• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[mature]  You’re dripping like a saturated sunrise, anyone

Our skin gets thicker, living out in the snow

CREVAN

So, she’s just boring then.

A simple situation of, “wrong place, wrong time.” He sighs again, tilting a disbelieving face towards the black as she mutely explains the reason for her night-run. Crevan knows she’s lying, he saw her pass unencumbered and certainly alone, but we all have our secrets and clearly she feels the need to keep hers locked away. So be it, the wolf thinks; he has his own dark memories to nurse instead.

“Blame the Gods, then, for making me so damned frightening.” He chuckles softly in reply to Leilan’s introduction. Together, both wolf and stallion turn to hear the mare follow suit. Briseis is her name, another wanderer sent far from her home in Hyaline. The second inhabitant from that Kingdom he’s met out here. Odd, but not to be unexpected. The shifter would be more surprised if she came from Tephra, or even nowhere at all. “Oh small talk is just one of my many talents, Briseis.” He retorts, amused at the sudden uptilt of her lips. For quivering behind Leilan just a moment ago, her grit has certainly returned quick enough.

“Don’t mistake me for something in a storybook, either.” Crevan smiles, managing to turn the action into something sinister, “I’m very, very real.”

Like the snap of one’s fingers, his demeanor changes. The beast yawns wide, eyes closing as his fur wrinkles around the curves of his cheeks, and then he’s turned away from them with one fluid motion. “Since everything seems well and you have no intentions of demonic activity, I suppose my job here is done.” The predator tells them with the tilt of his massive head, indicating subtly that if such a thing were the case he’d be the one to meet it head-on. Let them make of it what they will.

“Take care of her Leilan, no doubt that sense of direction is terrible - what with her being new and all.” He huffs, tickled pink. “If either of you need a big bad wolf, you can find me in Sylva.”

And with that he’s off again, out to chase away the dreams that drove him here in the first place.

@[Briseis] @[Leilan] exit one wolf <3

Messages In This Thread
    RE: You’re dripping like a saturated sunrise, anyone - by Crevan - 05-31-2018, 02:33 PM