• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

A lost minded soul. Looking for Discovery of himself (Anyone)

Black was wondering around endlessly. He was trying to figure out who he was. He had never gotten the up bringings as some of great herd stallions out there. He still had alot to learn, but others always want someone that has experiance in running a herd. This was his first time protecting a piece of land. Would he be able to overcome being so inexperianced? He had wondered away from his kingdom, thinking of so many things. His mind was full of ideas and thoughts that he needed to work out. Before he knew it he was at the gates, he had his head hung alittle low. Not knowing what to feel or say or do. He felt lost and un discovered, would anyone give this stallion a chance?

He stops and his eyes close, thinking about to his childhood. He had a wonderful life or so he thought. He had a wonderful mother who took care of him until he was booted out by the herd leader. He tried to learn everything he could from the lead stallion, but my mother kept me away from him.She said something about he was not good to be around. He wasnt sure what that meant. So he was sent out on his own, learning things and learning to be a stallion. He got together with some bachelor colts that were also shown the same fate kicked out of the only family they've known to be on there own. But we quickly realized the older we became the less we were interested wanting to get back to our mothers. After all it wasnt good to be seen around there mother if you were a stud colt. It made you look childish and fillies and mare wasnt interested in a colt like that.

The smell of others was in the air it was pretty strong, his nose flared taking in all the smells. But he didnt move he figured if anyone was interested in talking to him they would find him. He wanted to really learn to be a good stallion and how to treat a mare and become a good leader. But that would take some time, He was a larger draft looking stallion, he was all black with a very little white star on his forehead. He was muscular and well built, he had a big heart but nothing or anyone to show that heart to. Or to proove what he could do or achieve. There was alot of lonely nights he had endured that he wished would be over. But he didnt want to seem selfish talking about himself, he was a strong stallion that was tired of sitting in the shadows. Where was his break and where was his chance?

~@~ Lightning Blue Star: Mare (Gemstone Ridge Mare)
    ~@~ Black Knight: Stallion

{Voudou || Mare || Pregnant || Gates}
    She watched him.

Her brown orbs were fixed on his muscular figure, following every curve and shadow across his pelt. Voudou kept herself in the tree line, watching the black helion approach the land she had come to call her home. He seemed disheartened and beaten, for whatever reason, but that was none of Voudou's concern. His past wasn't interesting, only his personality, but not in the same ways as one would expect. She wasn't looking to interact with some kind-hearted gentleman that was always too chivalrous and far too polite. Voudou liked the critters who had plenty of buttons that she could push, the characters that allowed her to easily get under their skin and become annoyed. Of course, knowing their past was sometimes helpful, to know where their weaknesses and sensitivities were, but she hardly felt like prying into the brute's childhood.

The charcoal minx finally pulled herself out from behind the cover of the shadows, her round belly making her feel like a whale. God was the kid ever gonna be ready to be born? It felt like she had been pregnant for years and years, pulling the extra weight with her was becoming an increasingly exhausting task. Hell she barely had the energy to drag that body of hers to a standing position in the mornings. Her legs moved her forward towards the stranger that was now prey in her eyes, and she appeared almost... happy. Of course, she wasn't happy, but she had found it to be the best way to begin any conversation that was bound to end badly. If she were to come across and vicious right off the bat then she would end up disregarded. After a while she had simply come to the conclusion that to get under anyone's skin they had to trust her, or at least believe her, for even the smallest amount of time. That moment was always when she would strike, stabbing her victims with the right combination of words and touch.

Voudou stopped only a couple feet away, offering her nose out to greet him. "I'm Voudou. And don't mind the bulging belly, I'm not taken."
    tags Ranger, 359 words.
    notes, kind of a weird/awful post.. I'll be better next one!.

He was standing beneath a tree taking cover from the falling snow of winter. Thinking about the past and how he can improve himself and get himself better. But her thought, he must be doing something right so far if he had land and a single mare. Even though she hasnt been heard from in a while it kept him going. Why should he change who he was for someone? It made him feel strange if he changed, he was a tough stallion. He usually went after something that he liked or wanted. If some mares dont like his approach then they are not for him. He liked mares that could stand his upfront and forward approach. He knew how to protect those like the best stallions around.

