• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

He tells her "ooh love" - Reilly & Kharon

He tells her "ooh love".

Hazel eyes are on her dam’s retreating figure. For a moment she wonders why they were left behind, but soon the big white draws her attention to him. She didn’t dislike Reilly, but neither could she say she liked him. She simply does not know him, though he had been the one to give her her name. He had been the one to clean the grease of her coat. He had been there when they had first saw the life light. Reilly belonged to the little world she knew.

It felt good to receive some attention, to feel cared for. Don’t get her wrong, Kylin received all the love her heart desired from both her dam and sibling, but their world had been pretty small. It had always been just them. And like that, Kharon voices out something that could’ve come from her lips. Perhaps voiced in a different way, but the key essence the same. He couldn’t leave. She didn’t want him to.

She stuck close to her Kharon’s white and lavender side. It was where she felt most comfortable, most complete. Almost like it was the place she was meant to be at. She shudders lightly as he touches her, warmth blossoming in her stomach and with a small smile of her own Kylin leans in to brush her muzzle across his shoulder. She liked it. The way he was constant aware of her, touching her, like he was telling her in his own way he was still there. A reminder that made it impossible to forget him.

”You can’t leave” she joins her brother, voice much softer and more high pitched than Kharon’s. He was older, bigger, broader and stronger. And she did little to fight that. Kylin didn’t feel the desire to compete with her brother, instead she was much more content at his side. ”Please say you’ll stay, Reilly..” Once part of their family, always a part of their family.

image © brenda del rio photography

@[AbbyNormal] @[Toli]
    Abby, hope you don’t mind me replying to the thread here? Time line is quite crazy and Toli and I moved our other Kha/Ky thread there, so I thought it might make sense to move this one there too. But then, of course, I assume Reilly moved to the Lake with them. If not, I’ll re-post it at the old thread, but Ky (and Kha?) would be thrilled to have Reilly join them.
    He does worry over her, despite his attempts not to. Despite the many ounces of effort he put in not to watch her turn to leave (and the way the muscles of her rump ripple under the chocolate and cream of her coat, the gentle swish of her lush tail, as she walks), entrusting him with the care of her young twins. He simply can't help but to wonder what goes through her head. What she is going off to do. How long she would need. Not so much now, because of course the twins would need another feeding before too long, but how long would it be before the light returns to her eyes and the fire in her that he knows is there. Fucking hell, when had he become so invested in someone? In her? Her kids. Her well-being. He feels as though he's always been here, always known her, even if he hadn't. As though all he could hope for is for her to be restored and then... Hell, he is so screwed.

So many thoughts, so many questions, threaten to swell up his brain until it could explode. Can't be havin' that. Not when there are two eager little faces staring up at him. Oh yes, completely screwed, he thinks as he is unable to fight a crooked smile at those wide and expectant eyes. So bright and young. Innocent. Reilly can hardly remember what that even feels like. They're turning him into mush though, and he feels himself softening further when Kharon bumps noses with him. And little Kylin, sweet lil thing that she is, a bit smaller and more slender than her brother, sidling up beside him as he curls one lavender wing over her back. By Jaysus, they're cute tiny things.

So soft, was he, like some giant Irish teddy bear, that when they ask if he will be staying he nearly feels his knees giving out beneath him. More than that, they each say they want him to stay. Stay. What does that even mean? He smiles at them, giving a soft chuckle as he lowers his head to nuzzle them both. In doing so, he eyes the lavender and white of their coats, smells their mother on their fur. They've already become a part of him, a fact he can't deny, and the fact they want him near is so far beyond anything he's ever felt. It brings to light one solid truth. "I don't think I could leave if I tried." Lifting his head back to look at them, though still level, his expression becomes slightly more solemn. "It's not always up to us though, laddies." Best not to promise them something he couldn't keep. "Not to worry, loves. Don't plan on goin' anywhere anytime soon." A crooked grin and a playful twinkle in his blue-green gaze, he nudges the boy and lips at the girl playfully before trotting off. "How's about a game, eh? Anything ya'd like ta play?"

This is perfect, love! <3 & of course, Reilly is coming with ^_^

She shuddered lightly under his touch. His gray eyes lit and settled on her, watched her reach and brush his shoulder. This was nice, their closeness. He liked it. And he watched her a bit longer as she spoke to Reilly, as Reilly's thoughts still nudged at him and pulled his attention away again.

