• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

kiss away the bad dreams
    if there's a light at the end, it's just the sun in your eyes

Amet's amber eyes flutter closed as Tang reaches towards his head, lipping at his forelock gently. He can't help the smile that spreads across his lips, nor the way it widens as she calls him Dragon King. He gently nudges her back, his fluttering nostrils blowing warm breaths against her neck and his voice soft despite their newfound late-night alertness, "Would you like to go for a walk with me? It might be easier to see the stars without those pesky leaves getting in the way," his first small joke about the night of the fire, a step in the right direction.

He moves away from the charred wisteria tree and towards the forest on the opposite side of the lake, where he knows a small clearing is hidden at the base of one of Hyaline's small bordering mountains. His gait is unhurried and leisurely as he turns his amber gaze towards the clear sky, taking in the plethora of stars.

The gilded stallion remains silent for some time, but then finally offers quietly, "My mother, Shalla, brought me to the Dunes when I was a yearling. She was pregnant with Iset and Sakir at the time." He had told Tang months ago that he would tell her about his past when he was closer with his siblings. But now they were even further away from him, and Amet is starting to feel the effects of their absence.

He needs someone to know him. He needs it to be Tang.

"The King of the Dunes made Shalla his Queen in exchange for her children. When she gave birth to my siblings, He had already been using me as his punching bag for three months. Iset and Sakir were excluded from any physical punishment until they were half a year, and then..." his lips twitch into a deeper frown as they pause in the middle of the clearing, having made it through the small copse of trees, "Iset always had it the worst. She had no fear. We fought a lot, because I wanted to protect her but she wouldn't let me. She was too headstrong."

The golden stallion leans his shoulder on Tang, his eyes still roaming the open sky overhead.

"Sakir was the one who held us together. They were always inseparable."

He pauses for a long while.

"I don't know how to fix this."
    Amet

@[Tangerine]

Messages In This Thread
    kiss away the bad dreams - by Tangerine - 06-28-2017, 10:55 AM
    RE: kiss away the bad dreams - by Amet - 07-01-2017, 03:00 PM
    RE: kiss away the bad dreams - by Tangerine - 07-02-2017, 08:16 PM
    RE: kiss away the bad dreams - by Amet - 07-08-2017, 03:08 PM
    RE: kiss away the bad dreams - by Tangerine - 07-12-2017, 05:30 PM
    RE: kiss away the bad dreams - by Amet - 07-15-2017, 07:28 PM