But he just wanted to be the best stallion he knew how so maybe some advice to him wouldnt be a bad thing. Maybe come out of the shadows of his Island and become more friendly and see where it takes him. If he stays hidden others will never know what or who he really was. As he was standing there he felt a tickle on his side. He turned his head to look where the tickle was coming from, he noticed a figure right beside him. He pinned his ears to his neck and lifted his left hoof in suprise. He didnt want a confrontation. But he turned to get a better look at the figure. She looked just like him but maybe alittle smaller in height. She was round looked like she was heavy with foal. She looked tired, he had so much respect for mares, they had to bare foals around for a while and birth them. He stepped closer to the figure. She looked worn out and tired, i would be worn out too if i had to carry around a foal all the time.

He arched his neck and flared his nose and snorted. This was his first company in a long while and it was nice to have someone else around besides himself. He extended his neck and pressed his muzzle against her neck and nibbled alittle roughly down. As in not happy with the unexpected company that startled him. You almost got yourself hurt and in trouble there mare he snorted. He said with a firm but straight forward response. He circled the blackened mare like she was his pray and he was circling to come in for a kill. Surveying her body and her on why this mare was here vulnerable to danger and putting her unborn in danger. He wondered what brought this mare in her condition to approach a muscular stallion such as himself. How can i help you Voudou? He bowed his head alittle hello Voudou its nice to meet you i am Black Ranger i am the King of Island Resort.

He was kinda pushy and sometimes with an attitude. He was anything but polite and usually pushed buttons that pushed many mares away. But that was who he was. He liked who he was, he just wished he could get more mares to join his herd. But is usually beaten by other stallions that used charm and niceness to win them. He was trying a new approach maybe it will help. If he cant have any mares then maybe he can sometimes sire some strong foals that will be something one day.

It wasn't often that Voudou was greeted so... rudely. Then again it was probably just karma; she wasn't the sweetest of mares on earth. She could feel his teeth run down her neck, crossing over the wide scar that was little more than bald, grey skin. The vixen felt slightly self-conscious, but held her ground nonetheless, it wasn't as if this brute scared her, though he probably should have. He was an undeniably strong looking creature, every toned muscle rippling with dignified glory beneath his raven pelt. The pair stood out greatly against the white snow, and Voudou felt as though their black silhouettes would be visible for miles if it weren't for the trees. The stag spoke, and Voudou almost chuckled. Hurt? In trouble? She was pregnant, how much more trouble could she possibly get into? Death was hardly terrifying to Voudou, and she liked to think of it as another adventure (unlike the child which she thought of as a burdening curse).

Then he began a circle, analyzing every inch of the mare's body. There were plenty of things she could have said in protest of the movement, but did it really matter? The scar on her left side was quite obvious, he wouldn't have had to move to see it, and the one on her right cheek was usually the first to be seen. There was no hiding her ugly blemishes, and inside she was boiling with anger at the thought of never regaining her former beauty. Her coat used to be flawless, perfectly clean at all times and it was a tool she had always used to her advantage. What man could resist a young, beautiful woman?

Finally he finished his circle, seeming far less aggressive than before. Perhaps the surprise of being approached had finally worn away. And again he spoke, finally offering his own name. Island Resort? What was he doing all the way up here? He already supposedly owned a land, he had no reason to be poking his nose in the Gate's business. Voudou was surprised at her level of defensiveness over the Gates, she didn't even like living here. If she were being honest with herself the only reason she stayed was Jason. As much as the blue stallion annoyed her, she still considered him a friend. Her only friend.

"So, Black Ranger, king of the Island Resort, why do you find yourself up here at the Gates. I know I'm sexy and all but you'll have to wait your turn; spot's taken for this year," she joked, motioning towards her stomach. Voudou didn't bow her head in return, he was the visitor here and she was rude, and she liked being rude, it was fun. She moved slowly, almost as if she were going to circle around him just as he had done to her. Her muzzle ran down his neck, their midnight black forms blending into one shadow against the winter brightness. She stopped just behind his withers to rest her chin on his back, as she always did with the stallions. "Don't worry, I don't bite," she paused for a moment readjusting her position slightly, "Much."
    tags Ranger, 528 words.
    notes, _______.

