• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

all things are possible: Scorch

WATCH THE FLAMES CLIMB HIGH INTO THE NIGHT

He came seeking reassurance for a discomfort that she, too, had become familiar with. Strange, that a discomfort could grow to be familiar and yet not comfortable; stranger yet that her second oldest son would come looking for solace in the time that she needed it most. Most since returning from the dead, at least; she'd lead a relatively drama-free life up until last spring, when she made a mistake that turned into a confusion and from there into a disaster. A catastrophe. One that would assuredly do the opposite of comfort Shahrizai.

Of course, he was right in assuming that she would see him immediately - they'd always shared a close bond, her and Shah. When he paused at the border, she wanted to laugh and chide him, to say my home is your home, always. But as if reading her mind, the tailless blue stepped forward into Nerine, his large swinging gait comfortable; very deceiving as to the reason he came today.

Watching for a time as her son navigated the jagged slopes making up the cliffside kingdom, Scorch considered. What, you ask? Well, at her side stood a little being, growing taller by the day - taller, scrawnier, and wiser. It would seem that her water-loving daughter had no end to that mind of hers; Scorch pressed her lips mindlessly to the girl's poll at this thought, a smile wandering to her lips and then away again as journeyers are wont to doing. Making up her mind at last, Scorch beckoned to the girl, beginning the trek down towards Shahrizai.

It did not take long before they were within calling distance, and by the time they stood before each other, it took but a second to wrap the taller, broader stallion in her embrace. It caused her heart pain to do so; he felt for all the world like her husband. Her disappeared husband, upon whom she had cheated. She held the embrace a moment too long, betraying the loneliness she felt and the horror that grew in her chest when she realized she would have to explain herself as she had to Leilan. She could only hope that her calmer, better adjusted son, would receive her with more sympathy.

Pulling back, Scorch offered a tight smile, though it eased as she looked into the simple and happy lines of her son's face. One could never be stressed for long when in the presence of such a gentle giant. "It is so good to see you again Shahrizai, I've missed you so." Stretching her smile to emphasize her point, Scorch then stepped closer to Blue, glancing down at her indicatively. "Blue is happy to meet you too, aren't you little one?" Laughing softly, the mutilated woman looked to Shah. "This is your sister, Blue. Blue, this is another of your brothers, Shah."

After a few moments for the two to exchange scents and say some pleasantries to one another, Scorch gently nudged Blue towards a nearby pond. As she watched her go, she feared looking back to Shah; perhaps some might expect her to face her own mistakes bravely and boldly, as if to spite the gods themselves... But Scorch has never really been brave, and anyone who knew her well knew that, too.

Scorch

Once Khaleesi of the Amazon Jungle

@[Shahrizai] @[Blue] I am writing Blue in so that she can meet her brother on this side but I don't expect you to reply! I might send her off to play at the end of this, pm me if you would like it changed or if you want in on the thread : )!
    Also sorry for the wordsplosion and. yknow. crazy scorch feels.
    [Image: scorch2.png]

Messages In This Thread
    all things are possible: Scorch - by Shahrizai - 10-26-2018, 04:48 PM
    RE: all things are possible: Scorch - by Scorch - 10-27-2018, 12:48 AM
    RE: all things are possible: Scorch - by Scorch - 11-21-2018, 01:12 AM