• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  Home my heart to thee [ Nalia ]
    "I... I mean, it does make sense... I've just, never thought about it..."

Ardashir's inquiry had caught Nalia off guard there; she meant it when she said she hadn't really thought about having a foal of her own one day, given she was still rather young. She'd had fleeting thoughts, wondering what it would be like to raise one since she often saw the mares in the Field and those in Nerine with their young, but she hadn't ever thought of having a foal of her own by her side in the spring.

Still, it wasn't a thought that troubled her. In fact, it excited her a bit, but also terrified her. She was young; what if she didn't know enough to give her young one a good foalhood to grow up in? Shhe ad a lot to learn, growing as a diplomat and an individual horse. What qualities would she be able to pass onto a young one now? Ardashir seemed like he could pass on a little more since he was older, but would it be enough for their little one?

Nalia felt her cheeks heat up a little when that thought came to her. Their little one... the thought sent a pleasant feeling down to her belly, and for an unknown reason, the more she thought about a little Ardashir running around in the form of their foal, the happier she became.

Ardashir nudged Nalia's shoulder and offered some words of encouragment, saying that he was comfortable with their life being just the two of them for the time being despite hinting at how he would like to have a family. Nalia had doubts, many about little details of what could happen over the next year, but she didn't hesitate with her next words.

"I like it being the two of us right now too Ardashir, despite our jobs for Nerine," she mentioned. "But... even though I think of those in Nerine as my family... the thought of a little one... it makes me happy... the thought of one with you... even happier..." she trailed off with a smile, directing her gaze to the stallion.

@[Ardashir]

Messages In This Thread
    Home my heart to thee [ Nalia ] - by Ardashir - 11-07-2018, 04:46 PM
    RE: Home my heart to thee [ Nalia ] - by Nalia - 11-07-2018, 09:15 PM
    RE: Home my heart to thee [ Nalia ] - by Ardashir - 11-09-2018, 07:07 PM
    RE: Home my heart to thee [ Nalia ] - by Nalia - 11-10-2018, 12:42 AM
    RE: Home my heart to thee [ Nalia ] - by Ardashir - 11-13-2018, 09:58 PM
    RE: Home my heart to thee [ Nalia ] - by Nalia - 11-14-2018, 08:25 PM
    RE: Home my heart to thee [ Nalia ] - by Ardashir - 11-17-2018, 05:21 PM
    RE: Home my heart to thee [ Nalia ] - by Nalia - 11-19-2018, 04:28 AM
    RE: Home my heart to thee [ Nalia ] - by Ardashir - 12-15-2018, 03:17 PM
    RE: Home my heart to thee [ Nalia ] - by Nalia - 12-23-2018, 12:36 AM