• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

My heart saw the things my eyes couldn't see; Jinju
    Jinju
    She had always preferred the forest over the meadow. Or not always, it had only been like that after she had been pulled from the Jungle. But honestly, she didn’t remember much of the life she had before that. Jinju knew that Lexa of the Jungle wasn’t her real mother, yet she doesn’t remember anything else but that. Like that she doesn’t remember the Reckoning all that well, except for the fire that had raged behind her when she had fled the mountain. Ever since, well, she had learned to prefer the shelter the forest offered to her. The forest, Jungle or Taiga, to Jinju it didn’t matter.

After all, it was not like she needed the Jungle’s heath to keep herself warm. And the Taiga was the complete opposite of her former home, but the vegetation and trees still made her feel at home. The meadow, however, was like an empty void to her. Whenever she ventured the meadow, she always stuck close to the treeline, ready to dash back into the safeness that would bring her home. Today is different. Not only does the black girl, as she had yet to become a woman, feel more confident with the summer’s heath all around her, there is something that had caught her eyes.

Slowly she edges closer, her ruby gaze upon the red child that seemed too  focussed to notice her approach. She kept silence, as to not break his focus, just watching him work his magic a little away from him. ”Just what I needed” she speaks up with a playful grin once he relaxes. The ice melts right in front of their eyes but it doesn’t stop Jinju from inching closer, her head dipping towards the water which is fresh and cool. ”A perfectly cooled drink.”

Messages In This Thread
    RE: My heart saw the things my eyes couldn't see; Jinju - by Jinju - 02-13-2017, 02:31 PM