• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
    I think I found where I belong [any]
    "Don’t you ever tame your demons; but always keep them on a leash."
    The one with gold streaks in his hair and dragon-ice in his veins is coming.

Set contemplates the yawning Jesper with a furrowed brow, his expression smoothing over when the other fox resumes a standing position and gives over a smile. There is no time to say anything else, though. His ears, tufted white, flip forward and then back at the sound of snow crunching underneath heavy hooves. The black and white (well, not at the moment, of course) stallion knows a thing or two about family. He turns to take in the exchange between the fox-shifter and his great grandson, bright gaze caught up in contemplation. The thick coldblood is vehemently loyal to those he sees as his. A snarling mother bear, fierce in his pride and sense of self-righteousness. Set shifts his weight, sitting down and curling his tail around him. His head tilts to the side, shrewd gaze studying the interaction. A typically light-hearted creature, Leilan, he thinks, driven to cruel frustration by the threats to his tenuous claim. The dark corners of his mouth draw back, tongue lolling out and to the side. It had been easy enough to push the right buttons to get the desired results. He must get that from his father’s side.  

What he had not expected, though, was the intensity in the measure of the young stallion. He gets that from his mother’s side.  

Jesper is speaking now and the silence of his introspection warps and fades. He blinks against the occasional gust of wind, nose twitching at the myriad of scents it carries with it as he cranes his head to the side again. “Most of us,” - he stands with a shake of his dense coat before meeting Jesper's bright gaze - "don't have names." His shoulders roll in a semblance of a shrug, as if not having a name is no big deal. He has no doubt that they'll be unable to detect his true essence, tucked safely away in the fox's body, and so for now, he feigns ignorance. A pause and then, "Brotherhood? Nerine?. He is not sure if Jesper heard him, as he had turned to Leilan at the exact moment Set had begun speaking again, but surely Leilan has, sharp as he is.
    SET
    alliance champion, once king, mage

Messages In This Thread
    I think I found where I belong [any] - by Jesper - 11-06-2018, 11:02 PM
    RE: I think I found where I belong [any] - by Set - 11-07-2018, 12:49 AM
    RE: I think I found where I belong [any] - by Set - 11-08-2018, 01:34 AM