• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

call me the world's sexiest killing machine; nicia
    Right. Well. Shit. I guess if I’m gonna be at least partly responsible for my family’s home, that means finding people to come join us and populate the place. Ones who don’t suck, preferably. Ones who won’t fuck things up or get in the way or mess with the people who’re already there. The ones who are mine. I mean, I could just hoard the lake for myself, keep it just me and the family, yeah? But that seems...frankly that seems like a stupid idea.

I’ve seen how easily a land the residents thought was secure could fall.
    I’m not about to let that shit happen to my family again.

There’s strength in numbers, especially in the right numbers. People who aren’t shitty, who’re low drama, but who’ll stand up for their goddamn home and not hand it over to invaders. So, right, actually loyal and shit. And we’ve got a good start. Pretty sure our ties of blood and loyalty are at least decently solid. Reilly wouldn’t do anything to hurt Lacey and the kids, and neither would I. But the five of us, on the way to being six, that’s not nearly enough to stand against a repeat of the Ischia catastrophe.

Fucking Kirin.

Anyhow. So I head out to the Meadow, because where better to find people who might not suck and might be looking for a place to call home? Well, okay, the Field, but that place is a damn nightmare, and way more trouble than it’s worth. Far better to just go meet people and see what happens.

And it just so happens the first person I come across is a hot little grey number I should probably not talk to if I’m looking for someone to bring home to meet the family. Mmm. Should definitely not talk to, not with that look in her eyes or the leer on her face. Walk away, Kirby. I stare a little too long, a wicked grin flirting with one corner of my mouth, but sense wins out over sex for once in my life, and I tear my eyes off her to see who else I can find.
    Bite my shiny metal ass.