• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Im in the details with the devil [Ea and Ashley]
    Kirin
    that girl is a real crowd pleaser
    There were a few hitches in the plan, of course plans were never absolute, too many what if’s to factor. Eventually one gets used to leaving a bit of wiggle room, some cushion to fall on in case you had to pick yourself up. Kirin had no intention of falling hard either, not when the skies were literally the limit. The world was so vast and this was only the beginning. They did not go down easily, he had not expected them to, but they went down all the same- that’s what counted. It was put to vote, a raise of hand, a say “aye” if you were in favor. Once tallied and accounted he was named victor and thus the trivialities of his rule could begin.

It was (for the ischians) quite the blessing that the fae had boomed the finding of new land, their world was growing. He could not have asked for anything more perfect, there could not have been better timing.

He called them away, the two of importance, the once Queen and her advisor of sorts Ashley. There was no need to further amuse himself with the bitterness of the island residents, it didn’t matter, let them spit their bile all they wanted- it changed nothing. Let them leave if they did not like it, what did he care? His rule would grow without them and of course he much preferred to surround himself with followers, rather than naysayers. That’s just what he told them, “Those that do not wish to stay will not be made to, your chance to leave is your own, make of it what you will. All except you of course.”

Oh no, not his spoils of war.

“Ea,” he breathed once away from the brigade, his mellow voice wrong in his devil’s mouth. “I can’t leave you on the throne of course, nor in any such place of power, you understand I’m sure.” He was still, turning to look at them both. “But, that said, someone must stay in my place to oversee my island. I have a number of children, grandchildren that could hold the position but something tells me to be merciful. I’ll catch more flies with honey,” Always out for something, always making threads to the web to benefit himself in some way or other. “You are wanting peace of course, safety for your children, your home. I am not an unreasonable man, though the critics would argue otherwise. I can be swayed to be merciful and forgiving, Ashley..” The sentence drags out, a newly required thoroughness to the world and so his speeches are ever prevalent.
    small world all her friends know me
    HTML by Call

Closed thread for:
    @[Ea]  @[Ashley]
    She spun the stars on her fingernails
    She never actually left. Their meeting had been brief and called off abruptly when noises broke through the peacefulness of the trees. There were outsiders, their scents distinguishable against the tropical smells on the island. While the natives fled to investigate, Nayl occupied herself by drinking from the cool water and idly roaming the nearby trails. She toyed with her own magic, bringing to life creatures from the very earth they walk on, but that eventually grew wearisome. The bickering had continued and she could no longer ignore it.

By the time she happens across them, most of the arguing had diffused. There remains an underlying tension and worry, but it fazes her not. The uncertainty that lingers in the air among them is thick enough to cut with a knife, Ischia’s future teetering between two separate powers. Nayl first observes Kirin (whose name she does not yet know) and she listens to the idle threat and warning (and claim) that coils around his words, a python trying to destroy its victim slowly. The gleam that overtakes her gaze is of piqued interest, but also for her own miniscule concern for the island. She knows this was home to her grandfather (though is scent is seemingly a thing of the past) and the residents are – were? – his family. Perhaps, that is why she can’t bring herself to turn away and return home just yet. Instead, she joins the small group only after having heard the ramblings of the lavender male.

”You are mighty bold,” her voice is venomous as the distance closes and she takes her place nearest Ashley and Ea, ”for someone who has no land, title, or claim.” The smile that flashes across her face is deceiving, her gaze hardening with every slow, calculated breath. ”With friends in nearby lands – friends that are willing to defend the appropriate leaders in Ischia – I feel like you have no power to make such claims and to demand from them… what was it? Mercy and forgiveness?” Her shoulder brushes against Ashley’s and her fiery eyes flicker to him, then Ea, before meeting the lavender stallion’s again.

”And, I’m sorry, who the hell are you, king of nothing and nowhere?”

Nayl
    covet and myrina's creation

I can't control her :|
    censored censored censrored
    ASHLEY

The world, it seems, is rife with those wanting to take what little peace is left for the ginger man. He has his family, his ‘squire’ of sorts. They would follow him until the ends of naught, and when the lavender man makes his assault upon the beach, Ashley knows that his day of reckoning has come.

His little beach paradise days are over.

The politics of the mainland have come to them at last, and Ash finds himself looking at Kirin. A shadowed look falls across his face as he considered the other man’s words. A place for his family. A place to belong.

It was something that the ginger man could respect, even if it required some thought and a genuine distaste for the displays of power he was being shown by the other man’s… motley crew. I can be swayed to be forgiving…. he says. And Ashley cannot help himself. He stands there, a his golden eyes taking all of this in, and he snorts. Audibly.

