• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

kiss away the bad dreams
    if there's a light at the end, it's just the sun in your eyes

He relaxes into Tang's gentle touch, his bright eyes fluttering closed though his head remains facing skyward. He feels... different, now that he has shared his past with the painted mare. He worries that his admission will change her vision of him, but the young Akhal-Teke also feels lighter now that his secret is not his own. Amet wants to tell her the rest, needs to tell her the rest, but for a moment, he hesitates.

And so Tang breaks the silence before he can do so, reminding the young King that everybody makes mistakes. He frowns involuntarily. Leaning his plated frame again into her touch, Amet forces his eyes to open, to blink away the tears that threaten to spill from his amber gaze. "I left her and Sakir in the Dunes," his voice is rushed and shaky, guilt gnawing at the edge of his words, "When I came to Beqanna. I just left them there." He expels a frustrated sigh and kicks a front hoof against the ground, thankful that it is dark enough to keep his tears a secret from his friend. His first friend. His best friend.

"Do you think she did this to get back at me?" His inquiry is rushed and overflowing with worry, as if he can't get them out fast enough. "I don't think she ever forgave me." He can't blame his sister, and never has. He had been a boy, scared and hurt, when he had snuck from the Dunes in the middle of the night. Amet's victory had been bittersweet, his reunion with the twins the same. "I don't want to not know where she is. She belongs in Hyaline. But I.." he groans and lowers his dragon-like head towards the ground, "I told her not to come back until she was ready to be Queen. I wanted to punish her, but I think I was too harsh."

"I don't know how to figure out what's right, Tang. I just want to do what's right."
    Amet

@[Tangerine] - sorry this is a lil short, i wanted to get it to you like... 3 days ago lmao ♥

Messages In This Thread
    kiss away the bad dreams - by Tangerine - 06-28-2017, 10:55 AM
    RE: kiss away the bad dreams - by Amet - 07-01-2017, 03:00 PM
    RE: kiss away the bad dreams - by Tangerine - 07-02-2017, 08:16 PM
    RE: kiss away the bad dreams - by Amet - 07-08-2017, 03:08 PM
    RE: kiss away the bad dreams - by Tangerine - 07-12-2017, 05:30 PM
    RE: kiss away the bad dreams - by Amet - 07-15-2017, 07:28 PM
    RE: kiss away the bad dreams - by Tangerine - 07-17-2017, 04:36 PM
    RE: kiss away the bad dreams - by Amet - 07-21-2017, 07:35 PM
    RE: kiss away the bad dreams - by Tangerine - 07-26-2017, 08:51 AM
    RE: kiss away the bad dreams - by Amet - 07-30-2017, 08:13 AM
    RE: kiss away the bad dreams - by Tangerine - 08-16-2017, 09:53 AM