• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

this is all of me for all the world to see; leliana
    Atrani
    Anger. Heartbreak. Sorrow. Frustration.

It’s all there. She doesn’t need to be an empath to feel it, to taste their emotions. For one so young, her intuition is strengthening every day. There is no need for her eyes to see how their group is so quickly crumbling.

Magnus’ heartbeat is nearly pounding against her, hammering into her shoulder and overwhelming her own increasing pulse.
    Leliana is being crushed under the weight of her choices and her devotion.
    Father is bursting at the seams, confused, torn, broken.

And then there is Atrani.

She is lost. She is confused. She is quiet.

Magnus is warm against her side and his skin is a soft reassurance when Leliana speaks to her. The apology falls on deaf ears because Atrani is tilting her head away from the group. Her mind reels. She wants to hate Leliana for destroying her family, but she also wants to hate father because this is all also his fault.

But somehow, she can’t.

Happiness doesn’t last, she knows, but she has a large enough heart not to purposely destroy jollity. So, she hears father whimper her name and hears Magnus ask her what she wants to do. An answer doesn’t come at first. She blindly searches the landscape to her right. There is still the titanic volcano towering above them all, watching them bicker and mourn and scold. She can almost sense it breathing down her neck with its acrid smoke, waiting for her to respond.

What do you want to do?

The question echoes inside of her. She doesn’t know. It’s a losing game either way.

When her heart turns back to father’s direction – his voice, too, echoes through her – she sighs. A slow, groping step is taken in his direction, but her hip still remains pressed to Magnus to feed off his strength. ”Father,” she whispers as her ears swivel desperately to hear their ragged breaths, ”you want her. You’re happy with her.” Happier with her than me, she doesn’t add. ”So be with her and be happy.” She chokes on her emotions. Her heart patters against her chest uncomfortably. This is so hard. Nothing of this is easy. ”She is who you sought comfort with. So keep her.” She can be your toy, she can try to be mother’s replacement.

Atrani bristles for a fleeting moment but simmers down quickly. She places herself neutrally among them now, her own individual identity. A child among adults.

”Tell me,” she breathes with mustered strength, ”why would mother say Tephra to me, and nothing else?” What does that mean? What did she want for her eyeless child? What can Tephra possibly give her?

dove into her eyes and starved all the fears
    picture by haenuli shin- HTML by Call - words: ________

[Image: callwolf_zpsasro4cel.png]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: this is all of me for all the world to see; leliana - by Atrani - 02-13-2017, 11:16 PM