• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    the blight of man, the shame of the divine; any
    Electra

She doesn't do diplomacy. She brews chaos, tampering with the emotions and carnal instincts of men. 

It is not her place to speak, she watches silently as her fellow Loessians talk shit on Sylva. She can't blame them, for what it seems Sylva has been nothing more than a burden upon Loess, and not to mention how pathetic their so called king is. I mean seriously! The only thing this guy's got going for him in his title.

A laugh escapes her lips as the disturbed, and almost childish "king" of Sylva charges into the discussion, accompanied by one of his lackey's. Armed with his damaged pride, Arthas takes a swipe at Bane, it's hardly notable. If anything his attempt flops, funny isn't it? How he speaks of his great numbers and strength when he only has himself and his pet to show for it, five against two. I like our odds.

"I'd like to see you try." She snaps, a wicked smile forming on her lips. "The only peace we will tolerate is you stepping down." She adds, her words carved like daggers as they subdue the ignorant creature before her. 

Then another butts in, a scarlet roan mare, a healer Bane by some luck has won over. Electra's gaze flickers back and forth as the healer speaks, her smile widening as it seems they've backed Arthas into a corner. Finally this bullshit would soon be over.

Like the sweetener you are

Trash again arghhhh
    [Image: electra_by_cowgirlconrad-dcnkty9.png]

My dreams have all come true

Democracy has no place in the wilds of Beqanna. Surprisingly, neither does a communistic grasp. Both leave very little in the way of true solutions and the one who speaks a final edict (that would be him, and this would be that final proclamation) usually always ends up in a pool of his own blood with some Brutus or the other standing over him, watching him die out.

Someone inevitably always thinks they can do it better.

Is that someone Arthas, who keeps falling into the traps Wolfbane sets for him? Maybe it’s Sinner, who does nothing and who Bane has only ever seen this once, scrounging back for scraps like a beaten cur. Lepis could probably do things better and she’s quick to remind her feathered mate of that, earning her a sidelong glance of his moss-colored eyes. Wolfbane burns for her and this aggressive stance (which normally would cow other stallions) only solidified his attraction, along with his loyalty. Hell itself had devoured and spit up the lovely, pale mare. Now she wears brimstone and fire like a crown well-deserved.

Sylva never stood a chance. Not the first time he sent his own mercenary brothers there to aid Arthas in taking over, and not now - in the face of certain catastrophe.

Electra’s support is nice. Unexpected but nice, all the same. Noah, however, clears the tumult of their Lord’s thoughts with a surprise power move. She’s got no reason to cast her lot with Loess, doing so puts her in an obviously tight spot, yet she does. Thank you, his gaze seems to say, even though Bane is perfectly silent turning towards the poppy-bright mare.

That settles it, then.

“I respect your decision, Vulgaris.” He begins simply enough, shifting a bit amidst the tangle of grass in order to address everyone gathered. Internally he’d hated the idea of losing his champion anyways, even if it meant Arthas or the wolf in sheep’s clothing, Sinner, would have some semblance of control.

“I gave you your chance and you took it as an opportunity to not only insult my Queen, but to deny the obvious.” Wolfbane inhales on a soft growl, every word intentionally focused on the dappled gray stallion, his once mentor: Arthas. “You’re banned from the southern lands. Your children may choose otherwise and bend the knee if they wish.” the blue-gold drake declares, hoping that this would appease Lepis in some small, imperfect measure. It sure as hell made him feel better.

“And as of this moment, Sylva is ours to protect or parcel out as we see fit.” He exhales in Sinner’s general direction, the white fan of his own straight tail flaring out behind him to insinuate such a decision had not been his own, but Loess’. “You heard Noah and the others. I’ll give you the same chance I gave your fallen leader.” The stout, leggy pegasus grins. It seems only fair, given that Bane desires no further loss on behalf of ignorance.

“Choose wisely.” He parrots himself, both eyes flicking up to burn holes into Arthas skin. His expression screams threat and his wings jostle, close to bursting open. Get out never come back

Like all good nightmares do

@[Sinner]
    [Image: Wolfbane2.png][Image: 3bCHvj.png]
    When Astarael had ruled the red forest, her matching aura had been a common sight between the trees. She had been fond of pressing fear into her denizens, and I had learned much from watching her. We had never spoken – as young as I was I still knew better than that – but I had come to recognize the signs of fear in horses, in the widening of their eyes and the catching of their breath. Even the most stoic of them have tells.

It is those tells I am waiting to see, the first sign that the immense projection of fear into the minds of the Sylvans might have been successful.

I had been a token of the first alliance between the woods and the hills, a gift from one king to another. They had used me as they saw fit; the scars on my body are testament of that, especially when their extent is revealed by my windblown mane and flared wings. I had, in time, left the man who had treated me as an object for one who treated me as a woman. He ignores my demands in favor of addressing Wolfbane; makes suggestions that violate what I have just said.

