• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    the blight of man, the shame of the divine; any
    I want peace, but there are other things that I want even more.

When I settle in beside striped Wolfbane, it is with a scowl on my pale face and stormclouds in the usual clear blue-grey of my eyes. My attention flicks from one horse to the next as I listen with a single navy ear to the words of the stallion beside me. There are familiar faces: Vulgaris, Sinner, Arthas (I do not look his way for long), but there are also strangers and those that might as well be. A spotted boy, a serpentine woman, a girl whose ombre hair I recognize – they are all from Loess.

There are no Sylvans here but the king and his champion.

Vulgaris is next to speak, and I find myself nodding at his words even as I roll my shoulders to flex the wings tired from my recent survey of this land. Then Sinner speaks, and his words are almost a surprise. I turn my gaze to his fiery one, recalling the conversation that had passed between the two of us during my reign in Sylva. My time in the autumn woods was not entirely wasted then.

Let’s be civil again, suggests the creature whose favorite food is blood.

“Let’s not.” I reply, taking a step forward. “Sylva has never been anything but a burden to Loess.”

The bond between the kingdoms had been forged years ago, and the autumn woods have done nothing but drag down my beloved kingdom. I am tired of the drain, of the political burden, of the constant reminder of a past that I long to forget. Fate had seen fit to bind us geographically, but I will be damned if I remain involved with Sylva a moment longer.

“Go back to your woods.” A firm step forward, as though I might drive them off myself. Perhaps I will.“Your children will be allowed in the Pampas, but the rest of you can find shelter elsewhere. This land belongs to Loess and you are not welcome here.” It doesn’t occur to me that I am speaking with an authority that I do not have. Wolfbane is leader of Loess and Noah of this snowy little haven, but it is clear from my braced hooves and poised wings that I have every intention of carrying out my command with my own hooves and teeth.

I want peace, but I want to be rid of Sylva even more.

@[Sinner] @[Wolfbane] @[Vulgaris] [@[Arthas] @[Titus] @[Electra]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: the blight of man, the shame of the divine; any - by Lepis - 11-03-2018, 07:46 PM