• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  And I will put enmity between you {Any}

show them the joy and the pain and the ending

For all of her insight, she is really quite blind in one respect. It has never occurred to her that another might have a tendre for her, much less Wyrm. She has never considered herself particularly attractive or alluring. She is not ugly by any means, but her demeanor has always been quite effective in keeping potential lovers at bay.

Once upon a time, it might have had a purpose. Once upon a time, she had been in love with another, a dream. But as she had grown and aged, as those memories had faded, so had the memory of that love. And the recognition that past should remain buried there had set in. But by then it had been too late to change what had become her essential nature.

However much she might desire the close bond of what she had once felt, she did not dare express those feelings to anyone, much less to the green stallion before her. He is no kinder than she.

And so she remains true to her nature, true to everything she had become in the intervening years. Burying yearnings deep, refusing to acknowledge them, oblivious to the fallacy of this approach.

Were he to give her even the slightest inkling however, he might find her surprisingly receptive.

But she continues as she always has, because, as we already know, she cannot read minds even if she can see the past - secrets few others are privy to.

”Very convenient,” she responds softly, blue gaze considering him closely. He still had not given her reasons for his recalcitrance however. And she is not content with such a lack of knowledge. She sighs, glancing to the trees briefly before her gaze seeks out his. ”Do not make me pry, Wyrm.” And she would, without a qualm. ”Unless you are irked that I have not sought you out earlier, I can think of nothing I have done to offend you so.”

She pauses then, moving to close the gap he had created between, closer even. He seemed uncomfortable in her presence, but rather than give him space, she invaded it, pressing until she is nearly touching him. Testing. ”Besides, if you were intending to seek me out, clearly you cannot be too offended.”

heartfire

i filled up my senses with thoughts from the ghosts

picture c Petrova Julia.N

Messages In This Thread
    And I will put enmity between you {Any} - by Wyrm - 02-09-2017, 02:49 PM
    RE: And I will put enmity between you {Any} - by Heartfire - 02-19-2017, 02:08 PM