• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  Home my heart to thee [ Nalia ]
    "As much as it pains me to say it, you're right about one thing. With so many migrating to the Isle it's making it difficult to see if any one horse there would be willing to follow only one leader. So many would like to claim it on their own, but they fail to see that stuff like this is what has led to Beqanna's downfall in the past..."

Nalia felt the stallion press himself close to her, reaching down with his neck to pull her closer to his chest before extending his muzzle to gently brush against one of her wings. But even though she worried for him and if he stayed behind in Nerine, for some reason, his words were starting to offer her comfort. Especially after he said that no matter if he was sick or healthy, he would swim the ocean between Nerine and the Isle just to be with her.

But then, he said something she never would've expected to hear. When he did say it, for a moment, the two horses stood there, silent, and it gave Nalia a chance to absorb what he had said. It struck her as odd for a minute that he did say that four letter word, but the issue here was that, outside of her dam saying it to her, Nalia had never heard it in this context before. True, when she began experiencing something for Ardashir, feelings she didn't understand, she sought the opinions of others, but even when they offered support she still didn't fully understand.

This love they spoke of... coming to love one another to share your life with... come to think of it, this was similar to the love that her dam held for her sire before his passing, not at all like the love the stallion that killed her sire felt for her dam. That one was wrong... it was angry, possessive, not like what Ardashir was showing her. He was kind, gentle, he chose to stand with Nalia, and never spoke a foul word or raised a hoof against her. Was that necessarily a good thing? Nalia could be naive enough to the point of it being dangerous, so sometimes she might need a stern attitude, but still someone who would understand her.

Would Ardashir provide that? They were both young, and Nalia still had a lot to learn about the world, but the diplomats had helped train her in their specialty, as well as in certain aspects of life. Would Nalia be able to let this stallion in, to help keep her balanced the way her sire had done for her dam? She didn't know if she'd regret it later, but for right now, her gut was telling her she was safe... she was protected in this stallion's arms.

"Yeah, I'd like to talk about something else now... all this sickness stuff is getting to me," she joked, knowing that was a bad one. "I think the following year could hold a lot of promise... moving up in the kingdom's ranks, helping others find homes - wait, did you say, you wanted to have a family?" she asked, a bit surprised, wanting to make sure she heard him right.

@[Ardashir]

Messages In This Thread
    Home my heart to thee [ Nalia ] - by Ardashir - 11-07-2018, 04:46 PM
    RE: Home my heart to thee [ Nalia ] - by Nalia - 11-07-2018, 09:15 PM
    RE: Home my heart to thee [ Nalia ] - by Ardashir - 11-09-2018, 07:07 PM
    RE: Home my heart to thee [ Nalia ] - by Nalia - 11-10-2018, 12:42 AM
    RE: Home my heart to thee [ Nalia ] - by Ardashir - 11-13-2018, 09:58 PM
    RE: Home my heart to thee [ Nalia ] - by Nalia - 11-14-2018, 08:25 PM
    RE: Home my heart to thee [ Nalia ] - by Ardashir - 11-17-2018, 05:21 PM
    RE: Home my heart to thee [ Nalia ] - by Nalia - 11-19-2018, 04:28 AM
    RE: Home my heart to thee [ Nalia ] - by Ardashir - 12-15-2018, 03:17 PM
    RE: Home my heart to thee [ Nalia ] - by Nalia - 12-23-2018, 12:36 AM