• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

call me the world's sexiest killing machine; roma

The night is dark...
    “What about you? I get wanting to wander, but you’re welcome to hang out here if you like, for as long as you like. The company would be really damn nice, and Kali clearly loves you already. You’re her very first sleepover friend. Plus, it’s...it’s really nice seeing you again, Roma.”

Be still my heart. I can’t help but duck my eyes away from his, turning to look down at Kali with a small smile, my nose touching her lightly and breathing in her scent with a small happy smile. “I love her too, she’s absolutely adorable.” I say it softly, trying to temper the way that my heart galloped in my chest with those last words of his. What in the hell was wrong with me? I had lusted after a few stallions, but never, never had this happened.

”Some day you will look at someone and realize that your heart no longer beats in your chest. You will realize that somehow, the sneaky little bastards crept into your chest when you weren’t looking and took your heart with them when they left. You will look at this other someone, or someones, and realize that there is no possible way in hell you would have a life worth living without them, that life would be this dreary existence where you are just barely living. But with them there, at your side, the possibilities are endless. There is sadness and struggles, but with them there, it’s bearable. Somehow you can still breath past the glass in your chest and in your lungs.” Father had taken a breath, pausing to take a long look just across the clearing at Momma and the Uncles before his dark black eyes came back to me. “And when you find someone like that, baby, you hang on tight to them. You fight for them. You don’t let them give up and you don’t give up yourself, okay? You do everything you can.”

Fuck.

I am quiet as I take a long, studying look at Kerberos, Father’s words still ringing in my ears. The guy he was now, sure, it was easy to love him. It was easy to fall head over heels for him as I watched him with Kali. It was easy to see how different he was than before. A small smile curled my lips, he still had snark in spades. I was glad that hadn’t changed, I found myself enjoying the sass. But the edge that he had carried was gone, the edge that you could easily find yourself bleeding from. That had left him.

“Yeah, it’s pretty nice to see you again too Kerberos.” I say, finally and if I could have blushed I just might have then when I realize that I had been staring at him long enough without any words. “I would love to stay here with you two. Wandering only has an appeal if you are looking for new adventures. I would much rather be surrounded by those I love.”
    ...and full of terrors.

Messages In This Thread
    RE: call me the world's sexiest killing machine; roma - by Roma - 07-04-2017, 07:53 AM