• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[mature]  You’re dripping like a saturated sunrise, anyone

The more reality begins to settle in around her, the more humiliation begins to creep in. The feral mare was never one to admit when she was afraid, at least not when she was consciously aware of it. Wary yes, but rarely fearful. When the wolf speaks of her “possessed” state it only further cements the feeling. She can feel heat as it rises to her cheeks, and thankfully her pitch black coat keeps it from being visible to anyone else, but not having yet perfected the art of fully masking her emotions its doubtful it goes unnoticed by either of her companions. ”I’m not possessed,” she retorts somewhat defensively, snapping a tangled tail against her hocks as though to emphasize the statement.

“I was just...running away from something,” and this is more or less true. No one needs to know that what she was fleeing away from was in fact not real. She shifts her weight away from the stallion she was next to, not having realized she was practically clinging to him - or at least, by her standards she was. But she offers him a faint smile still, even though she was still rather embarrassed by the whole situation.

They introduce themselves, the wolf and the stallion, her dark brown eyes studying them in turn as they speak. ”I’m Briseis,” and then, as an afterthought because she is not accustomed to having a ‘home’, she adds, ”from Hyaline.” Leilan asks what brought her out here, and there is clear hesitation in her willingness to answer. She was not going to tell them she was running from a nightmare, that much she was certain. Instead, she does her best of what could only be considered an equine shrug, offering somewhat nonchalantly, ”I’m still new to Beqanna. In my old home, the things that hunted us were real.” And now she looks to Crevan, an almost amused simper pulling at the corner of her lips as she says, ”We didn’t make small talk with the wolves there.”

briseis.
    you’re ripped at every edge but you’re a masterpiece

Messages In This Thread
    RE: You’re dripping like a saturated sunrise, anyone - by Briseis - 05-29-2018, 06:47 PM