Returning his glare eye for eye, I am ready to launch myself at him when a voice comes whisper soft from Wolfbane’s other side. It is the healer, Noah, and she repeats my demand. Then is Wolfbane, addressing Arthas only to banish him from the southern lands in bold proclamation. My blue grey eyes flick to his for a moment in brief and wordless gratitude, that the smile is unable to work past the hard set frown as I turn back to watch the Sylvans and wait for their reaction.
    VulgariS
    take me, take me back to your bed. i love you so much that it hurts my head.
    say, i don't mind you under my skin. oh, let the bad parts in, the bad parts in.
    He watches Sinner approach and he recognizes the hound from the day Loess took over Sylva. His head tilts curiously as he waits to hear his input on the discussion at hand. To his surprise, they share the same opinion on the notion of continuing their war and keeping Sylva in the proper hands. Well, that made things rather easy, then. Vulgaris relaxes a little more and shifts his weight when he requests civility from the group.

Then Lepis joins them and she brings an interesting idea to the table. Send the Sylvans back to their forest? Vulgaris frowns and glances back at Sinner for a moment before clearing his throat so as to bring attention back to himself for a moment. “And condemn them all to the plague? Arthas may crave war still, but Sinner shares the same desire for peace as me.” It seems that Leliana’s kindness has rubbed off on him, he thinks as he finishes speaking.

But then Arthas calls him a puppet and he turns his head sharply to meet the king’s eyes. He snorts softly at the name calling, but he chalks it up to the heat of the moment. Vulgaris sighs as he racks his brain for some solution to make everyone happy in this situation. Electra’s laughter causes him to turn his gaze her way for a moment as she dares Arthas to even try taking control from Wolfbane. Noah steps forward and explains her role in the problem at hand, though, pulling his attention from Arthas and Electra. She made a compelling argument, being the healer and all.

I suggest we allow the Sylvans to stay, so long as they yield to Loess and to Noah,” he says with a shrug of his broad shoulders. He doesn’t say anything regarding Arthas, though. Their decision for his fate was beyond out of his hands at this point and he knew it.
    @[Wolfbane] @[Lepis] @[Sinner] @[Noah] @[Arthas]
    vul just wants to go find his family at this point tbh. he's v stressed.
    His suggestion is met with repudiation.

Of course, the hound is not surprised by the voice that speaks up. Lepis would indeed want to get rid of them after whatever sort of drama had fallen out between her and Arthas. Were kingdom-dwellers always so dramatic like this? Sinner can only shake his head at amusement to her words.

Arthas is quick to answer her back. The tension between several others seemed to be rising high within the group. It made a rather disgusting show of forging something between their kingdoms. Almost of their entire thing was a joke and they all would perish away into the plague.

Though that was something he wouldn’t mind considering where he was standing now between it all. He had never liked the idea off Loess coming into his home and taking control. Arthas had brought more of a burden then anything, especially now with whatever performance Lepis and Arthas were putting on now.

A new face brings something different to the table. Sinner flicks his ear curiously at the strawberry roan mare. He can feel the nervousness within her voice, but she has an undeniable strength within her as well. A healer meant nothing for him personally, but it seemed such tools would be useful if anyone was going to survive through this plague.

The colored mare laughs without consequences at Arthas. He couldn’t help himself either at what was happening, but he keeps silent as every decides to have their say in the matter. It seemed that Arthas was going to be their downfall to Sylva. He liked the idea the colored mare proposed. It would be the best choice after all... and he would ensure his piece of the bargain was not forgotten.

“My choice was made long ago,” he says finally. Patient was the key in this terrible mess of politics, but the hound has become a rather enduring creature when it came to get what he wanted. The Sylvian throne was something he had aspired to take a hold of since Loess trampled into his autumn kingdom without invitation.

He glances to Arthas for a moment, not feeling one ounce of pity or loyalty to him. It had always been himself in the end, and will always be that way. “Sylva and Loess deserve to have peace, and so we will.” He takes the offer freely. The crown of the autumn forest. But he would never bend the knee to them.

Eventually, Loess would have their undoing.
    In time.
    character info: here | character reference: here

Currenly immune to the plague per Carnage's quest.

@[Wolfbane] @[Arthas] @[Lepis] @[Noah] @[vulgaris] @[Electra]
    Also to wrap up this thread, I am not going to post Titus, but just wanted him to be present Wink
    Profile | Detailed Bio | Character Reference
    Most likely always in his hellhound form

Arthas
    Betrayal

All of them, Lepis, Bane, Vulgaris, and even Sinner....his own hand picked champion. The two were not best friends...but he never expected mutiny like this. He was backed into a corner, not a single one was on his side, if his own kingdom member was not on his side who would take him seriously? Bane might win this battle, but Arthas will never let him take control of Sylva, he will have to kill him to remove him.

If a war is what Loess wanted, than that is what they would get, Arthas would never refuse the Loess member safety in Pampas, to think that Bane was such an asshole. Punishing the innocent equines because of his insecurities of his queens past lover, the dapple kings ears were pinned to his dome, his eyes glared at each equine involved in the conversation.

A shame he had never expected to experience, ruling on the grounds of loyalty and honesty.....that was not the case today.

I hope this is what you wanted his eyes settled on Lepis, a mare he once ached to be near, one that he shared a child with, and one that he crowned queen. All of this was because of her, the dispute, the mutiny, she was to blame. His eyes quickly shifted back to Bane I will leave Pampas, but you will have to kill me to remove me from my thrown. His eyes glance to Sinner, a look of disappointment, but stern, death would be the only way to be free of Arthas. With that he backed out of the group conversation, he turned out and headed towards Sylva, he had children to gather.

Dangerous Business

@[Wolfbane]