• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

kiss away the bad dreams
    if there's a light at the end, it's just the sun in your eyes

She pulls him closer, his leather-plated frame melding into her painted one. Tears still threaten to spill from Amet's amber eyes, but he keeps them clenched tightly closed as Tang whispers into his ear. You have to forgive that boy. He exhales slowly and shakily, realizing the truth in her words almost instantaneously. The young King nods hesitantly against her but remains silent for a few moments, letting the surrounding sounds of Hyaline's nighttime partake in the conversation.

When he admits to Tang what he had said to Iset during their last conversation, the Akhal-Teke stallion is briefly worried that she will be disappointed in him, or in his actions. Instead, she offers him more guidance, and Amet wonders if he will ever learn that disappointment is not an emotion that is familiar to Tang. She is a good soul, a kind soul, and he knows he is lucky to have her friendship. "You are so special to me," he admits a few long seconds after she reminds him that it is nearly spring, "Thank you, Tang. For everything."

His guilt has subsided for the time being, Amet more emotionally fatigued than he had ever felt. He leans into the mare's touch as her soft muzzle plays at his cheek and he nickers warmly to her. "Hyaline needs new allies, I think," the dragon King muses quietly as he lips back at the painted lady, "and I'd like to start with Tephra. I was impressed with Offspring, but mostly I want more reason to cross paths with Warrick." The golden stallion's lips twitch into a small smile. Where he had expected jealousy, he finds none. Instead, there is only warmth. "I understand your fondness of him."
    Amet

@[Tangerine]

Messages In This Thread
    kiss away the bad dreams - by Tangerine - 06-28-2017, 10:55 AM
    RE: kiss away the bad dreams - by Amet - 07-01-2017, 03:00 PM
    RE: kiss away the bad dreams - by Tangerine - 07-02-2017, 08:16 PM
    RE: kiss away the bad dreams - by Amet - 07-08-2017, 03:08 PM
    RE: kiss away the bad dreams - by Tangerine - 07-12-2017, 05:30 PM
    RE: kiss away the bad dreams - by Amet - 07-15-2017, 07:28 PM
    RE: kiss away the bad dreams - by Tangerine - 07-17-2017, 04:36 PM
    RE: kiss away the bad dreams - by Amet - 07-21-2017, 07:35 PM
    RE: kiss away the bad dreams - by Tangerine - 07-26-2017, 08:51 AM