• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I'm better off on my own (any)
    Arantha

If you believe it's in my soul I'd say all the words that I know

Ta ta Dearie, see you when you're older

It's the last thing she remembers about her mother, the last thing she remembers before being left behind in the care of the well meaning but distant fairies. Arantha had been left to fend for herself in the hopes she would become worthy of making her mother proud, but for now she was just a terribly lost and lonely baby girl.

Delicate legs lie curled beneath her baby soft body. Darker red fading and lightening into a near pink, with a fuzzy red mane between her ears. Her wide hazel eyes take in the adoption den with the sort of fearful curiosity that can only come with youth and childish reasoning. The cries of other lost children ring loud and shrill in her tiny ears as she attempts to understand why she had been left here. Soft grasses tickle her nose and legs as she struggles to rise on new legs, and after only three attempts she succeeds. Arantha does not cry out in fear or sorrow, does not whimper for the mother that never wanted her. Instead she takes her fate into her own hooves, to the best of her child's understanding.

She wobbles her way over to the nearest warm body, seeking the comfort of skin to skin contact and letting a warm, sunny smile fill her features.

"Hello! My name's Arantha, what's your name? I'm sorry if I'm bothering you, but I don't want to be alone anymore. So why do't we be best friends instead?"

Chestnut Roan|Filly|Arabian Hybrid

Without the knowledge to lead, so you just follow the sheep.
    Making sure your lame swag is all polished and clean.

Tannor had recieved one of the most unusual upbringings of his time. The stallions that had raised him had been possessed or cursed by the demons and with these "gifts" as they so called them had raised him with a different outlook to the world than most. They had used his anger to fuel the possession that came along with his entering their clan and with that anger had come rash decisions, choices made based off of hatred for others.

Then the changes had come and with it came a new form of the silver stallion. One where the beast had been ripped away and for the first time in his life he felt at peace. Many have always said that others aren't capable of changing, but in reality, it's only when we truly want to change ourselves that we are capable of it. Change won't truly happen unless the one that needs to change, chooses to do so themselves... You could say that's exactly what happened with our silver stallion here.

With this change came exploration of the new Beqanna. For years he stuck to the forests surrounding the mountain until finally he decides to branch out further, one of his first places he comes across being the newly shaped adoption den where the unwanted or unable to be cared for properly were left to find a more suitable parent or role model. It is possible this is where he had first been himself, though he cannot remember. He had never known exactly how he had come to be with the group of stallions, each of whom had insisted that he call them father rather than by their birth-given name.

He can remember each of their faces clearer than ever before as he stands there, staring blankly out across the fields of the den. One white, one tan, one brown, one red. Father, father, father, father. And yet even though he can remember their faces, their voices are fading quickly from his memory. With the loss of their demon came the loss of their voices as well. The only thing that pulls him from this train of thought is the sudden warmth of a small body pressed against his side and the gentle tone of a youngsters voice and for a moment he ignores it before slowly turning his shining silver head towards her.

"Arantha, huh?" For a moment he watches her before his ears flick towards her and he nods slightly in acknowledgment. "I am Tannor and you are not bothering me..." He pauses then, his heart beating slow as he listens to her words of loneliness. He know she means not to leave her alone. It can be so hard to be alone, this he knows well. For a while he muses on the thought, wondering if this was a good idea. To let the tiny creature in. But then he sighs, as he realizes he has no reason to say no. "I have been alone for a long time myself. So I guess we could be friends if you like." What would it hurt? Maybe an innocent soul could help shape the demon further into something better than before.

TANNOR

demon morphing son of a bitch
    Arantha

For most, the sudden appearance of a gangly, fuzzy child at there side would be alarming. Arantha herself was ready for the rejection to hit. Her own parents didn't want her. She was a burden, a mistake, perhaps even a grab for power that had failed when the child born had little in the way of magics to be exploited. The little roan girl had looked away from the silver stallion though still pressed closely to his side, taking advantage of the first real contact with another that she had ever had. When the rejection didn't come, she allowed hope to fill the warmth of her lovely hazel eyes. She watched Tannor carefully as he spoke, reveling in the vibrations that rumbled from his chest.