The man loved them.

He turned eager eyes to their guardian, waiting to see what he would say since he really shouldn't be able to know his thoughts this way. Sometimes it was hard to remember not to respond to them, though. Especially Mother's, because her's were often so very wrong with nobody to correct her and tell her otherwise. She was maybe the best practice for him.

But Reilly chuckled then, bent down to nuzzle them, and he snuggled deeper into that affection and breathed in his strong scent. He definitely never wanted Reilly to leave, ever. And Kylin seemed to adore him so much, so obviously he must stay. He couldn't help but worry that one day he wouldn't, though. That one day they would wake to a quiet nuzzle of goodbye from him as he left. It hadn't even happened, maybe never would, and his heart hurt anyway, pushed a line of worry into his little brow.

"I don't think I could leave if I tired," he reassured them, and the tightness in his small chest lightened up a bit. But the worry returned a little with his next words. "It's not always up to us though, laddies. Not to worry, loves. Don't plan on goin' anywhere anytime soon."

Reilly bent to nudge at him and coaxed a careful smile back to his face before asking if they'd like to play. His little eyes lit back up as he chased after him to catch up. Something loud in his mind caught his attention suddenly, though, and he jerked to a stop, looking off in to the distance. He should go and see. Just to check, just to make sure. He should go. But alone, definitely. No Kylin, no Reilly. Just him. Just in case.

He wasn't sure how long he'd stood there so still, listening, but when he looked back again, he met the worried eyes of his big protector. Had he tried talking to him? Kharon must have been so focused, he couldn't remember hearing him, not even his thoughts. He smiled brightly and chased to him again, pressed himself into those big arms and strong chest before looking around for Kylin and his smile softened. Ah, there she was. So slender and beautiful and perfect. His head tilted way back to look at Reilly again, still comfortably against his chest.

"Let's hide. I bet you can't find me, I know the best hiding places! Do you think you could?"

Quotes are speech. Italics are telepathy

He tells her "ooh love".

It was not hard for her to like Reilly. From the very first start it had been mother, Kharon and Reilly. And unlike mother he hadn’t turned his back on them, he hadn’t sought out someone to dump them with. Of course they had one another, but it was nice that they still had someone who didn’t turn them down. Kylin shares her brother’s worries, but so does she also love display of affection.

She presses closer against Kharon’s side as he nuzzles them, basking them for a moment in the much needed attention an affection. He pulls back way too fast for her liking, so instead she nuzzles her brother, hoping he would make up for the lack of affection she was experiencing right that instant. Reilly tells them he wouldn’t leave, or doesn’t plan on at least, but also that it’s not always up to them. But who then? ”Who would make you leave?” she asks, brows knit together confused.

He doesn’t give them a chance to ponder over it much longer. Like her brother’s eyes, Kylin’s also lit up at the promise of a game. She’s a bit slower to react, dashing after Reilly a bit later than her brother does. She does not give up, she does not like that, but she knows it’s unlikely that she would pass by Kharon. He was taller and stronger, there was no way she could win. Except when he stops.

She’s standing near Reilly, her dished head tilting a bit to the side as she studies her brother. What had caused him to stop? What did he see? Or hear, or smell. Blinking her hazel eyes she turns to look up at Reilly, her sides rising and falling with each breath. ”What’s he doing?” she asks, though not longer looking at the big white male. It is not her side where Kharon returns to, but she cannot blame him. Reilly is like a huge personal teddybear.  Or she liked to think that at least.

Both her ears pin forward hearing her brother’s suggestion and a wide smile spread over her lips, her eyes twinkling in delight. ”Oh yes yes, please. Can we play hide and seek?” she asks, trotting forward to place herself at Kharon’s side right in front of Reilly, looking up to him with a wide smile and a pleading look in her hazel eyes.

These two are a gift- a thought that crosses easily over his mind. A gift, a privilege, to watch them. To guide them. To protect them. Comfort them. Never before would he have thought he could claim the role of guardian, but now, looking down at these two young faces and their bright eyes and the way they look at him.. He feels nothing short of gratitude for the gift one woman had bestowed on him. And he knows- knows the truth that he tells the babes; he will never leave them. Not by his choice. He tells them such, because he will not lie to them, and watches the worry playing over their innocent expressions. Warmth spreads in his big chest, so much that he can't help but to smile at them and lean in for nuzzles before playfully suggesting a game.

