• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
    I think I found where I belong [any]

Leilan
    Glaciers melting in the dead of night
    and the superstars sucked into the supermassive
    When he left Ischia because the mess he had made with three mares too many, had come to an extreme, and to fix his soul he needed to know, not guess or assume - it had only been Brennen he could talk to. Jesper, he had not seen for a while; neither Belgaer to be honest. Trekori, Nuage, Nihlus - gone, or retreated. So only Brennen could fill the hole and, it had been enough to reflect with him on his encounter with the Ice Fairy - enough to learn from his own mistakes.

Only the immortal bay with his many children, had come near to what he needed back then. A friend and mentor who would understand more about what he was going through at the time, and could explain to him how one might keep his sanity between loving all the children and living centuries, multiple lifetimes in one.

He’s only a decade old by now though. Or by next spring anyway. What’s the difference - still so much to learn.

But at least the most important lesson, of last year, at least tempered him somewhat. He has more to live for than just himself, than the Brotherhood even. And he extends his family every day, if anyone needs it, he’ll go. Help. Protect. Guard.

That’s what he does now, too. This island is so close to Nerine, and one of the few magical safe places in the world; Nerinian mares with foals, or pregnant ones, they mostly will want to come to this place’s safety. But if it isn’t safe, for his family, for his friends, for his family-of-choice (his Brothers who will join him in the move to Nerine, his Sisters even though he may not always like the idea of adding more sisters to his mental list - and for example, Willa and Eilidh and if he finds others being threatened or repressed by a higher power, more); even his own mother who puts up such a rough exterior, like last time when he and Castile had accidentally sort of killed a man maybe - but Klaudius was a rapist and a murderer so he deserved no less, he would do it again, like he had just proved when attacking Sabra - if any of them can’t be safe here, then he will make it so. There’s absolutely nothing he will not do for those he makes a promise to.

That’s why he had confronted the suspicious gathering-at-night. Brash of nature and more honest than they were used to they had percieved him as a threat - and when the skeletal-winged mare laid out her plans, he knew he had the right of it. Now, tensions had raised higher than ever, and still the island was not yet, safe.

So now he wants to know who enters. Eye them one by one before they can cause too much trouble. Some of them were Nerinians and Ischians, by the scent of them. This one he tracks today is neither, and he means to ask what he is doing here. Estimate him. Send him flying if he so much dares to propose a ridiculous thing like abandoning the world, abandoning the sick.

He’s very much his mother’s son in that regard.

But the man has found another it seems - a shifter, by the sounds of it, because that’s what it sounds like when a horse talks to a fox. A white one; two foxes, two shifters. The scaled bay roan spots them easily in the snow that makes up the north of this island; doesn’t need heat vision for that; then he closes in. A polite but slightly questioning nod to the stranger, and a tilted head at at the more familiar white polar fluff. He smells of Ischia, a bit - of Brennen, a bit also. But he doesn’t know which one of his friends are fox-shifters, so he just nods to the creature for the time being. The other shifter had already bid him welcome; though Leilan is not quite sure what to make of that. It sounds like a border guard or leader would say - he is neither, because this isn’t a kingdom yet. But let’s give him the assumption he is here on good terms, and is just being polite.

Looking to the first fox however, knowing his origin is probably Ischian due to the faint smell, he just smiles at him. Bronze-tipped ears. Jesper. ”Welcome, Brother. It seems your new shape befits the island as much as mine.” His eyes gain a tiny bit of green, a remnant of what he truly is, son of the emerald-eyed Scorch; and very much a joker. Always looking for the fun part of life because, taking it too seriously can be too overwhelming. Something Jesper probably learned, too. Though he probably has a different way to deal wth it.

you set my soul alight
    HTML by Vanilla Custard

@[Jesper] @[Set] I noticed I hadn’t worked in the fact that Set shifted, oops. xD sorry for the extra tags!
    Two things I know I can make: pretty kids, and people mad.
    |

Messages In This Thread
    I think I found where I belong [any] - by Jesper - 11-06-2018, 11:02 PM
    RE: I think I found where I belong [any] - by Set - 11-07-2018, 12:49 AM
    RE: I think I found where I belong [any] - by Leilan - 11-07-2018, 09:53 AM
    RE: I think I found where I belong [any] - by Set - 11-08-2018, 01:34 AM