She pressed more closely to him, longing for the acceptance and love that neither mother nor father had been able to give. The little filly searches his broad silver face for any sliver of validation she can. Arantha knows with unshakeable certainty that she could give him all the love he could ever want or need if he would let her. "Will you be my family? Then both of us would never have to be alone again!"

She steps shyly away from him, ducking her head and once more anticipating rejection. Her little tail swishes in anticipation and she grinds a forehoof into a tuft of grass. "I mean, if you don't want to be all by yourself too." She looks at him and wonders for a minute what it must be like to keep the moon trapped under your skin. Sliding her gaze, now kinda nervous, over his powerful body and hoping that he likes her enough to have a toddler glued to his heels. Her eyes widen sincerely as she meets his again.

"I could be good family if you let me."

Without the knowledge to lead, so you just follow the sheep.
    Making sure your lame swag is all polished and clean.

It's funny to him, how something so small and innocent can trust so easily. If life had taught him anything it was that the world can't be trusted. For there was always a judgement, an ill word, a negative thought about each and every soul that inhabited it. No one could be truly trusted. Except for the children. Though even then, that was something to be questioned...

Could they really be trusted?

I guess you would only truly know until you spent enough time around them yourself and observed without bias. You would have to be a creature of complete and total unemotional ties. Unable to be swayed by the face of a gentle child. But like Tannor, the rest of the world wouldn't see it this way. Instead they would see purity, innocence and be grateful that for once a soul didn't see them the way the rest did.

This is why he can't turn away from her, why he can't reject her. In all reality he is much like her, or at least her train of thought. While even though it was highly unlikely on his father's end... He too was potentially a mistake, a burden, a try at a grab of power. Something that wasn't actually meant to exist; with this had come mistakes and hard choices that led to monumental repercussions and while he may not be the worst of history, he carried the weight of the world on his shoulders as though he were indeed that. The worst.

It's her look of hope that pulls him out of the newly formed trance as he looks into her eyes and for a moment he is silent. To be wanted was something he wasn't used to in the least and it, needless to say, shocks him. "Will you be my family? Then both of us would never have to be alone again!" Gently his lips press together forcing down the small smile that was threatening to appear in response to her eager words. "I will be your family, little one," his voice is quiet and tentative. "I don't think I want to be alone, at least not anymore." He sighs softly before continuing. "I am tired of being alone."

Looking up across the den he watches the small creatures dart in out of the tall grasses before rolling his shoulders and looking back at her. He watches the way she looks over his shining coat in wonder and it is then he allows the small smile to break free and trace over his lips. "I think you will do a fine job at being my family, and I promise I will do the same for you." It is huge this promise. For all the years that Tannor had been alive he had never sought to have children, had never cared to create another life and help it to grow into something. Children had never been his forte and never had he wanted them to be.

At least not until now.

"Would you like to go with me to a potential home? I'm hoping there we can have a good life. One that isn't so tormented by the negativities of the world." He knows she won't know what he means, at least not for now. But it is now that he feels the sudden urge to protect something more than himself and with it comes the need to help her live somewhere that isn't as burdened by the politics and tainted nature of the adult world. Somewhere she can be happy without the worry of constant danger as she grows. Somewhere that wasn't like the war torn home he had been born and raised into. He wants her to have somewhere where she won't grow into what he had once been.

TANNOR

Arantha

I will be your family, little one

I will be your family

Your family

She watches him carefully, fully expecting this to be a trick. For him to laugh and turn his back on her just as her mother did, but when his voice turned softer and he spoke those words she melted. With a happy squeal the little girl jumped in the air, laughing and giving tiny excited kicks of her gangly legs. Bright eyes looked up at him in awe and she rushed to press her tiny body into the warmth of his. It was as if all her dreams were coming true. Maybe there really were knights just like in the stories the fairies would tell to the foals that had trouble sleeping at night. Tannor was living proof that you could be saved and rescued by someone caring and good."I would love to have a real home with you!" Arantha didn't have a strong concept of what a good home would be, but she had absolute trust in the man who took a chance on the little red filly.

