• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Sigh No More; Kreios

There was to be an adventure. Nymeria couldn’t be more excited to go on an exploration with Kreios. There was no better way to learn the world but with a friend and partner. The ram horned steed had captured her and now he was to lead her. Nymeria with a bright expression nudged Kreios gently. Her nose touched his and she quietly whispered with eyes set on him. ”Misty rapids it is.” She pulled away. ”Point me in the direction and we shall race!” She could feel her heart begin to pump at a much quicker pace. Adrenaline soon went surging through her body and once Kreios had lent a hand she bolted in the direction of their destination.

They traveled north and as they ran together the sound of raging water could be heard on the horizon. The noise only caused Nymeria to increase her pace. Heavy snorts could be heard over her pounding hooves, and sweat began to form along the boney edges of her ribs and shoulders. Soon the air around her turned thick with fog, which led Nymeria to slow her gallop. She eventually stopped when she heard the crunching of wildflowers beneath her hooves. ”Wow….” She mumbled with dilated eyes that had grown to the size of saucers. The tinge of mist curled around her mane and settled on her back sending a shiver down her spine. ”Ooo…bit chilly” She shuttered.

@[Kreios] –we shall spam the boards xD
    nymeria
    mare of orange country

kreios

don't you tame your demons, but always keep them on a leash

Her excitement is contagious, and I can feel the adrenaline spinning through my veins. “It’s that way,” I say, pointing with my pale nose toward the north. She chalelnges me to a race and I laugh but nod regardless. She’ll win; though powerful I am not an incredibly quick or agile creature. I do try though, keeping pace with her and thanking the endurance that I have built up through a lifetime of training. The sound of water is drowned for quite a long time by the thunder of our hooves, but as the bare earth gives way to damp moss the noise of it grows louder.

“Woah,” I say nearly at the same time as Nymeria expresses her own awe at the night in front of us. Though I have no always lived in an arid land, I’d almost forgotten the way that fog feels against the skin. I had only ever seen it on a few cool mornings in the Dale, and it always burned away by mid-morning. The way that slides against my hair and beads on each individual hair is a unique sensation and I shudder. Nymeria is doing the same and I lean over to press my shoulder against hers, knowing that I’m at least a little warmer than the foggy air.

There is a stone bridge not terribly far from where we stand, and I approach it curiously. It’s larger than the others I see and more stable looking as well. Still, I stomp a few times to be sure that it’s sturdy before venturing out farther. It’s wide enough for me to turn around and look back at Nymeria, and as I do something catches my eye. “Hey look,” I say, gesturing toward something that she probably can’t see from her position. “If you stand right here the light and the water make a rainbow. Come look!”