• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

as if a glass could contain the sea; sirana

As Sirana begins to enjoy a roll upon the sun-kissed grasses of Tephra, Warrick notices a sudden change in the temperature. It is subtle on the already sultry and heavy air that is natural to the kingdom, but the bay stallion’s eyes narrow slightly in confusion; he knows Tephra well, and the sudden heat was out of place, even for such a tropical land. He lifts his brilliant blue gaze towards the source of the heat, not in the least bit surprised when the goliath shadow that is Offspring divulges from seemingly nowhere. Warrick’s narrowed stare disappears, instead gives a soft snort of recognition and a small dip of his head to welcome the volcanic king, his eyes curiously roving the now large and looming stallion. Warrick notices the singed pieces of foliage and underbrush that now sizzle lazily beneath Offspring’s touch, but his eyes do not linger there long.

Warrick’s playful gaze circles back to Sirana, a glimmer of a knowing smirk flickering onto the cobalt of his lips. “Always around,” his expression seems to say to her. The bay stallion’s head turns inquisitively back to Offspring, ears pricking towards his king as the rumbling voice reverberates through the thickness of the air. It reminds him immediately of the volcano that rises in the distance behind them, expelling heat and ash with every shuddering breath it takes. The ebony stallion before him commands the same respect of the spewing volcano behind them. “Offspring,” Warrick says to him in greeting.

Sirana does not hesitate to introduce herself to Offspring, though Warrick hadn’t thought for a second that she would have enjoyed him doing it for her. He smiles easily, flicking the inky blackness of his tail idly against his legs. Warrick is still unsure about the ways kingdom life works, and he is hoping that his trip through Tephra with Sirana is what Offspring had been describing when he had described Warrick’s duties.

“Sirana,” he says gently, his blue eyes leaving Offspring’s blazing red gaze to focus on the red-gold of the mare beside him. “You may reside here as a resident if you wish, but I have a feeling you might be interested in something a little bit more.” The stallion shifts his gaze to Offspring, for he knew that he would be able to better explain the roles and duties within their kingdom than Warrick would be able.
    like the sun,
    swallowed up by the earth
    warrick
    Warrick spoke next instead of Offspring again, telling Sirana that she was free to stay here as a resident or possibly do more. Recognizing that this place probably had a caste system, ranks that the horses held, Sirana was highly pleased at being able to pull her own weight around here. She didn't want to be seen as a useless horse that couldn't provide for herself. She could most definitely, even though the former herd stallion of hers tried doing it all for her. Not being able to protect herself since she didn't get the chance to chase away any enemies left the mare feeling powerless.

Now, she could get it back.

Sirana smiled at Offspring, holding her head up high to express her pride, "If you would accept me into the ranks of your kingdom, I would be happy to show what I can do. I was trained by my mother in matters of diplomacy, and I learned fighting skills from the head warrior in my former kingdom. I am capable of performing either task for the Tephra should the need arise," she explained.