• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Like a flower waiting to bloom - Ivar
    kylin
    html code by Toli, design idea based on "Dovev" by Laura

Like a flower waiting to bloom.
    Though he surely would’ve been able to, he doesn’t pass her by. Kylin is so aware of his presence right behind her. Every brush, every bump, she feels it all. Every touch send a bolt of enthusiasm through her too, so much that Kylin can barely keep her feet on the ground. It’s tempting, very tempting.

But nothing compared to the conflicted feelings that rush through her the moment his muzzle touches her side as he passes her by. Mid run she gasps for breath, the sudden wave of desire hitting her hard. If not for the equally as powerful wave of enthusiasm – and his challenge – Kylin would’ve stopped dead in her tracks. Ivar’s touch and faint touch of hypnosis makes her stumble for a moment, forcing her to slow down before she’s able to run after him. ”Yah!” she exclaims. He couldn’t be beating her in hér familiar jungle.

However, she does. He beats her to the beach. Panting she slides to a stop, passing him by in the process and kicking the sand up all around them. When Ivar steps up beside her, she turns her head to look at him, then following his gaze towards the other side of sea. Her sides heave with every breath she takes, but it doesn’t stop her from following him towards the waterline. Waves hit her hooves, then she steps on top of them. Kylin keeps up with him, the only difference is that he sinks deeper and deeper into the water while she danced upon the waves. ”How will you make up to me if I don’t?”

She takes off with that tease. The excitement is still in het system, pushing her forward when her limbs should’ve gotten tired from her run. Maybe it’s the water too, carrying her weight as it’s the most natural thing in the world. To Kylin it is. She doesn’t slow down until she reach the shallow waters, the waves rolling on the beach not far from her. Probably not too big of a shock that she’s panting once again.

Her heart is beating fast in her chest, and her pulse isn’t only high because of the exercise. She’s exited, thrilled even, but not willing to explore that what Ivar wanted to show her without him. Kylin gazes out on the sea, breathing in the familiar salty air. It’s difficult to keep still and be patient, but watching the effect of the setting sun on the water, it was enough to keep her temporary distracted.

@[kahzie]

I V A R
    i'll use you as a makeshift gauge of how much to give and how much to take
    Though he’s the one that had suggested she run across the waves, some part of him regrets it. She floats atop the water as easily as a feather. That’s her gift, he knows, but he can’t help but want her in the water beside him. Maybe later, he thinks as she prances atop the sea.

He follows easily, swimming beneath the surfaces as she races across it. Her taunting question of how he will make it up to her had drawn a honey slow smile from the piebald colt, and he’d told her that “We’ll talk about that after you see it.”

The surety that she will enjoy this place is solid; who wouldn’t?

She stops in the shallows and Ivar stands beside her, the water lapping at his pale legs

“See those?” he says, gesturing to several large mounds near the dune line on the beach. “You’re going to want to keep a close eye on them once the moon comes up.” As he says this, he glances up at the horizon. The sun is all but gone, and he knows the moon will be full and rising soon. They have a while to wait though; there is no rushing mother nature.

Kylin seems enthused though, perhaps enough so that what he plans to show her might be startled by her prancing. With the sea to stand on she is taller than he is, but he is still able to reach her shoulder with his muzzle. “You’ve gotta be still,” he tells her with his mouth against her skin. She tastes of sweat and the sea and the desire from before rises to the surface.

He pulls away shortly after; he won’t risk their friendship.

He also doesn’t want to risk her missing the sea turtles hatching and running to the sea.

kelpie mimicry | dragon scales | tactile hypnosis
    kylin

For a moment she had thought of swimming alongside with Ivar, but then decided against it. There was no way she would’ve made it all the way to the mainland. The sea with its currents was so very different than a still pond. The distance was much larger too. Later Kylin would join him in the water, but not without some practising first.

”We’ll talk about that after you see it.” With her thoughts all to herself and her attention on the running, while Ivar swam in the sea somewhere beside her, Kylin wondered for a short moment if she should Ivar she didn’t like it. Just to see how he would make up to her. But then again, lying wasn’t something in her nature.

