• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Show Me Your Secrets -[Oriax,Any]
    Oriax and her father went back and forth, it was almost like two children...except if one got truly upset, things could get messy. Her father gave departing words, Oriax fit in his own before returning his attention back to Mary.

His gaze was monotone as normal, she didn't really care that he had a lack of emotion, though it would be nice to see a smile every now and then. Save your apologies he muttered, she only responded with a roll of her eyes. She may be defiant of her father, but she was raised with manners. If he wanted her to defy the rules with him, then so be it, better that listening to him treat her like a child.

Though he finally answers her question, she figured he would not put up with Sylva, especially after that meeting. Instead, he agrees to call Sylva his home. A small smile tugs at her lips before she forces it into hiding that's good shes responds with.

Come on, I'll show you the river she notions to her left and trails off into the direction. As they seemed out the river Oriax pipes up once more, noting it was interesting how children tend to defy there parents. She shrugs in response, some children do all there parents ask, like Delta, probably why he is the favorite. Mary just envisioned a different life for herself did you defy your parents? she asks, perhaps they are more alike then he thinks. My father expects me to be some prim princess, with all these customs and courtesies. As much as he wishes, I just want to be wild, free to do what I want, when I want and no one to tell me otherwise. She didn't understand why her brother tried so hard to get there fathers approval. It wasn't that she wanted to defy her father...but she couldn't be the royal princess he wanted.

@[Oriax]

it'll only hurt for a second is my favorite fucking lie

“Did you defy your parents?” Mary questions Oriax as they traipsed towards a body of strong flowing water, its moisture hanging heavy in the grey stallion’s nares. Did he defy his parents? What parents was she thinking he had? Oriax’s childhood was tumultuous - an angry, spiteful sire and a mother who was too withdrawn to protect her children from the world’s wrath. “No,” he states simply. It was impossible to defy something when there were no burdening expectations put on him. “My parents were hardly present in mine and my sister’s life,”

“My father expects me to be some prim princess, with all these customs and courtesies. As much as he wishes, I just want to be wild, free to do what I want, when I want and no one to tell me otherwise,” The young girl speaks once more, and Oriax’s unblinking eyes run along the lines of her frame. She was fiery, this he could not deny, and it was something he could vaguely appreciate (though it was doubtful he would ever admit to even that amount of likeness).

“Then don’t bother caring what your sire thinks. If freedom is what you wish, take it,” Oriax offers. “All you will know is turmoil if you continue to give a shit what others think,” His next sentence is cold, but confident. His heart had long ago hardened into the blackness it was, caging itself from the promises and trust of others.

“Or do you fear the condemnation of your father?” An elementary question, slightly coated with mockery, but Oriax could suddenly feel a new weight in the confines of his skull. An energy of sorts, buzzing, pulsing and radiating through his mind. The grey stag quickly blinks, questioning the sudden change in his brain. It was new - not discomforting - but new. He could feel the craving to Mary’s impending answer growing in his chest, tendrils of thought extending into her. A nare wrinkles in unalarmed inquiry, almost as if Oriax was annoyed at the whirling of new sensation (though he kept this well hidden - he was too proud to display genuine question).

Oriax

ooc; introducing Oriax's newfound fear illusionment - he won't use anything against her since this is him discovering it. @Mary

Mary
    She asks if he had once defied his parents, but he notes he did not. In fact, he notes he did not have parents to defy....but he mentions his sister an interesting detail to share. She tilts her head, a normal equine might apologize for the fact he was left alone but she finds herself jealous. Curious as to what life would be like, free to do whatever you want, whenever you want. No parents to tell you what to do, to correct your every move, a completely opposite life from her own.

She admits to Oriax why she defies her father, she never found herself wanting to speak the truth to another but she felt....comfortable with him. It was an odd feeling, but she did not feel the need to keep it a secret from him, his response was not what she expected, but welcomed. If freedom is what you wish, take it her gaze looked for his, she gives him a determined nod, she would certainly do just that. He adds a tidbit of advice, to not care what others think and she tilts her head, all her life she was told to do the opposite, to act as though everyone was watching. To always behave prim and proper, and never bring disgrace to the family, but Oriax advised just the opposite.

A small smile tugged at her lips, she would have responded but he speaks up once again. Or do you fear the condemnation of your father? He inquires and her ears lower to her dome with disgust No! I don't care her words spoke the truth. His gaze was set on hers, he asks a question about her father but her mind kept flicking to her mother, she could not understand what was going on. She had not thought of her mother in ages, why all of a sudden? The thought of her father taking over Sylva, the possibility for Mary and mother to rise to the top....but instead he crowns Lepis queen of Sylva, Delta the rightful heir to Sylva....her mother a mistress and Mary left a bastard. What would the others think? Would they ever be accepted? Why did no one want to be her friend..? Slowly she found herself alone in a kingdom she did not know.....slowly she looked for other help her mind screams out searching for others. It was almost as if she was living in her mind, but finally she was able to shake the thoughts and come back to reality, her eyes carried fear and she looked at Oriax...did he notice?

Long May She Reign

@[Oriax] hope this works :p

it'll only hurt for a second is my favorite fucking lie

It was strange - the moment Mary’s lips parted to spit words of defiant (yet truthful) anger, a flood of distorted images assaulted Oriax’s mental. It was as if he was living someone’s - was it Mary’s? - dream, viewing things through her eyes. Flashes of memory dance through his mind; a pale green mare, the iron-fisted stallion Oriax had just met, and a fear that he couldn’t quite put his proverbial finger on. Being forgotten? After a few moments of the unfamiliar feelings, Oriax’s attention returns quickly to the fae before him. She was staring at him, almost guiltily.

Did he somehow witness a fear of Mary’s? That was new. And the expression on the young girl’s face nearly confirmed what had just happened. “Interesting,” Oriax breathed, voice low and cunning. His blue orbs bored into Mary’s, giving away the fact that he had just witnessed her fears through near impossible accuracy. But he left the strange phenomenon off of his tongue, not one hundred percent sure how he would voice the incident. Oriax’s gaze fell to the river.

“It seems you have a rather large chip on your shoulder, regarding your dad,”

Oriax smiles, but not out of happiness. He had stumbled upon something within himself he considered powerful. And Oriax often became drunk on his own ability to create chaos around him.

It was going to be a new, interesting game to get himself caught up in.

Oriax

Mary
    What the fuck just happened?

He asked about her father and all she could think about was being alone. How she dreads being alone, no one knows her fear, a secret she keeps to herself. If one has a fear they are weak, vulnerable to be broken down, a weakness she intended to keep to herself.

when her eye find his, he seemed slightly confused which made her even more self conscious. Was he looking at her like that because she zoned out....or did he just see.....what she thought? Interesting he says, breaking the silence between them. He did fucking read her mind!! She has heard of equines holding this trait....but she did not know it would be like this..

He murmurs on about her father and her ears pin, the stupid little grin he had on his mouth. What the hell Oriax! She snorts don't do that shit again it was not a request, but a demand. She would not be used by anyone for there own personal gain, and she sure as fuck would not let him read her thoughts again. I should probably leave her conversation was quick, she did not want to be around him again. Anger and embarrassment filled her, he knows her stupid childish fear of being alone....but then again this asshole brought it out from her! He set her up!

Long May She Reign

@[Oriax] sorry this response took forever to get to ya!