranger.  He was curious of what she spoke of... A place far far away.  Perhaps it was similar to his own lands.  Tucked away within the nights sky.  He simply smiled as she shared what she would with him.  Her company was all that he asked of her.  Anything else was a bonus. His soft blue gaze held hers as she once again shied away,

I 'twould love to hear more... If yee wish to share.  Whisper of his own drifted between them.  He shifted slightly as if settling to hear more.  
    Wish Upon A Star
    HTML by Call

all my secrets revealed

She has never truly had friends before. Never had someone to share her secrets with. She had wandered too much for such luxuries. It is a novel experience, but one she finds she enjoys immensely. She could quite easily get used to this.

Her smile softens and warms as her eyes once again rise to meet Orion’s. The deep gray hue is bright with excitement, with shared conspiracy, with the delight of a newfound friend. She inches a bit closer, a quiet almost-giggle escaping her lips. The sound surprises her. Such a girlish thing, that laughter, and it causes another, more robust chuckle to escape.

”Oh, goodness,” she adds hastily, realizing belatedly how her laughter must sound. ”Please don’t think me loony. I swear I’m not. It’s just that… I haven’t laughed in so long.” She pauses then, features turning reflective, bright gaze distant and tone musing. ”It feels nice.”

Orion’s kindness brings her inching a bit closer however, head ducked and smile conspiratorial. She could talk all day, especially to a listening ear. One of her many faults (and one of the many ways in which she is less than an angel). ”Well, it sounds absolutely preposterous when put into words, I’m sure,” she continues, voice soft but echoing with excitement. ”But I was sent to rescue someone! A woman, actually. She was very kind, and good. She was… a, well… I’m not really sure. Something of a timekeeper I suppose?”

Her gaze turns wistful then, losing focus as a soft, pensive sigh escapes her lips. ”It was quite sad actually. A love story gone wrong.”

divide

ORION'S BELT
    She had a way about her.  A gentle kindness not found in many these days.  The way her smile lifted you up.  A girlish giggle that was contagious to any who had the pleasure of hearing it.  Standing before her mesmerized by the light that shined within, he breathed her in.  It was refreshing to say the least.  

As she continued with her scattered thoughts and apologies for them he simply smiled.  Light blue gaze following her subtle movements.  He couldn't help but want to know her.  Where she grew up... Called home... Favorite flower... The smallest of details not spared. But he listened fore she had a story to tell and he loved stories.  Having eternal life all you have are stories... Eventually.  Her brightness soon faded as her thoughts turned to saddness.  His smile dimmed also seeing the sorrow in her eyes.  He wondered where she had been and what exactly she had gone thru and he'd listen all day if it brought that smile back.  Her happiness back.  His head ducked as he retrieved her gaze that had fallen.  

Thy best love stories are those which faulter then rise again.  His words were soft and hopeful.  Love 'twill conquer all, Divide. His smile once again painted upon his profile.  He believed his words to be true and hoped she would as well. 
    Wish Upon A Star
    HTML by Call

all my secrets revealed

He is good to listen to her babble on so. And she can certainly babble. It’s not something she has truly had much cause to note before as she had been so often alone. But the way the words simply wish to spill from her lips is rather astounding. To her at least, if to no one else.

And he is so very good at it. Listening that is. All encouragement and responsiveness. She might wonder if she speaks only utter nonsense were it not so. Indeed, it sounds rather nonsensical to her, but she is not one to complain if her will listen so freely.

Her lips quirk a bit as his head ducks, blue gaze meeting gray as she lifts her own eyes. It is not in her nature to remain melancholy for long, so his words easily serve to lift her spirits. ”Oh, you are too kind Orion.” And though her gaze remains a bit wistfully distant, the sadness eases from her features.

”In this case though, I am not entirely sure it will. It is good to have hope though,” she continues, a soft, breathy sigh escaping purple lips as her gaze shifts to stare off into the distance of the dark forest. ”She is trapped at the end of time, you see. A place her love cannot go and a place she cannot leave.”

Her gaze shifts back to his, a small, half-smile tilting her lips. ”I offered to stay for her, but I do not believe I was equipped for such a task. I wish I had been though. Much better me, a nobody, be trapped there than such a lovely creature with such abiding love.”

divide

Oh jeez, I'm so sorry for the wait! I totally didn't even realize a response was here waiting for me :/
    ORION'S BELT
    Forgotten were the moments of depression he had from wandering the darkness of the Forest... Lost and alone.  He had been a wanderer here but had a kingdom in a distant land.  A kingdom he had served well for many years.  Too many years.  It had consumed him.  The search for power, greatness... He had failed in many ways though.  He had pushed his children to abandon him.  His lovers did not truly love him.  There was one though, but that was a long long time ago, that was his true love.  To be stuck at the end of time where your love could not reach you wasn't unfathomable to him....

Her words flowed freely as she spoke of her journey. About time and love.  What was time anyhow?  Was it truly minutes and hours, days and years... Or was it moments and memories?  I suppose it was different for everyone.  Being immortal time was nothing really.  Immortality... It was a curse.  Everyone you ever got close to died, eventually.  Then you were left to pick up the pieces and move on.  Alone once again. 

His thoughts had wandered a bit but upon hearing her say she was a nobody shook him awake.  Her gaze catching his once more from where it had drifted to the darkness.  He allowed her to finish then quickly spoke, "M'Dear sweet Divide, ye are far from a nobody.  I have known many in my lifetime but very few hold thy light ye hold within ye's soul.  Ye are kind, sweet, compassionate... An Angel.  She 'twas lucky to have known thee.  Fore even a moment in time." Gaze held hers for a moment then shifted slightly.  He knew he shouldn't get so close, so involved.  Heart pounding within his chest made him feel...alive.  If that was even probable for an immortal.  His conflicted emotions were surfacing upon his large profile.  Something drew him to her even though he knew he should turn and walk away.  Eventually she would be gone and him alone once more...
    Wish Upon A Star
    HTML by Call

OOC: No problem Smile