• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

The Summer Months Were Our Best [Iset]
    Iset
    goddamn right
    you should be scared of me
    It took her a while to respond, so much so that Iset narrowed her eyes and was ready to pose the question, “Are you deaf? I asked you a question,” until the other girl beat her to the punch, answering with her name. She stays silent, neither affirming nor denying her latter statement about Amet. 

Recognition crosses Tang’s amber eyes, as though dragging Iset’s narrow face from the depths of her memory. Strangely though, she was struggling to recall the girl in front of her at all. Perhaps her name had been mentioned once or twice, but other that that, try as she might, she could not remember seeing Tang before now. Strange, since their shared home was so small and contained so few residents. 

But, to be fair, Iset wasn’t exactly the most sociable creature that ever lived. She reaches out then, stretching her pale, painted face towards her and causing Iset to recoil as if she had been burned. She didn’t do touching; her brothers were the only ones that she allowed close enough to touch her, and even though this mare looked friendly and non-threatening enough, she wasn’t about to break her rule any time soon. 

Tang confirms her earlier suspicions then, proclaiming that this was indeed the first time that the pair had crossed paths. “I am Iset. I am the Queen here,” a haughty pride touched her words as she introduced herself to Tang, pacing anxiously in place as her inability to stand still settled into her stiff legs. “Why are you up here? Shouldn’t you be sleeping?” Mild bitterness leaks into Iset’s tone, her frustration at someone having invaded what she had come to think of as her special place too troublesome to conceal.

Ugh it's yucky but I tried :/

Messages In This Thread
    RE: The Summer Months Were Our Best [Iset] - by Iset - 07-17-2017, 05:33 PM