It feels odd to stand upon the water, while he still stands on the sandy bottom of the sea. Though, from her high position it’s easier to watch the dunes he gestured at. ”Yes” she had told him, nodding her dished head ever so slightly before quickly glancing at Ivar besides her. After that, her hazel eyes were on the sky. No moon yet, but soon.

Slowly Kylin’s gaze moves back towards the dune line, lavender ears pinned forward as she’s eager to see what Ivar wanted to show her. Her breathing evens out as they wait, but excitement still lingers. Then she finds herself frozen, the rush of desire hitting her a couple of seconds later. She gasps for breath and that’s the only thing she can do. Her body trembles lightly, but she’s unable to move. ”I-I..Ivar” she mumbles stiffly, panic winning over desire now he’s no longer touching her.

What is this? What is going on? Her attempts to move are all futile, hooves refusing to lift off the sea that serves as ground. She cannot turn her neck and look away, but looking at the corner of her eyes she tries to look at Ivar, her heartbeat and breathing speeding up the longer she’s unable to move.

”P-pl-plea-se.. W-hat.. what is t-this?”

OOC: Sorry not sorry (A)

I V A R
    The sun is little more than a distant glow on the western horizon, sinking quickly behind the rolling hills that Ivar knows belong to Loess. To the north the moon is rising, casting weak light on the sweeping dunes and the pale sand of the beach. The Tephran volcano keeps the water here as warm as that of Ischia, so even though the air is chill with winter Ivar feels more than comfortable in the water.

There are a few fish in the water beside him, and they slip curiously around his hooves in the shallow water. He’s distantly aware of Kylin’s presence beside him, their heights matching now with her added inches from the water. His scaled mouth is still warm from having touched her a moment ago, but the contented smile falls away as he hears Kylin’s gasp.

He turns toward her, confusion flashing in his dark eyes.

There doesn’t seem to be anything wrong with her, and there’s nothing in the water that might have frightened her. Still, the way she says his name is not right, nor is the way her eyes roll to better look at him. He takes a step closer, the water splashing at his fetlocks, and the roar of the surf dies away as he focuses.

(hear her heart. so fast. just for me.)

Her fluttering heart rate and rapid breathing are almost overwhelming. Ivar wants to slow them and amp them up simultaneously, and the way he presses his muzzle to the hollow of her throat is proof of that first instinct. Her pulse hammers against his soft mouth, so close he could take it between his teeth– if he wanted. And he does want it, wants it very badly,

(for me. mine now. all mine.)

But the panic in her voice reaches another part of him, and the split second of awed touch become a hard press before he’s consciously processed any of these thoughts. He’s trying to push her now, to move her. She complies, and he’s able to move her neck to the side a little too easily. She’s not trapped, he thinks, just doesn’t seem able to move herself.

“Don’t worry,” he says as he nudges the back of her foreleg with his head, trying to see if he can make her step forward and toward the beach. “You can do it,” he says encouragingly, “You can move if you really try.” He doesn’t know this, of course, and nor does he realizes that his previous command to stay still will likely be cancelled by the one to move.

kylin

Tears are starting to well up in her eyes and she cannot even blink them away. She’s aware of Ivar right beside her, perhaps even too aware, but it’s all she can hold on to right now. However, the confusion in his eyes only make her panic more. What was happing to her? Why couldn’t she move?

Even if Kylin would’ve wanted to move away from his touch – which would’ve been a very natural thing to do, as the throat was such a sensitive part of the body – she cannot. Her heart skips a beat and another gasp is all she can do. For a moment she doesn’t know if his touch cams her down or frightens her even more. All the things he could do to her, and Kylin wouldn’t be able to stop him.

No. He’s her friend. Ivar wouldn’t hurt her, would he?

But he also was the one that had told her to be still, just before she found herself unable to move. At the same time, he seemed pretty confused and concerned about the matter either.