He stomped his foot making the snow fly up into the air. What kind of stallion you think i am Voudou? Some pansy thats a push over? Think again. He chuckled at the thought she thought he was rude. It was who he was and he was straight forward. He liked to flirt and show his height around. He arched his big black muscular neck when he felt her bite down on his neck. You have to earn the privilege to touch me Voudou. He knew he was muscular and big and sometimes mares were sometimes drawn to him. But he usually let just anyone touch him. But he was wondering why this mare was with foal and why the fool that fathered the foal wasnt around. But then of course he didnt really care, he didnt really want a story of saddness and all of that. They all had that at one point through out there lives.

He looked at her, i would tell you why i am here but do you really want or care to know? He snorted why was she so interested in him and why he was there? If she thought he was rude and pushy. She could easily move on to another stallion if she desired. He wasnt stopping her. But something about her fiestyness caught his attention. She wasnt like the rest. Others wanted to be flirted with but when he would flirt it would be too much. He never really understood mares. But if he wanted to come to the gates he will. Nothing or no one was telling me not to. And unless she was claimed which doesnt seem like it. He was going to continue to talk to her if he wanted. You never answered me, why of all the horses here you want to talk to me? Hmm? As he pushed his nose under her chin pushing her head up to lick under her chin. Then licks down her neck to her stomach to her flank where he stopped waiting for an answer. Giving her flank a little nibble back as she bite him.

Voudou snorted, completely unamused with the conversation so far. He didn't want to be touched, and she didn't care. Voudou wasn't here to impress him, and, as always, she didn't care what he thought. "Ok fine, you don't have to tell me why you're here if you don't want. The only reason I care at all is because we don't get too many strangers around here, its not like you just tripped and ended up walking all the way over here from your own home." Her voice wasn't quite as sweet anymore, instead laced with bits of poison and overflowing with sarcasm.

The stud spoke again, asking why she was talking to him. How was she supposed to know? Curiosity and boredom were the main reasons behind most (if not all) of her actions, and it had gotten her into trouble once or twice. She was thinking, trying to come up with a response when he pushed his massive head beneath hers, running his tongue down most of her body before stopping. His teeth grabbed gently at her flank, and for just a brief moment she could feel those burn scars when they were fresh, she could smell the charred flesh and she could see that stupid brute that had caused her pregnancy. And, for just a brief moment, a shiver ran down her spine. Voudou shook her head, she didn't need to think about that stuff any more, it was over and gone, never to bother her again.

"Well, you are just so handsome I couldn't resist coming over to chat," she cooed at him, her voice so fakely sweet it was nearly sickening. All at once her tone changed back to its sarcastic bitchiness, "Also I'm bored, and I can't travel too far on account of the whole being pregnant thing. Turns out it's difficult to walk long distances when you're carrying an energy-draining demon with you." Voudou swished her tail at him, twisting her body slightly away from the stallion (mostly to keep him from getting behind her, though she would never admit it) so she could face him once again. "But you... you didn't come here to chat. Why are you here?" Voudou analyzed him, looking for any hint as to his motives. He seemed confident, but not entirely so. He wasn't shy, that much was obvious, but she still couldn't figure out why he was here or what he was really like and that frustrated her. She was mad that he hadn't given her anything to work off of yet, and she was curious to see what kind of a stallion he was.
    tags Black, 436 words.
    notes, _______.

When he was at her flank, her body changed as if she had been through alot. He wasnt sure what it was, but he had a feeling she didnt want to be pregnant. Was this forced apon her from someone evil? Hes seen this before, and hated stallions that have forced themselves onto mares. To him creating a foal should be something that was common ground between a mare and stallion. Not because the stallion wanted Heirs or wanted to expand his herd. He shook his head in anger of those that made good stallions look bad. He wasnt going to let her get away, for that one instant he wanted to be closer to her. Maybe there pasts were similar he wasnt sure. But he tried to open his heart to this mare. But i doubt she would take it, he was just testing her to see what kind of mare she was. As she wasnt giving him much to go on.

