• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Slice of the Devil's Pie || Vulgaris ||

Rey

-Black cat in disguise-

Mary is safe for now in the playground and that meant I could go for a long flight.

It had felt like decades. The gods love that child of mine but they gave me a kid with no wings. For someone who's been accustomed to flying from an early age and hardly ever hiked, the test of walking a mile literally seemed to be draining me.

It wasn’t until I cleared Taiga and saw the familiar, low peaks of Loess to the Northwest that I could feel that lost energy rising again. “No-man’s land …” I thought wistfully, eyeing the expanse of new growth beneath my soaring form. “my not-home.” I smile, circling high over the glinting ribbon of River before landing on the southern side, closer to Loessian borders out of pure caution.

Out here there’s usually nothing, so I take up a pace that comes naturally and stretches out the unused muscles in my back. Each step drains my once pale blue coat and colors it a common, sandy palomino. “A little flare?” I think, using my power again to paint a wide baze right between two gray eyes. 

When I look ahead though, something shifts in the distance. There’s no making it out so I stop, (both clear wings poised for flight) forgetting that a palomino doesn’t normally have a pale blue mane and tail, saying, “Let it be a fat squirrel.” As if somehow phrasing it out loud could make whatever had beat me here magically change.

Today wasn’t exactly the best to get into trouble.

@[vulgaris]
    Vulgaris
    "  when she's coming for my heart it feels like armageddon. "

He had accepted Wolfbane’s offer of becoming the paladin for Loess, thus assigning him the task of guarding the borders from any would-be threats. They live in an era of peace, though, and his daily strolls typically end without any sort of eventful skirmishes. Today he has allowed himself to stray from the borders just a little, roaming closer to the river nearby. His dust-emerald eyes roam across his surroundings and he sighs slowly as the summer heat continues to wash across his back mercilessly. He wonders if true serpents dread this season as much as he does or if his cold-blooded cousins savor the heat. But then he hears the rustle of wings and his ears swivel in the direction of the source.

Already, his head is lowered over his neck and his fangs are bared. A single drop of venom slips from one of his fangs.

But it’s only Rey, cloaked in new colors, that comes into view. How excited he had been to stretch his muscles and offer up a display of his strength just seconds before! Vulgaris lifts his dark gray head and spits the lingering venom from his mouth as he approaches her. His expression softens to something that could be construed as friendly to anyone who knows how to read him, though she hasn’t seen him nearly enough to.

I can try to make squirrel noises if you want,” he says with a shrug of his shoulders. He admires the splash of red across her face and the sky-blue strands of her mane, vaguely jealous that he will always be a simple gray creature. His only bragging point, in his opinion, is having dapples that he thinks look nice. If he could choose, though, he would be an iridescent and glimmering shade of white. He sighs faintly at the thought before brushing it from his mind. Such dreams will never be realized without begging the powers that be, and he has never been one to grovel.
    @[Rey]