• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    jet black sky before the rain; Wolfbane

My dreams have all come true

They’re as far south as they could hope to possibly get and still, the snow crosses over the ghost of Loess and finds them here - in someone else’s home, on foreign soil. Wolfbane believes it makes the cold that much stronger and the crunch of his approaching steps that much sharper. He gazes over Lepis with love-drunk eyes, smiling almost imperceptibly when she turns to look. The slightly larger pegasus male wants nothing more than for them to fly away from here and return to the hills, back to Fort Hideaway and his stone spire nest where they belong, but he can’t.

Not when he watched her curl around herself for protection last night, as if the support of his warm body was the plague itself. Their vows mock him now, in the light of day. He’d promised her a family and, without saying so, the protection that came with such a promise. How could he possibly hope to uphold that when disease and pestilence lurked around every unique bush and stone in Loess?

Beqanna makes him feel like a failure in the eyes of his Queen.

“I’m ready to talk if you are.” The Pirate Lord murmurs richly, trying in vain to express a cheeky outer grin. When he stops beside her though, a timid coil of fear shakes his exhausted legs and gently rattles the feathers of a wing he stretches up and over her own. He hopes she brushes it off as a side effect from the exposure to winter wind, and not for the truth: that he fears losing her. “And I love you, Lepis. In case I haven’t already said it enough. I love you and I’m glad we were together … when it happened.”

They both know what he means.

Like all good nightmares do

@[Lepis]
    [Image: Wolfbane2.png][Image: 3bCHvj.png]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: jet black sky before the rain; Wolfbane - by Wolfbane - 11-04-2018, 02:49 PM