He faced the dark mare face to face. She could see horrible darkness beneath her beautiful pelt and eyes. But she wasnt big into the mushy stuff. But he was always a believer in saying what was true. He walked closer to her lowering his head in a assurance he wasnt there to hurt her or take advantage of her. Since its clear thats already happened, he didnt want that to happen to her again. It was strange, he had this strange feeling that he had to protect her, and he wanted to. Even though she didnt want it she was getting it anyway, and she can fight with everything she got. He came to her side he towered over her, he wrapped his head over her neck. Licking softly to show her that it was okay and he didnt want to hurt her. Im here trying to find myself, and to become a better stallion he whispered. He always approached mares the wrong way and was learning how to do it the right way. Im talking to you and around you because i feel drawn to you Voudou, i cant explain it i just do. And im sorry you had a horrible past with a brute stallion. Closing his head around hers in comfort cause it seemed like its been a while since shes had this happen to her.

A mare like you should never be mounted and breed with out your concent. Your too beautiful to be ruined with scars. But then he thought we all had scars, and he just wished she would allow him to show her that there is a good side to things and not always negative.

Voudou's eyes locked with the stallions for a brief moment before he moved closer to her. Her careful eyes kept watching him, still looking for a physical weakness.

Before she could even react his neck was wrapped around hers, pulling her body closer to his. She could feel his heartbeat pulsing beneath his warm, soft skin. Voudou was stiff, not entirely sure what to do, she was usually the one wrapping her own body around the bodies of others. Her nose was turned away from him, not wanting to make him think she was any more comfortable than she was, but she tolerated the hug nonetheless. After all, it wasn't often that anybody was willing to hug her. But then he whispered, and the mare zeroed in on his words, oh how perfect they were. Here was an opportunity, she just had to seize it with all of her might. He was weak inside; he didn't think he was good enough as a stallion. As an added bonus he liked her. Voudou completely disregarded his mention of her rape, it wasn't any of his business and Voudou had nearly convinced herself it hadn't even happened, the kid and the scars were the only proof.

Now the black mare leaned into his hug, and even closed her eyes and sighed. She couldn't quite muster up any crocodile tears, and settled for a soft nudge against the brute's pelt. "You know, in my opinion you're already a pretty great stallion," she whispered back to him. Voudou gave him a teasing bite and moved out from his embrace. "Enough mushy stuff. Are you hungry? I've been hungry for months, never feels like I can get quite enough food." Without waiting for an answer she started off at an easy trot (not too fast, with the baby and all). Even with the extra weight Voudou moved like a shadow through the forest, weaving in and out of trees as if she had lived here her entire life. Her hoofs sent snow flying in tiny flurries in every direction, some of the flakes daring to stick to her black pelt only to melt almost instantaneously.

It was a few minutes before she slowed down to a walk, and finally she stopped, parking herself beneath a tree that had large, twisted roots jutting out of the ground. The tree itself had only a couple, brown leafs clinging to its skeleton, and it was perched on the edge of a small ditch, providing a cool, refreshing spot to take a nap in the summer heat. Some dying moss was stuck in the crevices of the bark, shriveling up in the cold. Voudou loved this tree dearly, far more than she loved the so-called "Mother Tree" that was a few more minutes down the trail. This one was hers, untouched by most anyone else in the world. With her lips, Voudou cleared away some of the soft snow near where one of the roots re-entered the earth, revealing shoots of green grass that had remained protected from the cold for now. "There's always food near this tree, I don't know why. Must be a fertile patch of dirt, maybe something died here a couple years ago." she said invitingly towards him.
    tags Black Ranger, 542 words.
    notes, _______.

