• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

kiss away the bad dreams
    tangerine
    face to the sun
    "You are so special to me... thank you, for everything"
    Tangerine is glad for the warmth of his body next to hers as her emotions cause a chill passes through her. His words make an impression on her, and she silently tucks them away in her memory, in her heart. She draws a deep breath before she speaks. 

"I believe in you, and in Hyaline. When I came to Beqanna, I never meant to grow roots... I never intended to call any place home." The words feel almost like a confession. Wandering was a part of who she was, who her people were, but this place put her at odds with her own nature. The wild mountains sing to her, the crystalline lake soothes her, the kaleidoscope of flowering colors feeds her imagination, and the roaring ocean is an escape when she needs one. Hyaline had everything she had ever dreamed of finding in a paradise. And it had Amet. She had grown to trust him, to feel deeply for him - to feel more than just the lump in her throat when she watched the way his young body moved with grace and power. 

He speaks of Tephra, alliances, and politics but as her lover's name leaves his lips her pulse quickens and a shadow of sadness crosses her features.  "Amet, I have something I need to tell you." The buffer sentence, the forewarning. She didn't know how he would take the news and she didn't pretend to not know why it wasn't easy to tell him. From their very first meeting, she had been drawn to him. Before they even knew each other she had wanted to be close to him; now that they had become friends she admired him even more than when they had first met. And she thought, just maybe, he may have smiler feelings for her. 
    Her new condition would put all of that on hold.

But as the image of her twins comes to mind a soft smile finds her lips despite the emotional nature of the night. And when she speaks the hesitation she had felt has vanished. "I'm pregnant, Amet." A pause, as she can't help but seek the comfort of his golden eyes "and in the spring I need to go to Tephra for a little while." She presses a kiss to the tender hollow of his cheek, lingering to take the scent of his skin with a shallow breath. "I'll be back though, Hyaline feels more like home than any place has before"
    [Image: tzang]

if there's a light at the end, it's just the sun in your eyes

She whispers about the roots she had never intended to grow - the ones that have grown into Hyaline's soil and that will aid in its regrowth in the spring. The ones that have helped him grow, fast and courageous, throughout their friendship. Amet's chest is warm and full of emotion, his amber eyes melting into hers as he gazes appreciatively at the painted mare. "I believe in myself because of you," he matches her confession with his own, his heart pitter pattering sharply within his narrow gilded chest. He knows little about these emotions, or how to handle them, but he feels that he's done sufficiently enough thus far.

At least, he hasn't scared her away yet. His first friend.

There's a sudden shift in Tang's demeanor when Amet mentions Warrick and he recoils, but only imperceptibly, his eyes searching hers at the first hint of her uncharacteristic disquiet. "Is everything okay?" he questions with his own hesitation at the succinct sadness in her usually bright eyes. I'm pregnant, Amet, she finally says.

I'm pregnant.
    I'm pregnant.
    I'm pregnant.

The statement rocks him, but not in the way he would have expected. There is shock in his amber eyes, albeit briefly, and then he is returning her touch with a warm nicker. His soft muzzle finds her cheek as Tang's finds his, quelling any jealousy that threatened to blossom in his belly. "Congratulations, mahal," he whispers tenderly as he lets his eyes flutter closed, "I'm so happy for you both." He pulls away from the gold and cream mare and gives her a gentle grin, "You better come back. I've always wanted to be the cool Uncle to a little niece or nephew. Or, well, stepdad... or... you know what? I'll let you explain it," he finally spits out, with a chagrined bout of laughter.
    Amet

@[Tangerine]