Her body moves for his touch, not like dead weight, but more like a doll you could position in whatever way you liked. Kylin can neither will her muscles to move, nor stop them from moving. Like that her neck bends, forcing her to look into the opposite direction of where Ivar was standing. She knows he’s close. She can feel him and see him just out of the corner of her eye, but she cannot see what he’s doing.

Next is her leg, but this time he doesn’t push through, doesn’t pull her leg up. But Kylin can no longer worry about it. Just as he had told her to hold still, he now told her not to worry, and she doesn’t. Her heartbeat and breathing slows and her muscles visibly relax. Serene calmness washes over her, taking all her worry and fear. ”I can’t” she tells him, honestly and unfazed. So completely opposite of how she had been moments before.

The wind picks up a little as she still stands frozen on top of the water. They tug on her mane and tail, making them sway gently. Her sides move too, but only because of her breath, that part wasn’t affected. Kylin didn’t control it though, some other force was. But Ivar had told her not to worry, and thus does she not give the thought any mind.

OOC: I try to avoid 'reaction' replies in which I don't add any new, but honestly, that's hard with a pony frozen in place XD. Or that's what I understood, that he hasn't cancelled the hypnotism that keeps her frozen in place.

I V A R
    Hypnosis was never something that his parents had thought to warn him of. Why would they? It runs in neither family, not even as anything similar. He should just be a normal boy. As normal as the son of a water dragon and a genie could ever be, that is.

The way that she bends beneath his touch is equal parts terrifying and exhilarating. It is nothing his instincts have a reaction for, but the cacophony of clashing impulses makes it difficult for him to act. Hesitant, he pulls away after a failed attempt to move her leg. He expects to see the panic in her eyes, and for a moment he doesn’t catch the absence. It’s only when Ivar’s own blood begins to cool in response to her slowing heart rate does he notice. She isn’t worried anymore.

He had told her not to worry.

“Walk to shore,” he tells her as he nudges her shoulder forward. They are touching only briefly, but it is enough contact for him to speak. It’s enough for him to make her compliant to his command. With baited breath, he waits to see the result of his first conscious attempt at hypnosis.

Ahead of them the moon is beginning to rise, and far below the dunes life is beginning to stir. Ivar’s focus is elsewhere, on his lavender friend who he can only hope is making her way across the last stretch of water between them and solid land. Once she is ashore – safe - he can worry about undoing whatever it is he has managed to do.

Ooc: that’s totally fine! And yep, though now he’s using it to tell her to make it to dry land Tongue
    kylin

She should be afraid, quite terrified actually, but she isn’t. The weird thing is, is that she knows she should be. But even that thought doesn’t spook her. It’s actually pretty nice, except for the part of not being able to move. Kylin would have to admit that the view was pretty and the salty sea wind that toyed with her mane and tail felt nice too. It was all just a little… strange.

Her gaze is a little off, to the right as that was the direction Ivar had bend her in. She’s still looking at the beach though, quite fascinated by what she was seeing actually. Especially now she felt quite at ease with the whole situation. And the sight was one to behold.

The sand was moving, first ever so slightly, but slowly getting more visible. If she would’ve been able to, Kylin would’ve tilted her head at the sight. Nothing yet to see, but the first promise of what would soon be seen was there. But then: ”Walk to the shore”, together with a brief touch upon her shoulder. And she does, without questioning it either.

The beach isn’t far away, just a couple of steps and Kylin stands on the shore. For a moment she stands still, fulfilling the task he had consciously given her. She gasps, body shaking now that’s she’s free. Free of the spell that had kept her frozen, free of the enthusiasm and desire that had previously coursed through her veins and no longer without fear either.

She spins around, kicking the sand around them, to face him. ”What happened?” she asks, voice trembling and ears flicking back and forth. She assumes Ivar does know, after all, he had told her to walk to the beach and that had been her clue of release. She’s scared, confused, pretty upset too.

”Did.. did you..?” Kylin doesn’t know what to ask, not knowing what it exactly was that had happened to her. She needs him to assure her, tell her that he wasn’t to blame, but that he would keep her safe. That she was safe.

