• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  And I will put enmity between you {Any}

show them the joy and the pain and the ending

If she is confident, it is only because she has right to be. The world is not kind to anyone, not even Heartfire. But still she persevered. Still she had made something of herself.

And she would not have it any other way.

She had always enjoyed his company, and though he had always been somewhat curt, he was generally speaking companionable. Today however, he seems quite irritable. She is the same as ever, bold and forthright, but he is a bit different somehow. More recalcitrant.

One brow kicks up as she keeps pace with him until he deigns to stop in a small patch of sunlight. Her blue eyes, if anything, betray even more curiosity than before. His curt reply takes her back a bit, though it only serves to cause one corner of her mouth to quirk up in mild amusement.

She most certainly does not stink, whatever he might claim. Of this she is quite sure, but she does not call him out on it. Instead she responds, in a surprisingly mild tone, ”And you're an ass. But that's neither here nor there, is it?”

She falls silent then, studying his green frame as though she might discern the reasons for his recalcitrance by sight alone. Perhaps she could, were she to search deep enough. Still, she cannot read minds.

”You're in fine form today,” she continues, eyes narrowing the slightest bit as she fixes her gaze upon his own. ”Whoever said I wanted anything? Perhaps I came just for the pleasure of your company.”

heartfire

i filled up my senses with thoughts from the ghosts

picture c Petrova Julia.N

Messages In This Thread
    And I will put enmity between you {Any} - by Wyrm - 02-09-2017, 02:49 PM
    RE: And I will put enmity between you {Any} - by Heartfire - 02-10-2017, 02:18 AM