Oh, the way they shine with the idea. He laughs and trots off a ways, a secret bloom of enjoyment when they chase after hik. But then little Kharon stops and stares off into something that causes both Reilly and Kylin to stop and stare, too. By instinct, the Irishman scans the direction the boy stares, looking and listening for himself to be sure there isn't a danger. One solid moment passes- long enough for the man to make the conclusion there is nk imminent threat- before Kylin looks up to him and asks what her brother is doing in that sweet little voice of hers. He smiles warmly back at her and offers a silly shrug before returning his attention to the boy. "Kharon." He calls, curious. Whatever it was, though, it passes and the colt snaps out of it and looks their way. Reilly's ready smile returns as he races back to him and throws himself into his chest. A heartfelt laugh bursts from him and he hugs the boy. It doesn't even begin to matter that the lavender and white is a stark contrast to his own white with a touch of red. This is his son. And daughter beside him. Full of love and ready to engage them, he grins down at Kharon as he suggests Hide and Seek.

"I bet ya have all kinds o' secrets, boyo." A wink. "Let's see if they'ra match fer mine!" His grin remaining, he turns and closes his eyes. "Ye both go hide an' I'll be countin' ta twenty." But, just for emphasis, he turns his head to them before they take off running. "Jus' not too far, okay."

Let the games begin, then! "One... two..."

It felt good to be in Reilly's arms. He was so big and warm and safe. And he loved the two of them. No, the three of them. He might love Mother, too. It felt good to be pressed into that laugh, the man's chest thumping against his like a heartbeat of happiness, and he buried himself deeper into it.

"I bet ya have all kinds o' secrets, boyo," Reilly winked at him. It made his blood run a little colder a moment, worrying if his guardian-father knew that he was going to try and sneak away. He had to, though. His Father was here, he had to go see. Reilly would understand that, wouldn't he? Did he know, was he mad? But no, Reilly was still smiling and soon began their game of hiding, that big voice of comfort counting for them to hide as relief washed through him.

Kharon did have secrets, like this.
    But everyone else had more.
    Kharon was just in charge of keeping those too.

He took off with Kylin at his side, putting some distance between them and Reilly before they would hide. When they got far enough away, he stopped them and crushed her in a tight hug, rubbing his cheek against the softness of her neck and breathing in her scent. "Kylin," he breathed quietly, brushing a kiss to her neck, then her cheek, before pulling back to meet her sweet, hazel eyes.

"I won't be found this time," he told her soberly. Don't look for me. "But I'll come find you soon. There's something I need to do, alone." He kissed her brow without waiting for a response, and turned to run a different direction. To where he knew Father was.

So I guess this might as well be where he sneaks off to meet Kirby, and when Wallace comes back to Reilly xD
    Quotes are speech. Italics are telepathy

He tells her "ooh love".

Expectation lies in her eyes as she stares up at the big white form. Her muzzle brushes over Kharon’s flank, though she does so without taking her eyes away from Reilly. The moment he agrees a wide smile curls up the corners of her lips and her ears pin forward.  Soon he starts counting, but before she allows her brother to take her away, Kylin turns to look back across her shoulder. ”Don’t peek!” she tells him.

He guides her into the thick vegetation that covers the entire isle, with exception of the beaches of course. She’s eager and excited for their game, naturally depending on Kharon to find them a good spot to hide from Reilly. Perhaps in that eagerness she had missed the signs that would tell her of his different plans. She enjoys the attention. The hug, the kisses, the sweet brush of his muzzle across her skin. Kylin reaches out to return the favor, her lips kissing his cheek sweetly.

”Kha-“ she mumbles in response, her head tilting slightly as she looks at him questioningly. Her  body tingles and at the same time her heart clenches. Would he leave her alone, he too? Kylin doesn’t voice out her concerns, instead she nods like the good little sister she is. She would have to trust him on this. Don’t keep me waiting long.

She watches him go, until he’s out of view. Then her gaze travels around, trying to figure out where she exactly was, before setting off to find a good hiding spot. The longer she could keep Reilly busy, the bigger Kharon’s head start would be. She ends up in the cave in which she had been born. Remembering only little from her birth, it does not occur to her that Reilly knows of the place too.