• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I'm Holding On... [Open]

Like a Thorn to the Holy Ones

Her interest was sincere as she turned to face him. Her navy eyes seemed to glisten when she turned to him ears forward with intent. The bay was glad to know she was being earnest, for else he be made out to be a fool. Her wings lay neatly at her sides, the long plumes dangling down cascading around her as the train of a ballgown. It was boldly unique and each feather held a slightly different pattern, a different hue of blues, purples, and greens. He wondered if she could fly with such wings, he doubted it possible but would ask later for her voice pulled him from his momentary thoughts. What is a volcano? Her innocence was cute, refreshing from those he interacted with such old bones. He was quite older than her, his experiences led him away from home, and all across Beqanna. In such ways that Beqanna gifted him immortality, and his physical form stayed a peak age of 7..ish. He had started to forget exactly how old he was when his aging froze. But it was enough to know he wasn’t as young as we once was, mentally. He had grown and he was much better for it. He glanced at the steaming mountain in the distance, his nose turning towards it as his head jerked in its direction. ”That’s the volcano, that steaming mountain. Come.”

He turned with a smile and lead her away from the boundary channels that made Tephra an island, away from “I hope to see you again,” and the unexpected panicked feeling as he watched her go to leave. He took her into Tephra, winding a scenic path through the center of the terrain. Over small shrubs, and through the denser trees spotted hills. He turned occasionally to ask a question of stopped to help her over the lava streams. ”Be careful of these, they will burn you badly if you touch them.” He leaped over one tucking his limbs up over the red-black stream. He stood still on the other side and watched to make sure she came over safely as well. ”So where were you before you landed yourself beneath with willow?” He was curious about her for more than a just personal curiosity but also for the security of Tephra (though mostly personal, let’s be serious).

The path the were on eventually took them to the base of the volcano, and Nymphetamine didn’t take her closer. His tall lean form halted there and let her take it in, the heat, the steam, and the sulfur which was stronger here than the dissipated scent that lingered from time to time in the outer regions of the islands. The heat was already more intense at this distance, and surely Offspring was higher up the mount and the diplomat didn’t feel like putting his skills to use again. The time had passed him by more quickly than he realized the sun already descending back below the skyline. He allowed her to take it in, he remained silent and enjoyed reading her reactions from her facial expressions. But as the sun grew dimmer and the sky turned as colorful as Aurora’s wings, he nodded away from the molten mountain in a silent question. There was more to see, and he didn’t care to stay at the volcano at night. ”We can go to the shoreline, or...I guess I’ll take you back if you want to go.” The sun setting behind them had the sky make a brilliant background. He didn’t know if his hopes showed on his face but he enjoyed the company thus far, and maybe, just maybe, she would stay.

He knew at some point he would have to figure out the whole picture, as surely Kimber and Keeva would continue the conversation and at some point, his head would make his heart decide. But after years of back and forth, and never getting a serious affirmation it was nice to just enjoy a conversation, for it to be easy, or better put comfortable. The blood bay wasn’t foolish enough to assume there was substance between them, but he was wise enough to recognize and be open to the possibility.

NYMPHETAMINE

I faced when you left me, A rose in the rain

[Image: nymphetamine_zpsmlx48otf.gif]

Messages In This Thread
    I'm Holding On... [Open] - by AuroraElis - 06-12-2017, 06:12 PM
    RE: I'm Holding On... [Open] - by Offspring - 06-13-2017, 01:42 AM
    RE: I'm Holding On... [Open] - by AuroraElis - 06-13-2017, 09:41 PM
    RE: I'm Holding On... [Open] - by Offspring - 06-13-2017, 10:00 PM
    RE: I'm Holding On... [Open] - by AuroraElis - 06-20-2017, 07:38 PM
    RE: I'm Holding On... [Open] - by Offspring - 06-20-2017, 07:57 PM
    RE: I'm Holding On... [Open] - by AuroraElis - 06-20-2017, 08:50 PM
    RE: I'm Holding On... [Open] - by Offspring - 06-20-2017, 09:07 PM