• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

My heart saw the things my eyes couldn't see; Lynx, any
    My heart saw the things that my eyes couldn't see

It's difficult to be intimidated by someone who is smaller than one is, especially when that particular someone is just as young and fluffy and adorable in her own right. Even if she is rather grumpy. Besides, this is Fox we are speaking of. He doesn't have the good sense to be intimidated by anything.

And definitely not when he is so vastly entertained as he is. The huff of indignation causes the little red colt a fit of giggles, which is swiftly followed by peals of bright laughter at her horribly offended words. His whole body quivers with mirth, head dropped low and fluffy tail bouncing madly.

When finally the humor subsides and he is able to meet her gaze once more, his face is quite split by a wide, lingering grin. ”Oh, you so are a grump. There's no denying it.” He can't help the teasing tone that lightens his voice as he responds jovially.

Her demand however, brings him up short. He tips his head, studying her closely as he tries to determine the exact effect he is having on her.

Of course he had noticed the effect he has in those around him, though it is not a conscious thing (not yet, at least). His father had once explained to him that he carries the magic of Christmas within him, a fact that allows him control of snow and ice (a gift which he thoroughly enjoys), among other things. Perhaps this too is a part of it. He knows the story after all, of the joy and cheer that Christmas is supposed to spread.

Suddenly he grins again, head tipping up slightly in a rather jaunty manner. ”Oh, pish,” he scoffs. ”You like it or you wouldn't still be here.”

Whatever one might say about Fox, it could never be said that he lacks confidence.

He continues, not waiting for a response, ”Have you heard of Christmas? I suppose it has something to do with that.”

Fox

Messages In This Thread
    RE: My heart saw the things my eyes couldn't see; Lynx, any - by Fox - 02-07-2017, 03:10 PM