• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

call me the world's sexiest killing machine; roma
    She looks down at Kali, and I can see the love on her face before she even says it. I’m not the least bit surprised, though. It’d be hard not to love her, hard to resist the light in her angel eyes. I lean down to, pressing a soft kiss to her forehead, staying a moment to breathe in her scent, one that had wrapped itself right around my heart. My Kali.

“Yeah, she’s pretty great, huh? Her big brother and sister are too. Kylin’s a shy little thing, but so sweet. Soft in ways I could never be, she sure as hell didn’t get that from me. But she’s starting to come into her own. I wasn’t around right away for her and Kharon, and it’s taken me longer to get close to her. I’m not great at girls and feelings and shit, boys are way easier, but I’m trying, anyhow. For her. Thank fuck Kali’s still little and easy. And Kharon…”

I trail off, grinning up at her with a mischievous glint in my eyes. “He’s a lot like me. Not so much mouth on him, mind, but he’s my spitting image except for the metal, and one of the first things he ever said to me was that I was gorgeous, just like him and Ky. He’s a good kid, tries his damndest to be a good son and a good brother, and I’m so damn proud of him. Of all three of them.” My grin edges toward a smirk, and I add. “Gotta say, I make damn fine kids. See? He gets his modesty from me.”

But seriously though. I meet that quiet, solemn gaze of hers head on. “I know how much family means to you. And I can’t even imagine how hard it must be for you without them. I know it’s not the same, but if you want, I’ll be your family for as long as you need. You’ve been alone a long time. And I know you’re damn good at taking care of yourself. But it’s my honor to welcome you to Ischia, to my little family, to our home.”

I lean in, press a kiss to her forehead, and pull back to smile at her. “For as long as you’ll have us. But watch out for this one,” a nod at Kali, deep asleep with her head on Roma’s shoulder. “She plays dirty, and I don’t think she’s gonna let you go.” Learned it from the best, of course.
    Bite my shiny metal ass.

Messages In This Thread
    RE: call me the world's sexiest killing machine; roma - by Kerberos - 07-04-2017, 11:00 PM