• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

the way you kiss me will work each time // Chryseis
    you were a vision in the morning
    when the light came through,
    i know i've only felt religion when i've lied with you ;

She doesn’t know if he sees the hold he has over her, the one that he always has had. For so long she had fought against it, even when she was just a little girl and didn’t even realize what she was running from. It should have been just a childhood crush; a fleeting feeling, beautiful and strong, but one that lasted no longer than a star shooting across the sky. Instead that tiny ember had sparked into a flame, and no matter how many times she smothered it, it was ignited every time she saw him again.

But right now, it is no longer a spark. He is stoking it to a fire, that she can feel burning in the far corners of her heart and melting the frigid walls she had carefully crafted. It wasn’t just pity for the way his body shivered with fever and the blood that stained his golden lips; it’s because it is him, and her foolish heart has been his since the first time she met him. She is sure she would live to regret it someday; that they were destined to crash  and burn, and that she would be pulling together pieces of herself from the wreckage — whatever he managed to not take with him. And somehow still, she can’t walk away.

His outburst, though quiet in volume, has a strength behind the words that she feels in her core, but only elicits the faintest of smiles. She doesn’t fully believe him. Though still ever sweet, there is doubt that has seeded inside her heart, one that makes her question everything he says. He tilts her chin upwards, her glossy eyes flickering as they search his, trying to find any source of truth to what he is saying. She wishes she could read his mind, and his heart, and maybe she wouldn’t feel so afraid.

She can feel the tears gathering again, but they don’t fall. It would be easy to lie to him, to protect herself from any further damage. Instead, she can’t deny him the truth, as it blossoms in her chest and form so easily on her tongue, ”Rhae,” she begins, her voice nearly cracking but quickly gaining strength as she steadily holds his gaze, ”You have had my heart since the day I met you. And it is still yours.” She presses against him, her gold-blazed forehead against his as she whispers, ”Even if you break it, it’s yours.”

He moves then, their chests touching as his neck drapes across hers, her own muzzle nestled across his back. It is sweet and sensual, if only for a moment, before his teeth grab hold of her skin, and a gasp that evolves into a low moan catches in her throat at the feeling it sparks. A small trickle of bright blood slides down the slope of her roaned shoulder, her entire body suddenly flush and warm. With her slender neck arched she lets her lips slide up his neck, before her own teeth scrape roughly just below his ear and she whispers with a hungry ferocity, ”You’re mine.”

chryseis.
    and i'm still waking every morning but it's not with you

@[Rhaegor]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: the way you kiss me will work each time // Chryseis - by Chryseis - 12-02-2018, 05:18 PM