• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I'm in the details with the devil [team purplehiney]
    Kirin
    that girl is a real crowd pleaser
    Their presence warms him, if that can be said of Kirin, it is uncertain that anything gives him such feelings. Most certainly not in the normal, every day context of the emotion. He is quite unfeeling, unless these feelings apply to himself, and in that case he feels it all- and he likes it. But the Covelings, well, he does care for them believe it or not. Less than himself of course but more so than other things.

They slowly trickle out, like streams of water converging together to flow into the sea. It is the first such droplet of moisture that interests him, a sleek golden coat adorned with a dark pair of wings. Kirin can not miss how attractive the male is, the way he carries himself, something pulls him to this one but he quietly observes.

There is a first time for everything.

It is a slow flow, a clogged pipe and finally another saunters forth, a woman and her babe. It clings closely or she ushers it to do so, either way he smiles a most smug smile. It is amusing to Kirin, as most things are, he can not help but to be a pompous stallion, lording over others- he knew no other way. Potion’s response is without question accurate, the girl (woman now) tells the story true and she does so in a very unbiased manner. She was one to be neutral, she knew not the evils she did, too carefully groomed from a filly to know the difference.

The last speaker is the most volatile, tension clinging to every muscle. Kirin only glares back, unperturbed by the verbal lashing, ever watchful. Thus when the eruption of fire makes a barrier, he is quick to pace back, stepping away from the heat of the flames. He can still see them though, as the flames dance and flicker, can still be heard over their crackle.

“Kirin, and I agree to disagree,” he husks, sending his voice dripping sap through the wall. “She’s right though,” It is to the buckskin he speaks now, cementing Misra’s words, ensuing offer in his own voice. He imagines the man tastes of salt and sweat, picturing the practice in his mind prickles his skin. “You are most welcome to stay, you should in fact. Stay, have peace with me, for your family. You’re families,” If he were a man his hands would have risen to his chest, palms up and fingers splayed, he spoke to them all in the end.

So long as he was Royalty, he cared little for who sheltered within his domain. Some might be useful, others might be entertaining.
    small world all her friends know me
    HTML by Call
    Tensions were escalating the longer Arestor watched his father assert himself as the new ruler of the land. The land's current rulers and their followers didn't seem too keen on giving it up. Arestor didn't blame them, it was the appropriate response to those who potentially threatened their way of life. The greying stallion was sure that his father only wanted the title of being the ruler of the land they stood on with none of the responsibility that came with it. Well... fifty percent sure. Arestor didn't really understand his father, or his mother for that matter, most of the time but he did as much as he could to do his family proud growing up.

Arestor stayed behind the group, preparing himself mentally for what was about to happen. Or at least what could happen. He hoped it wouldn't come to that. When they came to the shores, it was the grullo dun that had really caught his attention. He lifted his head, trying to get a good look of her. She was different, a new sight to see above all the feathers and horns that had surrounded him all his life. Just because she didn't bear any wings or horns it didn't mean she was plain. The fury that exuded from her was just that more enticing.

"We bring the promise of eternal peace." Arestor piped up, looking more at the grullo mare than anyone else. "If we truly wanted to cause violence we would have attacked by now." he added, his voice calm and as soothing as he could make it. "But we will defend ourselves if need be, you should hear us out first at the very least." Arestor said as he turned towards the draconian equine. His voice had turned curt when he faced the stallion. The situation was very tense indeed but it didn't need to go down the path it was currently headed. "Think about it, since when did invaders come bearing gifts and peace? Maybe we're not invaders at all, at least listen to us first before you judge us." Arestor didn't mean to over step his bounds, but the less violence the less lives that were to be lost and the more subjects his family could rule over. It made sense, at least in Arestor's mind.

OOC;

My vote doesn't count but I saw team purple hiney and wanted to join with Kirin's son <3
    dovev

It was the dragon's roar that called him. It thundered across the entire island and probably far beyond. The warning, the rage, the hunger in it spiked his pulse and sharpened his eyes, jerked his head from what he was doing and called him forth at his quickest speed. There was trouble. For a split second, he wondered if the prince had gone feral on the residents. But there was an edge to that wild threat, a wrath barely contained, and that was enough to tell him this was something far more displeasing.

Raging flames licked the ground, drawing a violent line before the company of Ischia. Ashley was there already, and he looked pissed; as formidable as he always did in face of a threat. The vise on his heart eased at the sight of his powerful mentor, and noting the dragon's defensive position on the one end, he slid behind and beside Ashley at the other end. He kept close enough to Ea and her child; he was trained for protection after all, and she was the Queen. And the child an innocent. He didn't think it would be needed though, not with Ashley here. He was the most powerful magician, a force to be reckoned with, and there was no way in hell he'd be letting anything happen to their home. Not where his own women lived, his own children were born. Not where Wallace was, whom he swore to protect. Not where he had Dovev at his side.