Black felt the blackened mare push into his hold. Hoping to make her feel better. But he was not one for mushy stuff but he had a feeling that he needed to comfort her. He didnt know the story behind how she got pregnant and it wasnt his business. He didnt want to ruin anything between her. Weather it was a friendship growing or what it was. She asked him if he was hungry, he had an abundant amount of food at the beach. But it wouldnt hurt him to go grab abite to eat. Sure i will go get something to eat. He followed the mare to a tree that she lead him to.

He looked at the tree he snorted theres not enough food here Voudou. He saw her digging for food and looking,  this spot looked pretty well picked over. He was worried for the mare, he didnt want her to be hungry, he had alot of grazing over at Island Resort. He raised head up looking for a good food source there just wasnt enough. Voudou you can always come to the Resort to eat if there isnt enough here. I dont want you to go hungry. He helped her dig up some grass if it took two of them the more food would be produced. He watched over her as she ate, it was more important for him to see her eat before him. He watched for anything to come up or around,  he ran off to the resort, he then came back with a large banana leaf full of green lush grass. It was almost over flowing, he placed the leaf in front of the black mare. Here try this he said as he watched her its the grass from the resort.

As they stood under the tree, he remembered that she said he was a pretty good stallion. He tried his best to be good. But it felt good to hear it, thank you Voudou for the compliment earlier it means alot to hear another say it. He sighed in content being near her but he heard rustling in the brush. He pinned his ears back against his neck and stood between the brush and Voudou. A grey wolf poked his face out, it was growling. Black snorted and stomped his feet trying to scare the wolf away from Voudou. But it kept coming so he reared and charged at it. Stomping it with his front feet. He reared and came back down on the wolf killing it. He squealed with anger at the wolf. His nose flaring and snorting he returned to Voudou as she was eating. She nickered softly

In her opinion, the black steed was far too concerned for her well-being. Frankly it would be annoying if Voudou hadn't been planning on using his kindness against him sometime in the future. She had decided that he was one that she should keep close rather than alienate right away. While perhaps not the most handsome stallion she had ever seen (Voudou was pretty hard to impress) he could still come in useful later. Maybe she could even move over into his land and ditch the Gates, nothing here anyway, and he was already offering her a place to come eat if she needed the food.

For a few minutes he helped her uncover the grass, but without warning he ran off, headed back home. She snorted. It was the first time in a very long time that anyone had left her so confused. Why had he gone? Voudou waited, not even eating anymore, eager to see what his plans were. Typically, it was her job to leave, she didn't like it when anyone broke that rule. After some time, though, he did return. By now Voudou was leaning against the tree, nearly ready for a nap, but she perked up again when he approached. With him he brought food, and plenty of it. Her pregnancy instinct kicking in again she immediately ducked her head to eat, satisfied with the offering. He gave her some sort of thanks for something she had said earlier but Voudou didn't really care. After all, she rarely said anything she actually meant.

Some twigs snapped and she heard a growl; it wasn't her stomach and it wasn't the stallion. Voudou wanted to go investigate but Black got in her way, "protecting" her from whatever was back there. The beast showed itself, a large grey wolf, clearly suffering from the cold winter. Why else would one dare to get near horses? His ribs were showing very slightly beneath his thick coat of gray and white hairs, his cold eyes were sunken into his skull. Voudou wanted to sit there and watch it, learn how to better imitate the predators that so many feared. Before she could object, Black was after it, throwing his weight onto the mutt. She could hear the gory snapping of bones and the weak whimper of death. The stallion returned back to her, breathing heavily and looking oh-so proud of himself. Voudou, on the other hand, had returned to eating, content with acting like nothing had happened. "So, you kill mangy predators often or only when there's a pregnant damsel in distress around? You should've left him, see if we could have gotten him to cut this thing out of me before it kills me." A small chuckle escaped her throat, but her words still held some level of truth. Would have been nice to get the pregnancy over with so quickly.

Voudou wandered over to the carcass, and nuzzled it gently. It's ribcage had been dented inward from Black's massive frame, and some blood was staining its gorgeous coat, turning the previously white hairs a shade of pink. "Well we probably shouldn't stay here too long, wolves typically don't travel alone and his friends are going to be along soon to pick his bones clean."
    tags Black Ranger, 544 words.
    notes, _______.