• Logout
  • Beqanna

version 22: awakening

COTY

Wolfbane -- Year 210

QOTY

"She presses into him greedily, hungrily, and demands more. She does not know how to be gentle when she is with him—does not know how to quell the aching in her belly, the neediness in her touch. She would devour him whole. She would sacrifice herself completely. She would give and give and give—" --Tabytha, written by Laura

[database]  Trait Database Updates
    If you have a trait that is not in the database and needs to be added, please post here with:

- Name of the Trait
    - Description you were given when you got the trait

We will update the description in the database based on our trait guidelines, which may not be exactly the description you provide above. If anything is substantially different, we'll let you know.
    Here to be a pain with some traits I have that aren't in the database. I don't think they ever got a strict definition because all of these are going way back to the ol' days of the boards2go site, so if we've gotta re-work a little bit that's totally okay!

Trickster Magic
    - packaged combo of telekinesis, invisibility, teleportation, shape-shifting, colour-changing
    - had 'consequences' tied in - every time they used their magic the 'Loki' horns on their head would grow and they'd get a colourful spot on their coat which would mark them as tricksters

Boggart
    - ability to shape-shift into whatever someone fears the most

Wendigo
    - black antlers, always appears emaciated/skeletal (almost thestral-like), carnivorous
    - uncontrollably causes nightmares after someone's spent time with him but I'm not sure if this is powerplaying too much now?? It doesn't have to affect others but the idea is that he can't turn that off/on he just has a dark aura about him that'd be easily picked up by others and leave lingering dark thoughts in their minds that manifest as nightmares
    - edit June 7 - I found Velkan/the wendigo's original breeding on the ol' boards and he also has 'extreme melanism' so everything about him is black, from his coat to his muscles and blood.
    Name: Ghost Wings
    Description: None was given by FAF... the trait belongs to Oaks. His sire has unexpressed ghost-shifting, his dam has shadow wings, so I presume it's a mixture of those two traits? Maybe like transparent wings? Or maybe they have a bit of a shimmer/ripple to them like heatwaves but they are otherwise invisible? Or transparent with a wispy/smoky sort of aura? Not sure, definitely wanted to ask Big Grin <3
    Trait Name: Starlight Familiar

And uh, I have no idea where the official definition went. I think it was a birthday trait that I gave to Tyr last year? I looked through any Discords with officers and didn't see it in there, and my personal messages have been cleared out since then. I'm. not sure if there's a distinction between a Familiar and a Companion. I've been playing it as a ball of sentient starlight that visits him at night and helps him navigate/travel. Said ball of light is reminiscent of Calcifer from Howl's Moving Castle (a "fire demon", I guess). If this is completely wrong, I'm sorry and I will fix it.

Edit: Nyx pointed out that Familiars are historically small demons that aided witches and took on the forms of animals. Not sure if that's helpful?
    Torryn earned this trait in Jassal's quest.

Bodach: a creature that feeds on rage and sorrow just as the monster himself does. Those who spend time around Torryn will find themselves experiencing bad luck and, with prolonged exposure, a bit of madness. He can now take on a more canine shape at will and his new body is sculpted from the shadows themselves. As a shadow, he can phase through solid objects, employ negative empathy, cloak himself a fear/sorrow aura, and his movements are now silent.
    Ryatah & her 800 relatives, plus Briseis
    -Goat Mimicry:
    -User can use the abilities of a goat, including: physical appearance (tufted chin/tail); cloven hooves or enhanced balance; and goat horns. Character may have up to 3 characteristics. If there is a fitting characteristic not listed, feel free to contact an owner or officer.

Just had this one made for Yanhua recently. (This is as close to the description as I remember giving in the original Updates thread)
    -Active-
    Yanhua • Eyas
    -Sporadic-
    Wolfbane
    -Sound Manipulation
    --- Sound Manipulation (3-space): Ability to shape and manipulate sound. This includes the ability to change how others hear or perceive a sound, make sounds louder or softer, and change the resonance of any sound. The user can use sound at resonant frequencies to break non-living matter.

-Hippogryph Mimicry
    --- User can use the abilities of a hippogryph, including: wings, talons, paws, beak, super speed, bird of prey vision, love or lust inducement, and egg laying. Character may have up to 3 characteristics. If there is a fitting characteristic not listed, feel free to contact an owner or officer.

-Uncontrollable Gourd Shifting
    --- hahaha i don't expect this to be in the database, but I was told it is a 1-space trait, so I wonder if there should be an entry for "Uncontrollable Shifting"

Also, Lightning Bird Shifting, since that is essentially a subspecies of thunderbird, I'm not sure it requires additional mention, but Kyra did say the shifted form are bus-sized like dragons, so maybe that should be added to the Thunderbird description
    Duplication should be updated to include:
    "you can duplicate physical bodies (so that would include physical traits like wings), but not other traits unless the original loses the ability while the duplicate/clone has it." Per Kyra in Discord