So a small smirk twisted his dark lips. Finally, he'd see what his master could really do. What the dragon could do. He rolled his shoulders in anticipation of joining them, blood already spilling from his growing armor plates. Ready for more of it to spill. This is what Ashley had trained him for. Protect what he loved, and he loved this damn island.

When the smoke cleared, his eyes landed on the lavender man instantly, the same shade as the children. Already, he tensed. If this was the man who'd hurt Wallace, then why the hell was he still breathing? They'd been charged with his death, so why did he yet stand? He glanced to the mage, waiting for his bolt of lightning to rain down on them, but it never came.

"You are most welcome to stay, you should in fact. Stay, have peace with me, for your family. You're families."

"Think about it, since when did invaders come bearing gifts and peace? Maybe we're not invaders at all, at least listen to us first before you judge us."

Disgusting. To think a raid of fools could waltz in like they own the place and call it peaceful? Idiots. Ischia would not fall to their petty lies and self-importance. "You don't own this land. You have barely walked upon it for the very first time, and you are so self-righteous to seek a claim to something you know nothing of? To the people you know nothing of and who know nothing of you? Your entrance is disgraceful.

You are unwelcome and you will leave now."

And he fell quiet with a hard stare on the one that thought himself a leader. Ashley always bore into him the notion of honor, a lesson that had not come so easily to him as it should have. And this, this was dishonorable. They would not let their paradise be trampled so rudely as if it were free for the taking. There were many who called this place home, and their trust rest in Ea and Ashley. Not complete strangers. They would not bow to anyone else overseeing their lives and families.

I'll take my bow, I won't make a sound
    I whisper truce as the ashes hit the ground

Callbear

Vengeling

Sidlet

To do list: 1. Wait for tonight.
    2. Try to take over the world.

Kirin had told them the plan, had told them where to be and by what time, and then he left stating he had further work do before they acted. He had guaranteed them special treatment, to be treated as family. Callbear was satisfied for now, mostly becuase Vengeling and Sidlet seemed appeased by the offer. She would address her personal concerns later once things were settled. The three waited in the forest until the time came for them to go. Vengeling was itching to go, to leave the clearing that had sheltered them for the days that passed after Kirin left. But Callbear stopped she had a different idea in mind. Sure They had agreed to help the Lavender beast, but that didn’t mean they had to jump the moment he said to, no she would show she still had a mind of her own, that he didn’t control her. ”Best not be too eager to bend to his will brothers, I feel that would only lead to a tighter grip. We will be there… but we will not be overly eager to ask how high he wants us to jump.”
                                                                ------

When they arrived a study in shades of black and gold, everyone was gathered. A mare announced herself as Ea and questioned Kirin’s purpose, but Kirin didn’t bulk away if anything he stood his ground more firmly. His confidence was immensely attractive, but that wasn’t the point. She went to stand next to her lavender leader and added herself to the ranks that filled the spaces to either side. She watched as the native residents puffed up their chests and demanded answers, it was all a show for in the end, it didn’t matter, they were all bark, no bite. The one that called herself Misra was interesting, as she set in on one of the huffy stallions, whose name she had missed.  A smirk was firmly planted now on her face, as her eyes danced with the mischief of a thousand imps. She was one that Callbear would have to befriend, later of course when discussions of such nature would be appropriate.

Others arrived but they didn’t do anything notable enough for her to take notice, but then the huffiest of the chest puffers came, he spoke in his deep booming way. Chastized them for wanting to stake their claim. But his black and white body was just that air… his words lacked any true bite and she found him amusing. Like an interesting toy, she wanted to play with. She gave kirin a look, but didn’t wait for permission, she had already made it clear she didn’t need that, and she slinked toward the puffy man. Her crisp black body swayed and her gold tail flicked which each step she locked eyes with the stallion, and let her soul reach for his. The sway of her hip and the way her eyes searched to claim his soul was mesmerizing. But she could care less if he let his male brain win out in the end or not. She didn’t dare get close enough for him to make contact but she circled him instead, eying him up and down as she arced around him.  His words were sharp, demanding, but his logic was flawed. ”No one owns these lands, and your time here is short, what is a few years to Beqanna. She will not care who resides where. I quite like it here, You are interesting… I’d like to break you down.”

She paused in her circle, and turned to Kirin, her voice taking on a mockingly pleading tone, ”Kirin, can I have him? I’ve never had a pet before, and I’d like to….play with him.” She broke into a smile wicked with her own sense of humor and she turned back to Dovev to see his reaction to her asking to keep him, surely he would find her as charming and funny as she thought she was.