• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

while my heart collapses like old clay;

Grey. Everything was Grey. Her heart, her soul, the skies, her outlook on life. Everything was cold, right down to her bone. She'd been bitter. Cold and bitter and lost and alone. It hadn't been a great life after leaving Orange County. She remembered fondly now, how Hakeem had been a caring and astute steed to her mother, how he had been a fatherly figure to her growing up. But it all came too much, she grew bitterly twisted as the seasons changed from winter, to spring, when the leaves fell in autumn on the County, she had disappeared. Alone. Far away, but never far enough. She saw all but said nothing. Was cool and calm, but inside a tempest rage boiled.

The blue roan mare wandered the meadow; as vast and vacant today as her mind. She had her wings stretched out but lazily dragging on the ground as she walked, each footfall seemed to take an eternity. She wondered if her mother's bleak outlook on life was hereditary, but often pinned her ears at the thought.

She was never going to be like Locket. she couldnt. She wouldn't.

But part of the blue lady thought that maybe, maybe she was half way here. But whereas Locket would die eventually. Nyryn was cursed to live on and on.

Such a bleak existence, an ageless and bleak existence. She was unsure whether or not the Forest Frontiers was a permanent fixture or a temporary boarding, but she needed space to think, space to contemplate.

And contemplate, with the world on her shoulders, Nyryn did.

• charon x locket • wings, immortality •
    html by charmx, image by fallenangelgirl on deviantart
    Sincerely, 
    Nyryn
    The stallion walked around the trees, thinking, thinking about Nyryn, he hoped she would stay with him, he knew what it was like having a bad past, but the spirits haf cured him, the forest had cured him, the stallion lived here for years until he finally became ok with his past, Aziz lay down on the soft inviting ground, he closed his eyelids and saw her flying, he saw a herd moving through the trees foraging, a dream worth thinking about, the stallion would never think of taking this home away from her, his father diablo would invite mares and then take everything away from them, Aziz wouldn't dare to follow his steps. The stallion awoke with a jolt as a herd of bison was heard stampeding in the distance, the stallion got up and started to walk to the frontier.
    [Image: N3F7IUd.png]
    She heard him before she saw him, his ink and White body sticking out in the growing green backdrop. He walked the borders like a King with a haphazard crown. Her blue and brown eyes followed him, he made no attempts of talking to her, just as well, she was unsure how to approach him. He'd offered her home, s place to stay snd how she repaid him was being distant. Cold. But how was the blue mare meant to do something she was unsure about herself?

"What do you want from me, Aziz?" Her voice is hushed, low, but she is near him, her dark neck extending, ears pinning against her poll but twitching involuntarily. She listened to his breathing. Very real and very there. He was not a nightmare before her mismatched eyes. She was uncertain of living in a dream upon a mystical forest.

"I don't know... I don't know what I can give."
    Sincerely, 
    Nyryn
    She asked a question as he walked, he came closer and answered it "you can give, and you have given, just think about" the stallion spoke softly with a warm and freindly look, he looked into her eyes and studied them for a while befor finally looking away to watch the birds nesting, the stallion looked back at her admiring her wings, she still looked to be troubled and then the stallion lay his head slowly on her back, trying to reassure her, the stallion hoped she would back away.
    Her mismatched eyes, ocean and night, light and darkness, they watched him, a scrutiny that went on for what seemed an eternity. Nyryn was quiet, silent, even her breaths came shallow, almost non-existant. Her black tipped ears cocked to the side, listening, slowly comprehending what the painted one was saying. Aziz was something else, he was there, all real, all sinew and blood and flesh and bone. He was not some fantasy figure that leapt from her dreams, or nightmares. Perhaps the blue roan should try deeply to comprehend that.

She was as bad as her sister, forgetting what was real and what was not.

"What have I given, Aziz? I'm lost in a world preoccupied with every little lie, every little truth. I've given no one, nothing, except burdens sometimes." her words are slow, almost a whisper. She doesn't like admitting things, she would rather them burden her insides like some rotting black hole. "I feel like I burden you."

Her silence, it strains her body, her mind, so she ruffles her black wings and shakes her dark face. Tendrils of midnight fall over her neck, her eyes, as she extends her muzzle and trails it over the stallion's neck, he's soft, he's alive and very much a heart beneath solid skin.

"You've given me a chance at something, you've given me a home, and I.. I don't quite know what to do with it. How to thank you. I just... I don't know what to give you in return."
    Sincerely, 
    Nyryn
    He listened quietly to her soft voice "you don't have to give anything in return, you have accepted this place and that is enough for me, all i want is for you to be happy here" the stallion smiled gently and walked away slowly to a patch of grass where he grazed