• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i'll use you as a warning sign - anyone
    The allure of company draws Castile from the obscure shadows of the looming sunset. Painted in scarlet, he steps lightly up the hill upon hearing nearby voices. Mother had told him that he would remain here – she had her reasons – and to mingle among the others. Ideally, he would have stayed in Nerine to overlook mother and Isobel’s safety, but he was forcibly ushered out. “I can watch over your sister alone,” mother had snipped before pressing her lips to the boy’s poll. “Visit frequently, but it’s time you spread your wings,” and he bid her farewell after that, taking to the skies under the assumption that she meant it literally.

He often reflected on the Nerinian caves that he was born in, that father frequently inhabited. They were comfortable and unlike anything here in Hyaline, but he hasn’t complained. He found his preferred areas, migrating from one to the other as to avoid predictability (to an extent).

But he escapes the monotony of his solitude by clambering down the hill and across the meadow to join the group. His eyes – one silver, one gold – brighten upon seeing a familiar face. ”Hello, miss Djinni,” he offers as he takes a place just behind and to the side of Amet and Sakir – the latter he has not yet met – and grins boyishly. ”Are you just exploring? Where’s Ivar?” His head turns from one side to the other to search for his companion, but it’s futile. Unfortunately, the Sylvan Queen is alone.

Although his attention is steadfastly on Djinni, he does offer glances and nods to the other boys, but it most comfortable looking into the face of a figure from childhood.

Messages In This Thread
    RE: i'll use you as a warning sign - anyone - by Castile - 06-18-2017, 08:22 PM