• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

hello~spring [open]
    tangerine
    face to the sun
    He tells her everything is right, and she believes him. Her shoulders relax and she presses a little more of her weight into his strong side.

“You are my first friend.” The simple statement he makes imprints on her heart in a way she would have not expected. She hadn’t given much thought to his past life, she had taken the happiness of her own upbringing for granted and assumed he had enjoyed the same. He had crafted his persona in his new home, and he played the part well – so well Tang had never considered that he may have been born of heartache. But she doesn’t realize all of this, she just now understands that the boy with the scales holds secrets.

He is so young, her own age, and amiable she assumed he had many friends. Growing up on the plains of her homeland she had been surrounded by a sea of ever-changing new faces. Some she had connected with and others who had drifted away nearly as soon as she had meet them. But there were many who she would consider her friends.

What kind of world had he lived in?

She can tell he is on the brink of telling her something big, something that made him who he is. But she remains patient, continuing to smooth his mane and he speaks, every word laced with hesitancy.  And then he speaks of his siblings and she understands more than he tells her. They came here together, some would consider them and herself run-aways, but they had run for very different reasons. Or so she suspects, from his shrouded words and vacant eyes.

So, the King and the vagabond girl are not so different after all.

But she respects his decision, to leave the topic for now. She nods into his neck (where her head rests) with understanding as his last words reach her. “I think that is a good idea.” She breathes against his skin. “I think you are a wise king.”

And then she tries to pull his eyes back to her, away from the bad memories, with a smile. She looks to his eyes then, her own amber orbs soft and understanding. She is reading him, ready pivot whichever direction he takes.

if there's a light at the end, it's just the sun in your eyes

I think you are a wise king.

The compliment makes Amet's throat tighten, thankful to the point of tears for this painted mare at his side. He relaxes into her and smiles warmly despite the memories that still float threatening just under the surface. "And I think you are a kind soul, mahal," he whispers into her ear.

Tang pulls from him and worry flares within him, but she only goes far enough to look him in the eyes and the reptilian king is suddenly happen that his unspilled tears have retreated, no longer fat and heavy near his eyelashes. He had only ever confided in Iset and Sakir, and even then, there are certain things that the oldest brother does not feel comfortable discussing with his siblings. Amet gives Tang a gentle nudge on her cheek, "thank you," for listening, understanding, being my first friend.

"Don't let me bring the mood down," he tries to joke happily, "I'll follow your lead for the rest of the day. Where would you like to go, what trouble would you like to get into?"

Amet

@[Tangerine] pls forgive how short & gross this is