I V A R
    Kylin does exactly as Ivar commands.

Still torn between exhilaration and terror, the young stallion follows her closely, wading through the shallows until he can stand beside the filly. The full moon that has risen overhead has blanched her lavender pelt so that she seems almost to glow. The ethereal impression it creates does nothing to calm the storm of emotions within the scaled colt, and it is all he can do to keep himself from stepping forward when she gasps.

IVar wants to hold her tight, to squeeze the fear away with his embrace, and reassure her that she is safe.

He can’t though, not when he is the one that had made her fearful in the first place.

She’s spun to face him and he is shifting his weight from side to side. He looks both ready to run and ready to stand, waivering from one to the other as she watches him with wide and questioning eyes. She knows it was him. Why else would she stammer the question? Why else?

“I…” he stutters as the dune behind him breaks open. “I didn’t mean to. I don’t know how, I didn’t, I…” The first hatchling turtle crawls free, and one by one its siblings emerge from the sand. They race toward the sea but Ivar has eyes only for Kylin. She’s going to run from him, he knows. Run back, across the sea to Ischia. He will not blame her, not when he’s used…whatever it is this is, against her.

His brown eyes are dark with concern and worry, but he holds himself back. He wants to move closer so desperately, but he is very sure that it will scare her away even faster.

kylin

As she walks to the beach, following the command he had given her, she’s so aware of his presence. He’s right beside her, but never touching. By the time she’s free, of whatever held her in its grasp and she spins around to face him, he’s still there. Kylin doesn’t know for sure if he’s ready to bolt or will stand his ground. And she’s conflicted over what she would like him to do.

Or not, not really. She was hoping for an explanation that would free him off all guilt. That he hadn’t meant to do.. whatever it was Ivar did. Tell her that it won’t happen again, that she would be safe. And he could still be her friend.

Although Kylin’s gaze is locked on Ivar, she’s painfully aware of the sea to her right. Of her way home. She wouldn’t have to wait for the sandbank to appear, she could just cross the water and go home. But.. did she really want to?

Well yes, she did. But at the same time did not. ”Y-you di-didn’t?” she asks, voice quivering. Just like every other part of her. Her hazel eyes, all teary, are locked on Ivar, but each and every part of her is ready to bolt. She just hopes she doesn’t have to. ”W-what.. What didn’t you mean to..?” She needs to hear him say it. She wants him to say it.

Especially because of the look in his eyes. Full of worry and concern. Kylin takes a small, hesitant step forward, almost as if she was wordlessly pleading him to tell her it was all good and fine. But, she was still ready to bolt if whatever Ivar would say wouldn’t be that.

I V A R
    “Do… Do that.” he stammers. Neither of them seem capable of coherent sentences. Neither of them want to name whatever it was that had just happened. Kylin though, does not have the knowledge that Ivar does: that he was responsible. That it was his fault. It’s his responsibility to name it, otherwise she’s going to run away across the ocean and never come back.

(i could do it again)

The thought comes unbidden and instantly.

(make her forget that i even did it. make it easier. easier for her.)

In that moment she steps forward. She comes closer, and Ivar bridges the smaller gap between them with his nose. He touches her muzzle with his own but doesn’t stop there. Pressing forward, he only steps when his head is pressed to the ridge where her neck meets her shoulder.

(it would be so much easier for her. i should do it.)

He doesn’t though, doesn’t say the words in just that tone of voice. He recognizes it now, that thrum of power in the adult way his voice deepens, the way her eyes cloud for an instant before she does whatever he might command. He could command her to forget, but instead he stammers out the much more difficult truth, because that is what Kylin deserves.

“I think I hypnotized you,” he tells her with his head buried in her shoulder, too ashamed to look her in the eye. “I didn’t mean to though. I didn’t…I didn’t even know I could.” He puts together the purposeful contact and the previous accident and suddenly draws away, his eyes wide. “I won’t ever do it again,” he tells her adamantly, “I mean it. I promise.”