He is not given a chance to say much before Nayl comes forward out of the center of the island, pushing inward to a new conference of… leaders? Ashley was no leader. He had been, once. But those days were long gone. His wish, his want above all else, was to defend the island and protect his childen. He had failed the first—and refused to fail the second.

He does not pay the multi-colored queen much mind. He knows her place here as his guest, and though she speaks with power, she speaks of things she does not know. Ea has remained eerily silent during this entire exchange and Ashley refuses to let Ischia go. His family will not be deposed.

“Kirin,” his voice rumbles from somewhere deep in his ribcage, his power simmering with his anger, sparking from his eyes and rippling to the very edges of his skin. “What, exactly, do you see for your family on my island? And what, exactly, should we be seeking forgiveness for? It is not as if you were invited….”

The nuances are clear. The island is no longer Ea’s…. but what the future held for this tropical island, remains yet to be seen.

But Ashley will not be moved.
    and the girls caressed me down ughhh that's that lovin' sound
    HTML by Call
    now you're staring at a queen.
    Throughout it all, she remains calm.
    The silver girl is calm when they come, one by one, these others who claim Ischia as their own. It’s laughable, truly: Ischia is hers. It will always belong to her family, no matter who leads it.
    One by one, they come to support her. She touches her nose lightly to Sabrael’s side to hold him back as he comes to her defense, releasing his dragon. Vida -- her loyal grulla friend -- makes her way to Ea’s side. She sees Wallace, Dovev, some new faces -- and by her count, Ea would remain leader. She is calm, head held high, eyes fixed on Kirin despite the others’ words. They were meaningless.

And then, Ashley’s vote: Kirin.

Her head whips around, color-changing eyes staring directly at the stallion. She did not mishear. He and his family all vote for Kirin -- a stranger -- to lead them. He wins.
    Her blood boils, but she remains outwardly poised.

Kirin pulls the two of them aside. He offers them peace -- he has no interest in leading Ischia, only keeping it under his watch. She is silent, listening, even calm as Nayl finds them and defends Ischia. Her throat burns as Ashley speaks.
    She cannot fault Kirin for taking advantage of Ea while she was distracted -- but this has woken her up. She is focused now.

As the others finish speaking, Ea takes a pause before she begins. “Thank you, Nayl,” she says, voice steady, nodding to the spotted queen. She is strong and cold, commanding respect. “Ashley, you are the one who has betrayed Ischia by supporting this stranger. Kirin, whatever plans you have for Ischia mean nothing to me; my family and I won’t remain in any land where he lives. So here are your options: you can all leave and I will forget you ever showed your face here, or you can lead a land of one and be reminded every day how you singlehandedly destroyed this island.”

She finishes, then, looking only at Kirin -- anything Ashley has to say is of no interest to Ea.
    Kirin
    that girl is a real crowd pleaser
    His quiet meeting somehow grows, another woman he had not seen in the initial gathering of his take over, had not ushered to this private meeting, somehow leaks in from the tropical foliage, sticking her nose in places it did not concern her. Kirin blinks, once, twice, but ultimately ignores the tobiano woman. His business was with the current or in this case ex-current who’s who of the island. They had things to discuss and decisions to make, mostly on who would stay and who would go with these two but he was not overly concerned with the outcome. They could both leave, they could both stay, what was it to him?

Nothing, if little.

It was amusing how they snarled, tossing up defenses and yet there was in short nothing they could do to sway his claim. They offered ultimatums as if they had bargaining chips left, Kirin allowed their speeches, their accusations and for once he was still and quiet as they lashed.

“Oh very well, in this case I think I’ll stay on actually, rule the roost a bit. Ea you may go if that is what you so wish, even if you are welcome to stay, that path is still open to you.” She didn’t want him there, either of them actually and he had not expected her to. This was quite the suspected reaction and resistance. “Perhaps my family is a bit destructive, we find calm in the chaos.” He purrs his words, shifting his weight and if he were a man he would look at his nails, shining them against his coat.

“I can promise it will not be empty for long, I’ll fill it myself if I have to. I may even prefer that.” Of course he would, any excuse for the necessity of  sex.

“Ashley, good man that you are. I see how they look to you for protection of sorts, you care an awful lot about this island. In exchange for you continuing to do so, your family will be free from mine, that is to say, we will not come after your daughters seeking pleasure of any sort. Your wife, wives,” Having a single woman in one's life was absurd to Kirin but it tended to occur rather often these days, the world straying from their natural way of life. Ah well, to each own. “I’ll not touch them and neither will my people.”

Kirin was good for his word in this matter, “I find plenty of my own thrills,” he flicked a wing at that, shooing the thought away as if it were trivial.
    small world all her friends know me
    HTML by Call

(so sorry, im not sure if there was some confusion? This was actually a closed thread for kirin, ashley and ea)