• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  All I Want [Aurora]
    Diable Rouge
    >
    "In whatever capacity you allow me to, Rou," Relief escapes from his crimson lips, and he smiles gently. She would stay, she would let him attempt to become a better being - god, it meant everything to him. 

The rusty stallion gestures forward, as the sunset paints the sky with various hues of orange and pink. The tide would rise soon, and he thought it wise to step off the gray sanded beach and show her around, to somewhere more cozy and less exposed. Strong legs move him forward, into Tephra's tropical grassland (showing her his home was only the sign of a true gentleman). The chaser glances back at her, two-toned orbs softening as he stares at the caramel belle. 

"You'll get used to the heat," He tells her as they stroll, colorful sunset turning into a black night. The closer they get to the volcano, the warmer and more humid the air becomes, and a thin layer of perspiration trickles down his frame (by now he is well used to it). "It gets a little cooler in winter." He could kick himself - really, he's talking about the weather now?

Leading her to a thicket of trees, hidden to the rest of the world, he stops. Unless he decided to guard the borders at night, he tended to come to this small thicket to rest in. Tephra didn't allow much hiding room, but in some cases there were little volcanic coves or tropical groves to hide in. "We can rest here, if you like. And I could show you the rest of my home in the morning...if you'd like?" A pleasant pause as he awaits her reply.  
    in the eye of a hurricane, there is quiet.

@[AuroraElis] <3

Her words are well received as a sigh escapes him.  Doubts in his mind put to rest. For now.  He is quick to motion forwards.  She smiles and happily obliges.  

Hooves find the firm ground easier to walk upon.  It does not give so easily under her weight.  They walk nearly side by side, eyes looking out to the multi-hued skies.  Painted delicate shades of coral and salmon.  His eyes finding hers just before he comments on the heat.  Shifting her wings they rise slightly allowing the breeze to pass under them and against her carmel hide.  The gown wasn't handy for much other than a coating protector.  They had no use for flight and she hadn't wondered if they could do much else.  It gets cooler in the winter, he adds.  The expression on his face faulters slightly and she giggles.  

As darkness swept over the land he leads them into a brushy area.  Sheltered from the rest of the kingdom.  Navy golden-flecked eyes glance around as he comments to his abode.  "It's lovely Rou," offering a grateful smile.  She presses her shoulder into the dip between his neck and chest.  Then bringing the dished profile of her face to rest gently against his masculine nape.  Her eyes shuttering softly as she leans into him...

AuroraElis

Not all that Glitters is Gold

@[Diable Rouge]

If you wanna reply then I can start a new thread taking place the next morning. Or you can start a new thread and end this one here.  Whichever Smile
    Diable Rouge
    >
    I should just cut all my losses and reside to the truth...

In this moment, the world around them fades - there are no duties, there are no pasts, simply him and her and the pitch night around them. She is there, head tucking gently beneath the crook of his solid neck, eyes fluttering off into a distant slumber. And suddenly he feels as though maybe his life could be more than a black room, more than the horrendous circumstances he had come to know. He moves himself around her, crown tucking her protectively into his breast. His mother has been taken too soon, Kaiode had been taken way too soon...he would not allow another horse he cared about be taken by the cruel claws of death. 

His satellites are flicked forward, hesitant to fall in case of any impending intruders. But the sound of Aurora's soft rhythmic breaths cause the light in his eyes to disintegrate, and he is soon fast asleep. Tonight, he does not dream, for he has a dream come true. 

...This whole time I've been searching, I've been searching for you. 
    in the eye of a hurricane, there is quiet.

@[AuroraElis]

Sorry about the corny ass ending xD Feel free to start something new Smile