She snuggled against him making happy baby noises into his shoulder and sighing contentedly. They would be a real family. He could be her guardian, and she would give him all the love her tiny body could muster. She would be the best family anyone could ever hope for! As long as she was around he would never want for sunshine and happiness. Snuggling against him, she gazed up with pure admiration. The poor stallion probably had no idea what he had gotten himself into.

"I promise you will never have to be alone again."

Now I gotta make a decision and I don't really know which option to choose. I'm a big wreck, did you not get the news?
    Can't go to sleep unless I leave the lights on.
    You don't know how many fuckin' demons I know.

He's never had this. He's never shared a moment with another creature where he made happy and not just simply happy, but genuinely so. It's all so very new to him. It's almost as though someone has lit a candle within the darkest corners of a cave. She is quickly bringing light into the darkest parts of his life and even the darkest parts of his mind. He watches her jump and kick as she squeals with happiness and for a moment all is right with the world. Nothing else exists but this happy moment between him and the child he's run across by chance.

It is when she returns back to him, pressing back into his side that he shakes his head, clearing his mind and forcing himself to become focused once again. "I'll take you there then. It's nice and open, full of wide rolling plains and many creeks and streams to play in." It's strange how quickly he is able to become one that cares about the small and fragile. The ones that need protecting. It was all so different then what the demons had made him. Well, in reality, what the demon had made him. A knight in shining armor would never be a way he'd explain himself, but if the child wanted to think that way about him that was perfectly fine. 

He smiles slightly before pulling away from her hesitantly. He doesn't want to take the warmth of his body from her tiny one but he knows in order to get home they must begin walking. "I'm sure there is more there, but we will have to discover what," looking towards the trees he rolls in shoulders in a slight shrug. "But I figure we can do that together. What do you say?" For once he is ready for a positive challenge. Even if this particular challenge involved helping a foal grow and form into a young adult. "I'm just going to warn you, I've never done this before. Looked after a little one," he pauses, "But I will do my best to do a good job and I too promise you will never have to be alone again."

I promise.

Promising things was something he didn't often do. Promises were easily broken. But he couldn't avoid promising the little filly everything she wanted and with those promises he would do his best to make sure they were kept. Reaching down he stretches his nose towards her shoulder and bumps his nostrils against her soft coat nudging her in the direction of the trees surrounding the den. "Come now, Arantha. Let's go home." Stepping forward he moves a few steps ahead of her before coming to a stop and looking back to make sure she was close behind.

TANNOR

Always watching, always concerned for their safety and happiness.  She was always there.  Wanting them to find a home and to be alone no more.  Surrounded by the abandoned she couldn't help but feel alone herself.  Was that selfish... To want more.  But in the loneliness of the lands there was a silver lining.  To see one by one them be found, be taken home and to be loved.  As they departed she silently wished them well...

Some interactions catch her eye more than others.  On this day a rosey little foal curled within the greenery is found by a rather dark form.  Her curiousity grew as she neared silently.  Her small frame easily hidden amongst the thickets.  Halting within ear shot she listened to them.  If anything had felt out of place she would be no more than an arms reach away.  Amber orbs scanned over the silver stallion.  His gifts much like her own but different.  She couldn't help but see a depth in his eyes.  A time of hurt and turmoil but given way to a new light.  He spoke kindly to the child.  Offering friendship and a home. She smiled happily at the thought.  A home.  

As she was confident in the safety of the child and they seemed to be headed off she stepped from the thicket.  Watching him lead her off a few paces and looking back to be sure she was following ok.  She silently wished them well with no more than a nodd of her delicate crown.

AuroraElis

Not all that Glitters is Gold