• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Dangerous Business -[Rey]

Rey

Even if Arthas were the only thing that had ever mattered to me, and even if my disappearance was something to be explained away in a matter of words, it still wouldn’t carry any significance for me. Not anymore. Never again.

I hardly feel alive as it is…

So I don’t rush to greet him, knowing the tense note of his voice should be pressing urgency into my gait, because I’m aware of what he’ll see when I do arrive. Instead I twine silently through the eternal red-gold woods, eventually appearing like some mythic ghost: my skin is pale as milk, except where the gaping injuries on my chest and shoulders stream fresh blood, irritated by the simple gesture of walking. Horrendous; that’s how I know I must seem, with my identical bullet wounds to the breast and long, disgustingly pus-filled lacerations where my wings were supposed to be.

I stink, (quite a lot) from the simple fact that the flesh on my back has begun to rot from too much exposure.

Still my expression is hollow, my mouth hanging useless when before it might have smiled to see him so concerned for me. Pain means very little, death less so. I can’t manage to dredge up any sort of emotion though I do answer him, “Sorry I’ve been gone so long.” thinking that perhaps this could placate his manifold questions.

He’s not real, anyways. The true version of Arthas is still somewhere resting on the seabed, just bones and mud. This version belongs to a memory I’ve since forgotten.

don't go screaming if I blow you with a bang

@[Arthas] I know the wait has been terrible but here it FINALLY is; post Carnage quest Smile

Messages In This Thread
    Dangerous Business -[Rey] - by Arthas - 09-19-2018, 07:40 PM
    RE: Dangerous Business -[Rey] - by Rey - 09-30-2018, 12:11 PM
    RE: Dangerous Business -[Rey] - by Arthas - 10-02-2018, 10:29 AM
    RE: Dangerous Business -[Rey] - by Rey - 10-05-2018, 11:50 AM
    RE: Dangerous Business -[Rey] - by Arthas - 10-06-2018, 07:08 PM
    RE: Dangerous Business -[Rey] - by Rey - 10-08-2018, 01:07 PM
    RE: Dangerous Business -[Rey] - by Arthas - 10-09-2018, 07:20 PM
    RE: Dangerous Business -[Rey] - by Rey - 10-11-2018, 06:01 PM
    RE: Dangerous Business -[Rey] - by Arthas - 10-13-2018, 07:30 PM
    RE: Dangerous Business -[Rey] - by Rey - 10-16-2018, 10:43 AM
    RE: Dangerous Business -[Rey] - by Arthas - 10-19-2018, 08:17 PM