• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i ain't ever gonna repent, lokii
    " I'd Rather Die Young , "
    He has grieved for far too long.

He had forgotten the feel of fire in his veins, the way it felt when he had something truly driving him. He has spent years mourning Kindling, and finally he has to decide that enough is enough. She abandoned you, abandoned your daughter, created a new family with a new man. She never loved you and you only loved the idea of her. Move on, leave her bones behind, and become the stallion you were always supposed to be before the idea of a family dragged you down.

He was a general once, a king once. He never dreamed he'd be where he is today--isn't he fated to rule, and do better than he did as a child?--but he doesn't mind starting back at the bottom. He had a team then, trusted advisors that would have done anything for him, out of loyalty but never out of friendship. He doesn't need friends when he can have power instead.

Finding those willing to follow him again will prove difficult--he knows Flamevein (who, to his disgust, took his daughter as a lover) hasn't been seen in years. Roping in the illusionist, Lokii, however, shouldn't prove too difficult. He is strong, cunning, and just as driven as Oxytocin himself. 

The sun is high in the sky, shrouded by trees as Oxy picks his way downstream. Years have passed and generations have changed hands, but the greyed illusionist is easy to find. "Lokii," Oxytocin purrs, dark eyes gleaming as he approaches. "Are you feeling like stirring up some mischief? Because I know I sure am." His chuckle echoes darkly over the river they stand next to, and Oxy dares to crack a smile.

"I want a kingdom, Lokii, and I want a brother by my side to aid me."

oxytocin

@Lokii