• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

you rounded out my edges [any]
    tossed around like seaglass
    and you rounded out my edges
    Cherish is a little lost girl.

She was raised correctly, unlike a good number of foals, but it is time for her to set off on her own—well past time, actually. When autumn gives way to winter and winter turns subsequently into summer, she will be a year old. It was time for her to go, her mother had encouraged her, and make an adventure for herself. That is just what young Cherish is doing; she is going to make a grand adventure out of this thing called life, she hopes. She has the curiosity and the drive to do whatever she wants, so why shouldn't she?

It is what has driven her to this now-barren wasteland (or nearly barren, really). Trees and shrubery have been burnt to the ground, and occasionally she comes across a rift that gapes open beneath her hooves. Whatever has happened here? She is deeply curious, and though she might be walking through a territory that will not welcome her, she cannot stop on her journey to the center. Mountains loom around her and the blackened earth is admittedly frightening to the young girl, but you know what they say about curiosity.

Eventually she comes to a large, seemingly endless lake, and here she collapses at the shoreline. All of that walking has worn her out, and she stares with bleary eyes across the water. Burnt trees have fallen along the edges of the lake, staining the pristine water with ash and decay, and her stubby tail flicks over her haunches as she takes it all in. It's beautiful, truly, despite all of the damage to the kingdom. Beautiful, and peaceful enough that maybe she can settle down for a nap right here...
    cherish
    you were a shot in the dark
    if there's a light at the end, it's just the sun in your eyes

He has returned from visiting Warrick in Tephra, sullen and fatigued.

The Autumn sun is warm and bright in its brilliant blue home, but it does nothing to help the young stallion's spirits. Hyaline is burned and drab, the once vibrant foliage now gray, charred, and dead. He has done his diplomatic duties, having warned Nerine and Sylva of the attack (and also Tephra, but that was mostly for Warrick), and now he is prepared to mourn beneath the twisted, burnt boughs of his favorite wisteria tree.

It appears, however, that even Hyaline's destruction has not deterred the arrival of a newcomer, one that looks tiredly wide-eyed at the cloudy lake, a sad image compared to its usual crystalline self. "Hello, little one," he offers pleasantly to the chestnut unicorn, coming to a stop beside her. His words, though warm, cannot hide his own fatigue as he turns his amber gaze to the lake before them. "You've come to see the lake at an interesting time," he gives a gentle sigh as he turns back to look at the filly, "but it's still beautiful, yes?"

"My name is Amet, I am the King here, or so they tell me. And you look like you come use some sleep," he tells her with a quiet chuckle.
    Amet

@[Cherish]